Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 08:59 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The conversation about the drug sellers shows the discriminatory nature of our criminal justice system. When a white man and a black man have the same record, go before the same judge for the same crime, the white man got probation and the black man got prison.

This is relevant in the discussion of race in America.

All of what you mentioned in the above regarding importation of drugs, etc., is not relevant to the fact that black defendants are discriminated against in our criminal justice system and a review of cases and compiling of data showed that black judges are less biased in their punishments doled out in our criminal justice system based on race due in part that black judges are black and are not as apt to view other black people in terms of not being from a "good family" just because they are black.

It was an example of bias and how racial bias influences our legal systems (and IMO educational systems) and that these actually are issues that black people need to continue to work on to decrease the negative outcomes of that bias.

On personal interactions, like being followed in stores or someone "maybe" treating you poorly based on race, those IMO are not important because everyone is perceived to be something they aren't at one point in time in their lives. But bias in the criminal justice system and in schools cause a detriment to black individuals and families and need to continue to be acted upon by the black populace.

I don't care about being followed around in a store. I will yell BOOOO at the person following me and when they jump, I laugh and tell them to stop following me lol. It is pretty funny. I also sometimes leave or I tell them after they stop following me that I will never shop at their place again because they were following me and I don't like to be criminalized when I am spending my hard earned money.

Could you please provide some proof for your statement?

Old 02-07-2017, 09:02 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The long elocutions on racism aren't very meaningful when this is a experiment, with no equal in history nor the modern world, and there are no guarantees of any kind whatsoever.

These short paragraphs are an attempt to describe an impossibly complicated and interconnected mechanical system with a few words.

You can make excuses for the undeveloped world for the next several hundred years, but as it remains undeveloped those excuses will wear thin. In case you haven't been paying attention, they already are.

I could shoot back: imagine the development we could have if we weren't weighed down by the people who we have to constantly raise the development of; an effort that almost always fails for no discernible politically correct reason?
Just look at what is happening in Africa. They are killing endangered animals, knowing FULL WELL these animals are most likely going extinct for a few dollars for their tusks.

How do you deal with people this lacking in morals or a basic sense of right and wrong?

Old 02-07-2017, 09:08 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'll also note that black people highlighting racism and seeking a decrease and removal of it from our criminal justice system, is not us asking "white people" for help. It is about demanding our government to not discriminate against us. And I think in today's climate that too many white people still think it is about them when it is not. It is about the fact that we blacks are Americans and our governing documents protect our rights and we want them protected and upheld based on legal facts and not for us not to be treated worse by our legal systems due to race or class.
Your group crime rate is inarguably obscene.

This can be observed in the statistics, and when I venture .25 miles south of where I live.

I propose that if you work on getting that down, your perceived discrimination in the court systems will decrease.

Don't tell me that this crime rate is a result of discrimination. I've taught in your schools and have seen the foundational behavior that has no place in any community that wishes to claim that it is equal with other communities, and thus that its failures are due to discrimination.

Again, you are attempting to describe an impossibly interconnected mechanical system with generalizations such as "discrimination".

I want to hear an honest cop's take on policing black neighborhoods for once, rather than merely the voices of those who loudly demand change without demonstrating that the behavior of the community has changed.

If you want the police and the justice system to reduce crime in your neighborhoods, because you can't do it yourselves through group culture, then you are going to have to put up with numerical differences in the application of the justice system versus what occurs in neighborhoods of other races. You may be able to choose where the greater pressure is applied, but it has to be applied somewhere. Broken windows policing, more police presence, harsher sentences...somewhere. You can't have your relative prosperity utopia, without doing the work, or without a bigger stick to attempt to mold the community closer to 'acceptable' when you won't do the work.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Just look at what is happening in Africa. They are killing endangered animals, knowing FULL WELL these animals are most likely going extinct for a few dollars for their tusks.

How do you deal with people this lacking in morals or a basic sense of right and wrong?
Dude, what else would you suggest them to eat? Grass and dirt?

Old 02-07-2017, 09:31 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Yes, I agree about the law, thus so, if you read the previous post it addressed how the contortion of our law enforcement from the streets to the judicial system was filled with manner, mode and process based on the mentality ideals that pushed and promoted slavery, segregation and the dehumanizing of blacks.

My point in the post about "don't talk about drug selling"... is to say, blacks are the last on the totem pole of selling drugs, they are created, moved about and sold by many non blacks long before the drugs get to blacks hands. So, unless one is going to talk about the big picture of drug selling, I say, don't talk about drug selling as it relates only to black people, because it infers something negative which does not reflect the broader reality of truths of which the big picture contains.

Most black people sell drugs, because other options of income earning is insufficient in accessibility or income available from such minimum wage work, That is not justification, that is factual..

Mob crimes of many sorts have existed in American long before blacks were out of bondages, and much of that went way beyond doing it for survival, they had escalated to do it for "power"... blacks sell drugs, often trying to get out of despair and desperate situations or make a way to help their family out of it, or even to get seed money for a business ventures.
But when society talks about it, they only talk about the lowest costuming of it.

Drug selling is bad, because one should not need to feed others posion to rise up. But, we know society as during the Reagan Era sent drugs directly to the minority areas, it was not only a means to gain money for his war, but one of culling and containing the poor into a circle, that ensures their entrapment for yet a whole generation further or more. What he did not count on, was how it would impact much of middle class white society, in which he made sure drug treatment was available, "until" white middle class was cleaned up, and suddenly the drug rehab programs shut down, closed their doors and destroyed their records.

As I write, it is not possible to put everything in a post, therefore, some of the paraphrasing, or subject brief scans, is for the individual to further expound via investigation to grasp the inner working and expanse of details.

There are countless books, built and created from tid bits of thoughts, because there is a world of detail within the whole of it all. If one scan back over the 1000's of writing I have just on this forum, much can be referenced in commentary that hit various pointers of discus-sable elements. I've been writing about life and such broad variety of things for many years,likely for years that span beyond the age of some of the posters whom engage this site, and have likely a couple of 100,000's + writings and they are all attuned to the pursuit of better understanding, growth, learning and how to be and what it takes or us as a whole of human beings to move into a realm of God Honesty in our living and actives of doing so.
Interesting, to say the least.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:48 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

This is the silliest quote ever.

Maybe endangered animals wouldn't be killed if there wasn't a demand for them (eating, raw materials, clothing). Also, their habitats being destroyed for land clearance.

To you idiots drug dealers wouldn't be selling drugs if there wouldn't be a demand for it.

While your primary concern is black and Latino men selling drugs they obviously see an opportunity for MONEY to be made.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:21 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Civilized people raise animals for food. We don't eat cats and dogs. I have seen Koreans chasing Canadian geese on golf courses for food here in America. Don't bring your gutter culture to America.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:30 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Civilized people raise animals for food. We don't eat cats and dogs. I have seen Koreans chasing Canadian geese on golf courses for food here in America. Don't bring your gutter culture to America.
Oh you mean like deer, ducks, bear, fish, antelope, buffalo, and rabbits?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:48 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It has nothing to do with food, it has to do with ivory trade and stupid beliefs about the magic of rhinoceros horns in other countries, that is causing illegal export for big money.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
It has nothing to do with food, it has to do with ivory trade and stupid beliefs about the magic of rhinoceros horns in other countries, that is causing illegal export for big money.
Aren't just elephants and rhinos are becoming extinct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies