Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 06:04 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times

Advertisements

That's the media line - that Trump was elected by uneducated rural people. That's what the media wanted the sheeple to believe, and the liberals fell for it.

I don't know what the political leanings are of everyone who voted for Trump, but of the people that I personally know, it was rural poor people and inner city poor people who voted for Hillary and college-educated, middle to upper middle class suburban people who voted for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 06:06 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
They have been taught to hate white males unless they toe the liberal mantras. It'a about destroying the American Dream and the American ideal so the globalists can control the world.
Excuse me but higher education was designed for white men and his male offspring. What are you talking about? Need to take a class that addresses the birth of Higher Education here in the United States, and there is a difference for Community College Higher Education which was birthed from the GI bill. WOW!! This is exactly why people need education, so they will not make ignorant posts such as this.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:06 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

Guess it's just another example of liberal hypocrisy
I believe the word you're looking for is 'diploma.'

As for why, I'd argue you can make this same question in reverse: conservatives seem to look down on academia. Why is that?

Old 02-06-2017, 06:07 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
There is this nagging fact
The U.S. Illiteracy Rate Hasn't Changed In 10 Years | The Huffington Post

32 million adults in the U.S. can’t read. That’s 14 percent of the population. 21 percent of adults in the U.S. read below a 5th grade level,

Old 02-06-2017, 06:08 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Not all liberals do. My stepdad barely got his HS diploma. He doesn't read well at all, but I consider him a genius. Really. He built the house he and my Mom live in pretty much by himself. I've seen him do things that still leave me shocked dumb. He cuts down trees and makes his own lumber. The man can fix anything. He's a lot smarter than I'll ever be, and I was a computer science major.
I know what you mean. My dad got his high school diploma, went to Vietnam and served in the US Navy during the war, came home and worked at the local feed mill and then drove a cement mixer until he retired. But he knows how to build things and fix things. He has common sense, ingenuity, and intellectual curiosity. If ever there is an apocalypse, I'm hanging with my dad! He knows how to get sh** done!
My mom and I attended college together. She got her degree and worked as head librarian in a small library until she retired. I dropped out of college because all I did was go to parties. But I have a successful art business and enjoy what I do. There are lots of different ways of "being smart!"

Old 02-06-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm a liberal, and I don't look down on those with less formal education.

Honestly, I'd have considered going into trades myself, but I'm left-handed and terribly uncoordinated. I'd probably accidentally chop off a finger within a week into a blue collar job lol.

If anything, I admire those who are good with their hands.
I have a Doctorate degree in education, but I also have a Managing Nail Technician license, which I have had for 25 years. It served its purpose when I wanted to be an Entrepreneur. I have made use of all my skills in different stages of my LIFE and I am a Black Woman!

Old 02-06-2017, 06:17 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Illegal immigrants don't complain and work hard. Uneducated conservatives will buy guns and threaten you.
Uh... No.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Because they are snobby, elitists who think they are "smarter" then anybody else because they have a sheet of paper sign by some college employee who probably never had a real job.
I can't speak for others, but I assist those who are trying to get a better plight in life be it by way of a better job, certificate, or degree. See when you have come from all three venues you have a better appreciation of those who have similar experiences. What I do not like is people getting mad at others because they did the hard work to gain what they have accomplished in life be it a promotion, degree, or certificate. STOP HATING and do what you got to do to gain the quality of life that you
want and stop getting upset at others if you fail to do the hard work that is expected from most folks.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:24 PM

8,494 posts, read 6,900,248 times
The OP is just trolling. You create a thread that people look down on uneducated Americans and then without any proof create the fiction that those people must be college educated liberals. This is the kind of alternate fact environment and failed logic that is becoming the new norm in political discussions.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

Guess it's just another example of liberal hypocrisy
So where is this evidence that liberals hate people that didn't attend college?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies