Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 06:10 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This makes me wonder though . Where should I be getting my brakes fixed ?
Find some college educated Millennial and ask them.

They think they know everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 07:39 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Libs want to feel better about all that money they wasted on their poetry-degree...so they look down their noses at the grubby working-class.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:32 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Libs want to feel better about all that money they wasted on their poetry-degree...so they look down their noses at the grubby working-class.
And a lot of that money to support colleges comes from tax payer money . Of course they don't appreciate it .

Old 02-09-2017, 10:56 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Why do adult Progressives look down on the "uneducated", which is to say they look down on most Americans as most do not have college degrees? I've thought about this quite a bit lately. Based on my extensive experience with well-educated, well-off Progressives, and generalizing, it is because this small group of elitist Democrats are much like Obama, Hillary, and Ivy professors. They live in segregated, white neighborhoods; educate their children in wealthy public school towns or private schools; have very little contact with minorities, refugees, or illegals (except their maids and landscapers); and are untouched by violent crime in their wealthy town. It is easy for Progressives to virtue signal with their rhetoric when real life issues most Americans face daily don't affect them.

The other factions of Progressives, the criminals rioting, are just Communists and anarchists or naïve, very privileged, college students which are different kettles of fish.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-09-2017 at 11:20 AM..

Old 02-09-2017, 11:00 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

Guess it's just another example of liberal hypocrisy
I thought all liberals were unemployed, cranking out kids every 9 months ( cept when they are not aborting them) and living high off the hog off welfare?

Old 02-09-2017, 11:02 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I thought all liberals were unemployed, cranking out kids every 9 months and living high off the hog off welfare?
That's what I've been told.

Republicans try to paint Democrats and liberals as out-of-touch elites, when in fact they come from all walks of life.

I know a lot of liberals and none look down their nose at those who don't have college degrees.

They do look down at people who spout ridiculous nonsense though.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:42 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I don't look down on uneducated people, but I have a major problem with people who have no critical thinking skills, people who don't question what "make America great again" even means, let alone how you'd measure such "greatness". I don't have a college degree, but I was taught to question everything and to never take things at face value. Why is a particular website spouting garbage? Who's behind it? Those questions (and answers) are very important. It's the difference between believing nonsense like "Obama is going to take all our guns!" vs. believing that Trump is out of his mind, which has been proven by his own words.
Same could be said about the slogan "yes we can" or "change". Yes we can what? Change to what? Or is it "yes we can change healthcare we just have to pass it to see what is in it"? A lot of people believed in the democratic party at face value without doing any critical thinking.

The reason Trump got elected is because the democratic party in charge by progressive leftists have become the party that represents the elite, the global elite and to a certain extent the poor. People in between those descriptions or interests namely everyday Americans that are not dirt poor or super rich are tired of being looked down upon, ignored and used as a whipping post. The fact that only the west and east coast heavily urban areas voted for Clinton shows the divide. Because who mainly lives in a urban city? the poor and the super rich surrounded by concrete with skyscrapers looking for college educated people. Easy to say that "no human is illegal" or "migration is a human right" when it doesn't effect your personal career or income. I don't think some Hollywood actor or hotshot lawyer is worried about a illegal stealing his job so its easy to support "immigration" then. I bet if George Clooney couldn't get a role in a movie because they hired a illegal instead he would suddenly be pissed...

Last edited by lionking; 02-09-2017 at 12:51 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 12:46 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Well, OP, all "liberals" took a vote and this is what we decided. After all, people are either liberal or conservative, and they all think the same way.

Perhaps you should think more about getting an education?

Old 02-09-2017, 12:47 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

They are fine with them for votes and for hiring as a maid or landscaper for 2 bucks an hour and they don't want them to live anywhere near them.

Let's be clear on that.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:47 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:

My biggest beef is willful ignorance and the notion that opinions based on ignorance are as useful as opinions based on information. It has nothing to do with degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies