Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 09:12 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And the woman could be a sorry jerk who is just claiming rape but really wants to kill the baby because she is mad at her husband for taking her to McD's on her anniversary.
If she this looney- don't need to be a mother...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 09:49 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If she this looney- don't need to be a mother...
You got a point.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:05 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,585,831 times
The headline is misleading. The obvious intent of whoever wrote it, is to lead you to think that any rapist could sue his victim, to keep her from ending a resulting pregnancy. But it applies only to a husband, who forced himself on his wife. The challenges to similar laws in other states, have resulted in all four of them being knocked down.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:14 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
And that says it right there how unequal women are. Sadly it is still a man's world no matter how far we have come.

It isn't the father's child also?

It sure is his when she wants child support.

Why should the father have no say in what happens to his child?

Old 02-04-2017, 10:26 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It isn't the father's child also?

It sure is his when she wants child support.

Why should the father have no say in what happens to his child?
Because he isn't putting his health or life at risk to carry a pregnancy and give birth.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:43 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sharia law. Who'd a thunk?
No kidding... And we're all hot and bothered about radical Islam. Hell its right here in red state USA, lol.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:54 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,132 times
From article:
Quote:
A pregnant woman's husband will have the power to stop her from having an abortion, even in cases of spousal rape, under a new law introduced in the US state of Arkansas.
I wonder how you prove spousal rape anyways? I mean... women lie all the time. If he's your husband why would you want to kill your baby out of hatred for him anyways. Kind of like drowning the kid in a bathtub because you're mad at her father.

Psychologically, I get why you'd want to abort the child of some stranger (or gang) that raped you.

I'm not PC nor am I playing the PC game. This is right up there with women I have to read about online about injecting their little children with heroin, or chopping their children up with their boyfriends planning on disposing of the body. All this innocent little sweet woman stuff is over with. Just because you make a claim and put on a nice acting show does not mean I automatically believe you.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:00 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,585,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
From article:

I wonder how you prove spousal rape anyways? I mean... women lie all the time. If he's your husband why would you want to kill your baby out of hatred for him anyways. Kind of like drowning the kid in a bathtub because you're mad at her father.

Psychologically, I get why you'd want to abort the child of some stranger (or gang) that raped you.

I'm not PC nor am I playing the PC game. This is right up there with women I have to read about online about injecting their little children with heroin, or chopping their children up with their boyfriends planning on disposing of the body. All this innocent little sweet woman stuff is over with. Just because you make a claim and put on a nice acting show does not mean I automatically believe you.
Not to worry. No one is going to accuse you of being PC.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:04 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,112,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And the woman could be a sorry jerk who is just claiming rape but really wants to kill the baby because she is mad at her husband for taking her to McD's on her anniversary.
If those are the poor child's parents...perhaps it's better off...

Old 02-05-2017, 04:53 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Right. Misleading headline, anyway. The headline is a hysterical, leftist attempt at building public outcry against this bill. In actuality, the bill allows husbands/fathers to sue their significant others from having abortions in the 2nd trimester. The "rapist" headline is being pushed in that the law doesn't explicitly prevent rapists from suing to prevent the abortions. But "rapists" will be incarcerated, not out paying bling to hire attorneys to save the life of the unborn.
But, that would not preclude the "right to life" folks from filing on his behalf. After all, they believe that any abortion is murder, right? They'll put up the money so that they can claim a moral victory over the woman.

And, I'm wondering why you put "rapist" in quotes? Is is because you don't believe that "rape" actually is a crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies