Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 12:46 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What does not having adopted kids yourself have to do with being pro-life? White ones? Now you're just pulling the race card. If you're not prepared to be a parent then don't have unprotected sex.
Its fine and dandy to scream save the child, save the child but when it comes down to all those children born because there were no options who is going to raise them? These people on the picket lines won't and if a child is not "healthy and white" adoption if any will be much harder. It's not a race card but the way it works everyone want healthy white children but for those with learning/health challenges well their not as desirable.

I will tell you from experience that protection methods don't always work but next time you hear of a pregnant 15 year old who was raped make sure she understands that it's her fault for having unprotected sex...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 12:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Another religious bigot trying to splain' what they know nothing about. Notice how this poster basically proves that bigotry by stating that pro-life people must be hypocrites because they would get abortions???

Yup, that is some crazy projection and deep seated bigotry towards people you don't know and don't care to know because you would be faced with a reality you refuse to accept exists.

For the record, I have NEVER met a pro-life person who snuck away for an abortion, but I have met many women who had abortions and as a result have had a change of heart and have overcome the rhetoric of abortion to understand that in reality, it is not a choice to stop a beating heart.
Why would any religious woman of faith who wants abortion banned let you know she got an abortion? It's her secret she knows she doesn't need to share with the rest of the world.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:49 PM

778 posts, read 339,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Eating at its most basic level is to sustain life, yet we as humans indulge in such culinary delicacies often in over abundance. Why do we all not consume enough of just the raw, healthy types of food needed to sustain our bodies at optimal levels?
Humans like some other mammals such as primates, some of the large cats, and even bears, find great pleasure in sexual intercourse. This is evident in our desire to engage in sexual activity that would be impossible for procreation like oral sex and indulging with the same sex partner.
So yes basically we cant help ourselves as we are driven by biological and psychological forces.
We, mankind, have discovered and perfected ways to thwart pregnancy so we do not have to agree to pregnancy as a result of sexual intercourse. Great isnt it.

So she just takes the morning after pill every month or every time she has sex. One would think it would be cheaper to use an alternative form as that pill can cost between 25 and 65 bucks a pop plus the potential side effects. Sounds like your co-worker could use a bit of counseling from PP.
I agree with your hypothesis, but do we blame others when we get fat from over indulgence? Do we blame the failure of a diet pill for our blubber? Do we argue that "it's a slow metabolism," etc.

If you should take responsibility for getting fat or suffering from high blood pressure or have a heart attack as a result of over indulging in eating, then why should you not be responsible for the human life you have created as a result of engaging in sex? Why should you be free to take a human life because of your indulgences?

I have no problem with THWARTING pregnancies, but when THWARTING FAILS, I don't believe that the right answer is to stop the heartbeat of an innocent human life.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
They don't care about the unborn, they only care about women not having sex.

That's all.

They also deny the fact that sex is a natural thing for humans to have the urge to do and removing access to abortion and birth control will only lead to increases of those parents and children being served by social welfare programs.

This is why government shouldn't be involved in reproductive medicine. It is none of anyone else's business who someone else has sex with.
Tell us more about what we think? Please Dr. Residinghere, tell us what everyone else thinks, so we know how you think. Projecting on others does not make it so.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:51 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
I agree with your hypothesis, but do we blame others when we get fat from over indulgence? Do we blame the failure of a diet pill for our blubber? Do we argue that "it's a slow metabolism," etc.

If you should take responsibility for getting fat or suffering from high blood pressure or have a heart attack as a result of over indulging in eating, then why should you not be responsible for the human life you have created as a result of engaging in sex? Why should you be free to take a human life because of your indulgences?

I have no problem with THWARTING pregnancies, but when THWARTING FAILS, I don't believe that the right answer is to stop the heartbeat of an innocent human life.
When they fertilize a rack of eggs for IVF and then toss em in the freezer are those all human lives?

Old 01-30-2017, 12:52 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
People do not choose a lot of what happens in their lives, but that does not negate the value of yours or anyone else's life.

I don't remember ever being taught that life should be easy and we should be free to take whatever measures necessary to make it easier for us.

Why is it okay to end the life of a baby because he/she was unplanned or inconvenient, but you cannot kill a coworker so you can get a better job or kill some woman so you can take her husband?

Why can't we just rob a bank if we need money, because being broke is inconvenient or makes our lives difficult?

No one is denying that there should be a safety net for those who truly need one. And in that I mean the original purpose of welfare was to care for widows and orphans. Of course, in modern society, those in need include single mothers and children.

You do agree, though, don't you that right now, as a single mother, you would advise other women who are single that having a child without the financial and emotional support is difficult and that it is a better decision to be in an emotionally and financially stable place before you have a child? Of course, life happens, but shouldn't the goal to be in the best place possible?

I am sorry for your struggles!
We I do not agree that a fetus is a viable child in early pregnancy. So your argument in that regard is invalid. I always encourage young, single moms to consider abortions. It certainly is the easier option. But I also realize, that it is their right to choose, which avenue they want to take.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:52 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
When they fertilize a rack of eggs for IVF and then toss em in the freezer are those all human lives?
anti choice never address this problem.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:54 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
When the purpose of intercourse, at its MOST BASIC level is to procreate, then yes, every time you engage in sexual intercourse, regardless of YOUR intention, you are inherently agreeing to pregnancy, regardless of your attempts to thwart the natural purpose of the act itself.

Sorry, but to think otherwise is to be a science denier. When you play Russian roulette, you can't whine when you end up with a bullet through your head.

I am going to say that most of the people having intercourse today, are doing it strictly for enjoyment and not procreation.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
And, don't forget, not only do they want birth control gone, abortion and contraception gone... they also want to make sure that young people are not taught about reproduction. It will be all well and good - until they or their child needs one of those things.
Who is they? Where is all your evidence that people who are pro-life are against contraception? Because that is a bald face lie that pro-abortion people tell themselves so they can feel better about supporting infanticide.

I am pro-life and pro BC. My daughter is on BCP. I was on BCP since I was 17, due to medical issues. I understand that BCP's are used for more than preventing pregnancy. My friends and family are all pro-life and not a single one of them are against Birth Control pill, rubbers and anti-spermicide, the sponge, or the diaphragm, so get over yourself and the lies you tell yourself and others to feel better about stopping the beating heart of another human!

Old 01-30-2017, 12:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Tell us more about what we think? Please Dr. Residinghere, tell us what everyone else thinks, so we know how you think. Projecting on others does not make it so.
So if you care so dearly about the unborn, then don't you think a law should be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth? If she violates that law, then she must be charged with murder and subject to a jury trial if she pleads innocent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies