Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 08:19 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
the problem here is, black on black crime has nothing to do with the OP article. Second, you got your wish, it's textbook racism to lump all blacks in with the bad ones. Yall end up looking racist when any and every discussion of race ends up with "well crime rates". That's you go to when you have nothing to offer. Now go cry about how being called racist is worse than actually dealing with racism.
Two things:

AA: Yes, I do lump all black people together as they overwhelmingly support this self-discriminating law.

Crime: How could anybody not?

Can you tell the difference between a poisonous snake or a non-poisonous snake? When you see a snake in your house, do you take the time to get to know the snake or do you just run? I personally like snakes and they don't scare me but most people would just run.

The point is that most people can't tell the difference between the good Black people and the hood rats. So when they see a strange black person and know statistically the person is much more likely to commit a crime, they generally stay away from him or her.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 02-06-2017 at 08:35 AM..

Old 02-06-2017, 08:20 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
those "50 years" was just the refinement of the same old white supremacy. Jim Crow ended, they transitioned to attacking the family structure via mass incarceration and "war on drugs".
Yes, I do not understand why blacks are not more active in battling the war on drugs. They have been harmed the most by it.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Example 17 - not only do you assume that the family in question only achieved stuff due to affirmative action, you think it is ok to treat people rudely. And then wonder why people complain about everyday racism.
Been waiting for this.

Please prove it to me that they didn't take advantage of AA.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, I do not understand why blacks are not more active in battling the war on drugs. They have been harmed the most by it.
Or battling the murder. A black person far more likely being murdered by another black person.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:22 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
empathy is both understanding and feeling.

So its not emotion over logic, its emotion and logic.
Empathy is emotional make believe, it is worthless, it is pointless and serves no useful or practical purpose other than making the one who "empathizes" feel better about themselves.

It is why progressives are such useless beings as rather than being of practical use to those in need (ie helping them help themselves), they spend all their time going on about how much their wussy hurts over some injustice in the world.

So, naturally it is understandable they do a lot of "empathizing" with others, that and having candle light vigils to show others just how much they "feel" about a given situation, after all... "feeling" is what is most important!

Old 02-06-2017, 08:26 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Or battling the murder. A black person far more likely being murdered by another black person.
Once again, the war on drugs is the prime reason for that.

Prohibition promotes violence. That violence will always be greater among groups traditionally discriminated against by the regular labor market.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
So if they ask you if you need any help, they're trying to make sure you're not stealing. If they don't, they're rudely ignoring you.........its very difficult to navigate these microaggressions indeed!
that's the beauty of this scenario: no matter what happens, they achieve the coveted 'victim' status.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:30 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
blacks have been harmed by the war on drugs the most because blacks have been targeted the most. People of all races use drugs. If there was really a war on drugs the police could just go from dorm room to dorm room locking up white college students. If there was really a war on drugs the Reagan administration would not have sold the drugs in these neighborhoods. And when you factor in the different sentences used for something like cocaine powder vs crack, then you start to see the racism in the fake war. And please tell us how you would quantify which race is more or less active in the war on drugs.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:35 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Two things:

AA: Yes, I do lump all black people together as they overwhelmingly support this self-discriminating law.

Crime: How could anybody not?

Can you tell the difference between a poisonous snake or a non-poisonous snake? When you see a snake in your house, do you take the time to get to know the snake or do you just run? I personally like snakes and they don't scare me but most people would just run.

The point is that most people can't tell the difference between the good Black people and the hood rats. So when they see a strange black person and know statistically a person is much more likely to commit a crime, they generally stay away from him or her.
yes you can tell the difference between poisonous snake and a non poisoinous snake...lmaooooooooooooooooooooo

And if you can't tell the difference between "good Black people and the hood rats" that's on you. It's not our responsibility to let YOU know if we're good or bad. And in the OP's examples, what do crime rates have to do with checking into a hotel? You see how stupid it is to fall back on that flawed stance. Your trying to apply it to basic day to day things, then you wonder why you get called out on that flawed logic. Somebody rolls over your foot at the airport..."well crime rates". This is how you sound.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:46 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times
Alright, please define racism for me. Every definition I've seen says racism is about believing in racial superiority or inferiority. Now apply that here. Are any of those examples racist? The last example might be stereotyping (and jokingly at that), but that isn't racism.

What I get from this is that a black family is looking at the world through the racism lense, "feels" like there might be prejudice involved, completely speculating, and then concludes that their experiences are evidence of a racist society. Then when people challenge them on it, they're labeled racist or unempathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies