Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 01:42 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
They would need a warranty with strong probably cause for each dorm.

Black people aren't being pulled over because they are black.

Here, I give you all of these - assuming all you said were true, how can you explain the disproportionately high murder rate among blacks? Dead people don't lie.

Are you going to tell me that black people don't commit murder at that rate, a huge percentage of the black murderers were falsely convicted because they are black?

Here lies the issue: black people don't think they actually have a problem and all of their "problems" are caused by systematic racist which only black people know to exist.

Stop and Frisk clearly violates the 4th Amendmant, what's stopping them from doing again? I can tell you right now, many people have no problem with rights being violated when it's black people. Other than WHO'S rights it will violate? And you made a hard deflection to murder. I'll repeat it, you made a hard deflection to murder. Why? And there is difference between committing crimes and being convicted. And I would make a guarantee, if you put white America under the same over policing/targeting grip that blacks are under, watch white crime rates including murder soar. Watch the white family structure crumble. Watch all kinds unpredictable problems pop up. As was alluded to in that video that I posted earlier, many of you would not ever switch places with the average black American. Some of you refuse to even imagine it.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Yes black people. Everything bad that happens to you is because you are black.

If you were white none of it would happen to you.
Quote:
A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

Old 02-06-2017, 01:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Stop and Frisk clearly violates the 4th Amendmant, what's stopping them from doing again? I can tell you right now, many people have no problem with rights being violated when it's black people. Other than WHO'S rights it will violate? And you made a hard deflection to murder. I'll repeat it, you made a hard deflection to murder. Why? And there is difference between committing crimes and being convicted. And I would make a guarantee, if you put white America under the same over policing/targeting grip that blacks are under, watch white crime rates including murder soar. Watch the white family structure crumble. Watch all kinds unpredictable problems pop up. As was alluded to in that video that I posted earlier, many of you would not ever switch places with the average black American. Some of you refuse to even imagine it.
You are responding to a deaf person. When one ignores the fact that races uses banned substances at similar rates yet blacks are arrested and convicted at much higher rates you cannot possibly think they will hear you.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
I personally believe minorities will continue to struggle in this country until whites themselves become the functional minority. The oppressors have to lose rank. That's the natural order of things.
Like the Jews, the Asians and East Indians struggle?

I personally know a Korean. I agree with his observation that whites making a priority out of football and not academics will probably lead to different outcomes. Yet many whites do leave a lot of resources to academic achievement, albeit less so than Asians . In black schools anyone interested in academics get the crap kicked out of them.

So no, there is no external force at work.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:58 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iposted View Post
You have not provided enough information to prove race was at play here. What is the previous record for both defendants? Did they file for PSI reports and if so what did it reveal? Where were they got selling crack? In there homes or on a hot drug block where there is a gang injunction in place? Do either of them have gang affiliation? Did they use private ATTNYS or public defenders.

Black female judges giving white and black men the same time proves there bias to me. Theres no way they should be averaging the same time. Black men have longer rap sheets, are more likely to be repeat offenders, are more likely to be gangmembers, and more likely to use a public defender.

On the bold, I did provide it. Read the whole link that was within my post. Both of the men whose pictures I posted had the same records and they went before the same judge.

The white guy sold drugs to an undercover cop and go probation. The black guy sold drugs on the street and got 13 months in prison....

And how does black female judges giving out the same penalties for offenders who commit the same types of crime show a bias...I guess in your bizarro world getting the same punishment for the same crime means that someone is biased...

On your "black men have longer rap sheets" that is only in your bizarro, biased mind lol. Read the actual link I posted and see that all of them had similar backgrounds, yet the black defendants got much harsher punishments than the white defendants except when they went before black judges and in those cases they got nearly the same treatment.

Last edited by residinghere2007; 02-06-2017 at 03:19 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What if I'm...

* Non-white, dark complected
* Male
* Usually bearded, most of the time a goatee
* Not as young as I used to be but not an old man
* Tall, was stocky when I was younger
* Been told I have a "gruff" exterior...a scowl

Which trait is responsible for a perceived bad experience with a stranger? Do I just pick one like this family does or how does it work?

I also still dress like I could be a drummer for a Seattle grunge band circa 1992 unless work dictates otherwise.

So maybe it's the clothes when someone doesn't hold a door for me?
On the bold, you would be seen as a handsome, in-style guy today. Most white and non-white guys who have beards and goatees today are considered "in-style" and downright handsome.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

I personally know a Korean. I agree with his observation that whites making a priority out of football and not academics will probably lead to different outcomes. Yet many whites do leave a lot of resources to academic achievement, albeit less so than Asians . In black schools anyone interested in academics get the crap kicked out of them.

bold=myth

Old 02-06-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

alcohol is legal, cocaine and crack are not. you're suggesting locking up people for not breaking the law?

your point is moot.
Heroin is also not legal....you didn't answer the question in regards to heroin which by your own info is more "harmful" than cocaine. And plenty of whites drink and drive and get way too many chances to better themselves - drinking and driving are against the law.

Today whites are the main users of heroin yet we do not see them rounded up like black people were in the 1980s and 1990s. We also did not see them rounded up 10 years ago for their meth use. Both heroin and meth are popular "white" drugs that cause a lot of "harm" yet whites are not the targets of the war on drugs....

Old 02-06-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

on the bold.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:21 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I love the United States and know that I have been given opportunities here that I would not have gotten anywhere else on Earth, but.... When we lived in California my husband and son's got pulled over all the time. Two of the times my husband, a military JAG officer, was pulled over because "he was driving suspiciously" he was handcuffed while they called in his license. Handcuffed. A middle aged, well dressed, cooperative, non-violent, polite man who had broken no laws. Not even a mike over the speed limit. I can't begin to tell you how many times he's been pulled over and grilled about the vehicle he was driving. It exists, you just don't think it does because you haven't been subjected to it.
I'm sorry your husband had to endure that and sorry that any group of people have to deal with that kind of behavior.

But is that "racism" or the actions of a "racist"? Do you believe that all white cops only want to spend their time pulling over black drivers and hassling them?

From the story from the OP, do you believe that all people not black look forward to taunting a group of children saying they are gang members or that someone at the airport that ran over the woman's foot is racist or maybe he is just an a-hole and would have not apologized to anyone that he ran over?

I do believe that racists are in issue in this country, but having grown up in the south in the 60's and 70's and having lived at the time when a black football player was cheered on Friday night and spit on walking down the street on Saturday morning. I don't see "racism" writ big in the 21st Century. I see ignorance and bigotry and actions by those people who are racists and bigots, but I do not see every white cop the same as the once who are racist, just like I don't see every black man the same as I see the black people who burned down Ferguson or pulled white people out of their car to beat the living daylights out of them.

To me, the racism that existed in the Jim Crow era, where all black people were seen the same, is not what goes on in this country today. YES, there are racists, but there are also people of all colors who have spent their lives learning and teaching their children that those prejudices and that ignorance and hatred is wrong.

I think that is why there is so much frustration today between the races, because white folks feel that they are given no credit for breaking down the barriers that have existed the last 50 years, and black feel that we have become blind to the racists that still infest our nation.

There will always be racists. There is racism in every nation and in every corner of this world. I think if both races really stopped and had the conversation, we would be able to congratulate ourselves on how far we have come and both of us would be able to agree that there is still plenty of work to do in educating the racists among us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies