Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 04:21 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Notice they left the "husband" part of the title.

The article title was very misleading. Any woman being raped (forced to have sex against her will) by her husband needs to get out of the marriage.

My baby would be my baby no matter who fathered the child. My baby.

They are always coming up with their crap to try to justify abortion. Whatever it takes to make them feel better about ordering the destruction of their babies.
I gave birth to my rapist's child. The courts ended up giving him my baby to raise the rest of the way. I ended up homeless. I was just receiving disability and had to pay child support out of less than $700/month. I lived in my car a lot because I couldn't afford housing. I wasn't even allowed to talk to her on the phone. No visitation whatsoever. They said I had alienated her from him when he hadn't even been in her life. They didn't care that he had raped me. They didn't care about all the times he beat me or even the time he was going to set me on fire. In the end she was legally my rapist's baby, not mine.

The reality is that the rape victim is legally expected to co-parent with her rapist if he exerts his rights. This is true whether the victim was married to him or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 04:23 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sorry, marriage does not make a woman the property of her husband.

A woman cannot be owned, we are not breeding stock.

A husband cannot make any other medical decisions for a wife against her wishes, abortion is no different, it is a medical decision that effects her health, he has no say.
Has nothing to do with the woman being owned, it has to do with the father of an unborn child having an equal say in what he participated in to create.

The reality is, this legislation is intended to protect the rights of the father. THAT is why feminists hate it. Shrieking headlines about rapists forcing women to become incubators is intended to enrage women because the author thinks women are too stupid to read the underlying legislation and are too emotional to actually use reason and see that the "rape" angle is an infinitesimal aspect of the bill.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:19 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Has nothing to do with the woman being owned, it has to do with the father of an unborn child having an equal say in what he participated in to create.

The reality is, this legislation is intended to protect the rights of the father. THAT is why feminists hate it. Shrieking headlines about rapists forcing women to become incubators is intended to enrage women because the author thinks women are too stupid to read the underlying legislation and are too emotional to actually use reason and see that the "rape" angle is an infinitesimal aspect of the bill.

Rape or not, he doesn't get an equal say because there is nothing equal about pregnancy.

The father has no say because he is not risking his health, his very life, by carrying a pregnancy to term. When it comes to pregnancy, the father has no rights until AFTER the birth.

Sorry dear, "we" are not pregnant, only the woman is pregnant and it is up to her, and her alone, to decide if she wants to carry the pregnancy to term. That's not emotion, that is cold, hard FACT.

On the other hand, what if the husband wants the wife to abort? Should he get the deciding vote then?

Can't have it both ways.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:24 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
How do you plan on enforcing that?
If the father isn't notified of the pregnancy, he can opt out of child support. Period.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If the father isn't notified of the pregnancy, he can opt out of child support. Period.
Why would a woman who is planning to abort be worried about child support?

Old 02-07-2017, 05:40 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Why would a woman who is planning to abort be worried about child support?
It's the ones who aren't planning to abort that enslave men who don't want to be fathers for 18+ years of child support. That's a problem.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
It's the ones who aren't planning to abort that enslave men who don't want to be fathers for 18+ years of child support. That's a problem.

You are worried about that but not a rapist forcing a woman to have "his" child, which would effectively keep him involved in her life for at least 18 years?

And, sorry, I vote to "enslave" the man that did the deed instead of taxpayers who had nothing to do with creating the problem.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:54 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
How often does that happen?

Old 02-07-2017, 07:04 PM

195 posts, read 161,544 times
No surprise that women are against something that evens the playing field regarding MEN being able to have some rights when it comes to children he does or does not want.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:09 PM

26 posts, read 14,480 times
This law will most likely be over turned. They tried to pass a similar law in Mississippi and it was over turned. Hopefully abortion will become a non issue once the baby boomers gain less political power. Most people under 40 are pro choice by a large margin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies