Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 12:56 PM

778 posts, read 339,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not if they want children at some point in the future. hedonistic proclivities? you find something wrong with that?
I find nothing wrong with enjoying sex. In fact, go for it, enjoy away!!! I find it reprehensible that people are willing and even militant in their belief that their sexual pleasure is more important that a beating heart and the human potential of an innocent life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 12:56 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
anti choice never address this problem.
Because at its core, it is inevitably based in bible banging religion that says there is a soul in there - some will straight up admit it, others will hem and haw and try to deflect but that IS what it is about. There is never an attempt to present empirical evidence because that is not how religion works - that is why 99% of the arguments against it are pure emotional appeals. For some reason many of them seem reticent to come out and admit that this is the basis of their opposition in public discourse. I imagine many are less reticent in their church settings.

The implications of that belief for things like IVF is better to be pushed to the dusty corners of the cognitive dissonance segment of their brains.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 01-30-2017 at 01:05 PM..

Old 01-30-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Evangelical Christians see the potential negative consequences of premarital sex (unwanted children, single parenthood, poverty, STDs, etc) to be God's righteous punishment for premarital sex. To use taxpayer money to eliminate God's righteous punishment is heresy.

No, I'm not exaggerating. It's what fundamentalist Christians really believe.
Are you a Fundamentalist Christian? Are you the spokesmodel for Fundamental Christianity?

Just wondering why we should accept what you as "gospel."

Old 01-30-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Just stop already, the odds of a baby born to a poor household becoming a criminal or just remaining poor themselves is astronomically higher than the odds of them being successful. For every Oprah or Bill Clinton, you have millions who end up in prison or on welfare. Hoping for a kid being born in a poor household to actually have a good life is like hoping to win the lottery, the odds are not in your favor
Because most children born during the depression are poverty stricken criminals? Because we don't need more criminals and poor people? Is that you Margaret? If we could just get rid of the undesirables, huh?

Old 01-30-2017, 01:01 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Who is they? Where is all your evidence that people who are pro-life are against contraception? Because that is a bald face lie that pro-abortion people tell themselves so they can feel better about supporting infanticide.

Who is they are the people in Latin America. Most, if not all abortion is banned there. Their very dominate Catholic religion discourages use of birth control. So you end up with an abortion rate much higher than in the United States. Because of that is a major reason why I am pro-choice. Many Catholics in the U. S. frown on birth control.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:03 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
I find nothing wrong with enjoying sex. In fact, go for it, enjoy away!!! I find it reprehensible that people are willing and even militant in their belief that their sexual pleasure is more important that a beating heart and the human potential of an innocent life.
a living breathing adult woman trump's all when it comes to her choice to be pregnant or not

Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
why should any woman against her own will gestate, labor, deliver, birth a bay and either raise it or give it up for adoption. her sovereignty over her won body trumps all.
Why should a human life, against its will be extinguished without the opportunity to experience its own potential?

I am asking you a serious question. An abortion isn't ending a woman's life it is ending a separate human life. One with different DNA. A wholly unique life form with a beating heart and developing existence and potential. Why is it okay to end that human life? Because it is "inconvenient" for the creator of that life to sustain it until birth? An inconvenience is more valuable than a human life and its potential.

I cannot agree with that concept. Sorry. And I don't believe that our government should endorse that sentiment by funding that ideal.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Because at its core, it is inevitably based in bible banging religion that says there is a soul in there - some will straight up admit it, others will hem and haw and try to deflect but that IS what it is about. There is never an attempt to present empirical evidence because that is not how religion works - that is why 99% of the arguments against it are pure emotional appeals.

The implications of that belief for things like IVF is better to be pushed to the dusty corners of the cognitive dissonance segment of their brains.
Speaking of religion, nowhere in the Bible was abortion banned and seldom is it mentioned. At most, a man was due punishment, if he harmed a pregnant woman to cause her to abort. But nothing in the Bible says a woman must not choose to have an abortion.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:07 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Why should a human life, against its will be extinguished without the opportunity to experience its own potential?

I am asking you a serious question. An abortion isn't ending a woman's life it is ending a separate human life. One with different DNA. A wholly unique life form with a beating heart and developing existence and potential. Why is it okay to end that human life? Because it is "inconvenient" for the creator of that life to sustain it until birth? An inconvenience is more valuable than a human life and its potential.

I cannot agree with that concept. Sorry. And I don't believe that our government should endorse that sentiment by funding that ideal.
You seem fixated on the "beating heart" aspect which seems somewhat illogical as it is the brain not the heart that contains "who" a person is. The heart is just a muscle that pumps blood.

Would you be against abortions before the point of the first heartbeat then?

Old 01-30-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
we also have manson, and all of his ilk. the coin has tow sides. anti choice must not see the other side of the coin.
Do you see a potential life as ending up like Manson or ending up like you? Seriously, do you really believe that the majority of the 50 Million abortions performed since 1973 extinguished the heart beat of another Charles Manson?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies