Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 07:54 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times

Advertisements

I will just put this here since it has just as much credibility as what these people are claiming. I was standing on line with them at that hotel, what they said happened never happened.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:05 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
People, stops with the talk about "drug selling"... learn.... Black people have no history of being the mass importers of drugs into this country. they have no history of being mass growers of drugs, and they have no history of being the mass developers and producers of drugs.

Therefore, look at the whole picture, not the street activity, because street activity has drugs being sold by every ethnic groups. Importation of drugs in this country is predominantly done by non black ethnic people. as is production and as is growing of drugs.

By the time drugs get to black people, they have been processed through the system and passed the hands of many ethnicity groups, long before they come into the hands of black people. Therefore, don't buy into the Media madness.

It's the exact same things with Public Service Assistance, Black people make up 13% of the population, there is no possible way that 40% of that 13% could use more public services, when white people make up over 70+ % of the population and 40% of that 70% use some form of Public services....
In raw numbers... yes "raw", that would average out to 4:1 in some areas and higher than 7:1 in other areas where white people make up the bulk users of public services.

So when people make such mal-aligned comments, they are not only unaware, they are playing into the old George Wallace of the 1960's attitudes, which detested the thought of any black person gaining any benefit of public assistance, even when they were as much taxpayers as any white person is a tax payer.... that craziness came from Slavery ideology, where blacks were given nothing, and from segregation's, where it was designed to ensure that blacks were not served equal nor treated equal, which was the basis of segregation, was to avoid facing the equality tht is necessary to support integration.

Learn people, how propaganda of madness has spread for generations. based on historical factors of racism, all the way back to how racism feed many to support slavery and racism fed many to to support segregation, and how racism fed many to fight against integration and stand in fight against the very premise of Equality.

Don't run from learning, face up to the strength it takes to be willing and self invested in learning. Some find great challenge with that, because Equality means, they must dispense with the fictional delusion of superiority, and some can't bear to think of such, because their sense of weakness tells them if they give up the fiction of superiority, they may not be able to measure up in the realism of equality.

Fears .... dominate the mentality of man, and he often choose to cling to ignorance rather than face the fears that bring understanding. It is far easier in life to be and remaining being a fool, than it is to become aware and being a man of knowledge who can stand as one with gaining wisdom. It's a very humbling task and undertaking... of which many fear with a passion of despaired anguish...

Go and read the history of what the British did to the Chinese when it came to Opium - even when Opium was destroying the Chinese population, the British Growers, threatened the Chinese with many acts if they did not grow more Opium, because it was profitable to the British, and devastating to the Chinese. When Chairman Mao, closed off China, he resulted to kill 10's of millions of Chinese in aim to remove the addictions from the Chinese people. When they did that, they did everything to make sure, they never would fall under the Rule of the British, nor any other culture of white society. This is what is within history, that people should learn from.

Many places in Africa are still fighting to free themselves from things brought upon them by many foreign cultures, and that is a long history that many can learn much from.

American has its own works cut out for it, and it has to engage that work or it will further make itself into a hell of many sorts for many of all ethnicity whom exist upon these lands.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:07 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I will just put this here since it has just as much credibility as what these people are claiming. I was standing on line with them at that hotel, what they said happened never happened.
Explain????

Old 02-07-2017, 08:14 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
People, stops with the talk about "drug selling"... learn.... Black people have no history of being the mass importers of drugs into this country. Therefore, look at the whole picture, not the street activity, because street activity has drugs being sold by every ethnic groups. Importation of drugs in this country is predominantly done by non black ethnic people.

By the time drugs get to black people, they have been processed through the system and passed the hands of many ethnicity groups, long before they come into the hands of black people. Therefore, don't buy into the Media madness.

It's the exact same things with Public Service Assistance, Black people make up 13% of the population, there is no possible way that 40% of that 13% could use more public services, when white people make up over 70+ % of the population and 40% of that 70% use some form of Public services....
In raw numbers... yes "raw", that would average out to 4:1 in some areas and higher than 7:1 in other areas where white people make up the bulk users of public services.

So when people make such mal-aligned comments, they are not only unaware, they are playing into the old George Wallace of the 1960's attitudes, which detested the thought of any black person gaining any benefit of public assistance, even when they were as much taxpayers as any white person is a tax payer.... that craziness came from Slavery ideology, where blacks were given nothing, and from segregation's, where it was designed to ensure that blacks were not served equal nor treated equal, which was the basis of segregation, was to avoid facing the equality tht is necessary to support integration.

Learn people, how propaganda of madness has spread for generations. based on historical factors of racism, all the way back to how racism feed many to support slavery and racism fed many to to support segregation, and how racism fed many to fight against integration and stand in fight against the very premise of Equality.

Don't run from learning, face up to the strength it takes to be willing and self invested in learning. Some find great challenge with that, because Equality means, they must dispense with the fictional delusion of superiority, and some can't bear to think of such, because their sense of weakness tells them if they give up the fiction of superiority, they may not be able to measure up in the realism of equality.

Fears .... dominate the mentality of man, and he often choose to cling to ignorance rather than face the fears that bring understanding. It is far easier in life to be and remaining being a fool, than it is to become aware and being a man of knowledge who can stand as one with gaining wisdom. It's a very humbling task and undertaking... of which many fear with a passion of despaired anguish...
The conversation about the drug sellers shows the discriminatory nature of our criminal justice system. When a white man and a black man have the same record, go before the same judge for the same crime, the white man got probation and the black man got prison.

This is relevant in the discussion of race in America.

All of what you mentioned in the above regarding importation of drugs, etc., is not relevant to the fact that black defendants are discriminated against in our criminal justice system and a review of cases and compiling of data showed that black judges are less biased in their punishments doled out in our criminal justice system based on race due in part that black judges are black and are not as apt to view other black people in terms of not being from a "good family" just because they are black.

It was an example of bias and how racial bias influences our legal systems (and IMO educational systems) and that these actually are issues that black people need to continue to work on to decrease the negative outcomes of that bias.

On personal interactions, like being followed in stores or someone "maybe" treating you poorly based on race, those IMO are not important because everyone is perceived to be something they aren't at one point in time in their lives. But bias in the criminal justice system and in schools cause a detriment to black individuals and families and need to continue to be acted upon by the black populace.

I don't care about being followed around in a store. I will yell BOOOO at the person following me and when they jump, I laugh and tell them to stop following me lol. It is pretty funny. I also sometimes leave or I tell them after they stop following me that I will never shop at their place again because they were following me and I don't like to be criminalized when I am spending my hard earned money.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:41 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
People, stops with the talk about "drug selling"... learn.... Black people have no history of being the mass importers of drugs into this country. they have no history of being mass growers of drugs, and they have no history of being the mass developers and producers of drugs.

Therefore, look at the whole picture, not the street activity, because street activity has drugs being sold by every ethnic groups. Importation of drugs in this country is predominantly done by non black ethnic people. as is production and as is growing of drugs.

Go and read the history of what the British did to the Chinese when it came to Opium - even when Opium was destroying the Chinese population, the British Growers, threatened the Chinese with many acts if they did not grow more Opium, because it was profitable to the British, and devastating to the Chinese. When Chairman Mao, closed off China, he resulted to kill 10's of millions of Chinese in aim to remove the addictions from the Chinese people. When they did that, they did everything to make sure, they never would fall under the Rule of the British, nor any other culture of white society. This is what is within history, that people should learn from.

Many places in Africa are still fighting to free themselves from things brought upon them by many foreign cultures, and that is a long history that many can learn much from.

American has its own works cut out for it, and it has to engage that work or it will further make itself into a hell of many sorts for many of all ethnicity whom exist upon these lands.

How did the 13% commit 50% of all murders?

Old 02-07-2017, 08:50 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Blah blah blah, and you can do all of that stuff and still get discriminated against.

For example, in this post you just said all black people are lazy and are on welfare.....

I know this is really hard for you to believe, but I am black, my parents are still married, they both went to college (as did some of my grandparents) and we have never been on welfare.

So how much harder should I work, 2x harder than my peers? 3x harder? 10x? Where does it stop?
My Grandparents were 100% German born of German immigrants. During WWI they were the victims of terrible backlash and discrimination but they were highly skilled farmers and carpenters. They prospered despite the discrimination because they did the best work. My Grandpa at 70 years old built the house I grew up in. He was a talented guy and everyone knew it, even though he was hated for who he was and who he was born to.

Sound familiar? You have to stop obsessing with the people that dislike you in your head and make your own life in this world.

The Lord gives you ONE CHANCE. What are you going to do with it today?

BTW, if you think I said "All black people are lazy and on welfare" That is a big part of your problem. You have a screwed up perception.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:55 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Explain????
What is there to explain. The entire thread is based on what someone said. No proof, no nothing. So if that's good enough to automatically believe them, I'm stating I was on that same line with them at that hotel and it never happened.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:56 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
The long elocutions on racism aren't very meaningful when this is a experiment, with no equal in history nor the modern world, and there are no guarantees of any kind whatsoever.

These short paragraphs are an attempt to describe an impossibly complicated and interconnected mechanical system with a few words.

You can make excuses for the undeveloped world for the next several hundred years, but as it remains undeveloped those excuses will wear thin. In case you haven't been paying attention, they already are.

I could shoot back: imagine the development we could have if we weren't weighed down by the people who we have to constantly raise the development of; an effort that almost always fails for no discernible politically correct reason?

Old 02-07-2017, 08:58 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The conversation about the drug sellers shows the discriminatory nature of our criminal justice system. When a white man and a black man have the same record, go before the same judge for the same crime, the white man got probation and the black man got prison.

This is relevant in the discussion of race in America.

All of what you mentioned in the above regarding importation of drugs, etc., is not relevant to the fact that black defendants are discriminated against in our criminal justice system and a review of cases and compiling of data showed that black judges are less biased in their punishments doled out in our criminal justice system based on race due in part that black judges are black and are not as apt to view other black people in terms of not being from a "good family" just because they are black.

It was an example of bias and how racial bias influences our legal systems (and IMO educational systems) and that these actually are issues that black people need to continue to work on to decrease the negative outcomes of that bias.

On personal interactions, like being followed in stores or someone "maybe" treating you poorly based on race, those IMO are not important because everyone is perceived to be something they aren't at one point in time in their lives. But bias in the criminal justice system and in schools cause a detriment to black individuals and families and need to continue to be acted upon by the black populace.

I don't care about being followed around in a store. I will yell BOOOO at the person following me and when they jump, I laugh and tell them to stop following me lol. It is pretty funny. I also sometimes leave or I tell them after they stop following me that I will never shop at their place again because they were following me and I don't like to be criminalized when I am spending my hard earned money.
Yes, I agree about the law, thus so, if you read the previous post it addressed how the contortion of our law enforcement from the streets to the judicial system was filled with manner, mode and process based on the mentality ideals that pushed and promoted slavery, segregation and the dehumanizing of blacks.

My point in the post about "don't talk about drug selling"... is to say, blacks are the last on the totem pole of selling drugs, they are created, moved about and sold by many non blacks long before the drugs get to blacks hands. So, unless one is going to talk about the big picture of drug selling, I say, don't talk about drug selling as it relates only to black people, because it infers something negative which does not reflect the broader reality of truths of which the big picture contains.

Most black people sell drugs, because other options of income earning is insufficient in accessibility or income available from such minimum wage work, That is not justification, that is factual..

Mob crimes of many sorts have existed in American long before blacks were out of bondages, and much of that went way beyond doing it for survival, they had escalated to do it for "power"... blacks sell drugs, often trying to get out of despair and desperate situations or make a way to help their family out of it, or even to get seed money for a business ventures.
But when society talks about it, they only talk about the lowest costuming of it.

Drug selling is bad, because one should not need to feed others posion to rise up. But, we know society as during the Reagan Era sent drugs directly to the minority areas, it was not only a means to gain money for his war, but one of culling and containing the poor into a circle, that ensures their entrapment for yet a whole generation further or more. What he did not count on, was how it would impact much of middle class white society, in which he made sure drug treatment was available, "until" white middle class was cleaned up, and suddenly the drug rehab programs shut down, closed their doors and destroyed their records.

As I write, it is not possible to put everything in a post, therefore, some of the paraphrasing, or subject brief scans, is for the individual to further expound via investigation to grasp the inner working and expanse of details.

There are countless books, built and created from tid bits of thoughts, because there is a world of detail within the whole of it all. If one scan back over the 1000's of writing I have just on this forum, much can be referenced in commentary that hit various pointers of discus-sable elements. I've been writing about life and such broad variety of things for many years,likely for years that span beyond the age of some of the posters whom engage this site, and have likely a couple of 100,000's + writings and they are all attuned to the pursuit of better understanding, growth, learning and how to be and what it takes or us as a whole of human beings to move into a realm of God Honesty in our living and actives of doing so.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:59 AM

27,576 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This article perfectly articulates what it is like to be black in America. Doing all the right things is never quite enough.

A black Dallas family 'did everything America said we should' but still endures racism daily | News | Dallas News
This family sounds very entitled and arrogant to me.

Just because they are successful, they think that they should be immune from all the impoliteness in society?

Life doesn't work that way. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies