Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 05:31 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

Guess it's just another example of liberal hypocrisy
Not all liberals do. My stepdad barely got his HS diploma. He doesn't read well at all, but I consider him a genius. Really. He built the house he and my Mom live in pretty much by himself. I've seen him do things that still leave me shocked dumb. He cuts down trees and makes his own lumber. The man can fix anything. He's a lot smarter than I'll ever be, and I was a computer science major.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 05:33 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. I'm an engineer. I haven't seen anyone design a circuit, bridge, building, etc. with a degree in sociology.
I'm a designer in the automotive industry, have been for 30 years, no degree.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:38 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

Guess it's just another example of liberal hypocrisy
All those liberals who spend so much of their time volunteering to teach poor readers and people who are bad at math - for little or no compensation; many after doing their teaching jobs all day. Just so they can get a good belly laugh. Man, that's evil.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:39 PM

1,261 posts, read 951,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh, but not one in nonsense degrees that I listed. In fact, in every example that I gave, you respond that they then had to learn something quite different.

i.e. Their pointless degree was well..... pointless.
That is only true is you see the point of your college education as job training. If you are instead looking to college to teach you how to reason, understand logic, hone your problem solving skills, and learn to effectively communicate your ideas, then a liberal arts degree will get you to your goal just as well. Job training can come later if you've learned how think logically.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:45 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
...colleges are indoctrinating students with these days...

those of us who were lucky enough to matriculate prior to the age of indoctrination,
Wow - some people really believe the propaganda about "indoctrination". Amazing.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:48 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,867 times
Most college educated people I know aren't like this. The smarter ones aren't. Those that are would rather discredit people without a degree rather than risk having someone without a degree make them look stupid. It's the far left wanting to silence people that aren't like them.

Haven't we talked about this enough on city data? Maybe not. Here is another one of these threads.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:48 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,799 times
As a young Liberal reads more prescribed and Leftist approved material, the need for a form of pseudo intellectual arrogance takes hold. Assume a tone of superiority upon those around you. Not really. Leave out Blacks and minorities as it does not fit the narrative. Best bet take it out on unsuspecting non college educated Whites, as they will never strike back with charges of racism like other groups would.

Poor uneducated Whites were ridiculed and mocked by Hollywood, the Media and Academia for so long. From what I have seen, these same Whites have had enough of this blatant disrespect.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:55 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
If there is some looking-down going on, it has more to do with rational thinking than education. But education tends to develop rational-analytical skills so there is some correlation between the two. Supporting Trump for instance, is not rational, it is emotional. He has used demagoguery to appeal to people who tend to make decisions based on an emotional appeal rather than asking if what he says actually makes sense.

Take his campaign promise of building a wall and making Mexico pay for it. Anyone who thought about that would realize it makes no sense and would boo him off the stage, but people ate it up. Well as it turns out it didn't make any sense and now he is backing off of it. So people on the left are amazed that anyone can be so gullible to believe that stuff.

That is what is going on.
*clap*clap*clap*clap*

I don't look down on people who don't understand the above, I just look past them.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:58 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
"Why do liberals look down on "uneducated" Americans with no college degree"

Liberals are proof that any moron can get a Liberal Arts degree.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:03 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Trump supporters don't hate education and don't want an uneducated person on the Supreme Court. There's you misunderstanding.
Your misunderstanding is that one of the highly qualified judges on Trump's list would have been a nodd to the typical Trump voter but he choose not to nominate him. He doesn't know how to show gratitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies