Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:42 PM

547 posts, read 507,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Supporting Trump is a sure sign you didn't go to college.
Funny stuff right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 07:45 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh dear - seems the right is a little confused --- left is uneducated social welfare dependents or are they college educated elites.
No confusion, they are both.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:51 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I have been working since I was 12 years old in some kind of capacity and of course started paying taxes at a payroll job since I was 16. I have been in and out of different work venues, but got my degrees at different stages in life which coordinated with my current jobs in life. I also had my side entrepreneur gigs while working in corporate and non-profit entities. I for one will always have some skill to fall back on if I am laid off or find myself in a downsizing situation. I addressed the dreams of folks in my thesis for my Master and PhD degree. My Professors loved my writings!
Well, you seem to be living proof that America is the land of opportunity, and that few obstacles to achievement remain in higher education.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

Guess it's just another example of liberal hypocrisy
Actually... the education industry has worked hard to shame kids into getting a degree. It's how they have become the most powerful entity in the country. It's the same as the law makers overreaching and making laws "for our protection" when it's really to perpetuate the legal industry and put more money in their pockets.

It's all about money.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:09 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

Guess it's just another example of liberal hypocrisy
Because uneducated rednecks follow conspiracy theories, Fox lies, and elect right wing Fascists to be President and thus are a serious threat to humanity.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:36 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,789,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I have two degrees, hate everyone, and consider myself to be an idiot.

Science is still working on the relationship between these three things though.

Okay, this made me laugh, for real.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:46 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because uneducated rednecks follow conspiracy theories, Fox lies, and elect right wing Fascists to be President and thus are a serious threat to humanity.

Trump is in love with Putin, the world will end in a fascist uprising of his followers. Obama had acres of FEMA caskets and those were conspiracy theories, but Trump and the daily BS from the left is driving them to riot, buy guns and bug-out bags, stockpile food and ammo, because the end of the world is coming.

Yep... one idiot to another... that makes perfect sense... right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess
I have two degrees, hate everyone, and consider myself to be an idiot.

Science is still working on the relationship between these three things though.
Bravo!!!

We are all idiots, it's just that some of us believe ourselves to be an idiot above the rest, which makes them morons. Morons among idiots, basically.

HILARIOUS!

Last edited by steven_h; 02-07-2017 at 02:00 AM..

Old 02-07-2017, 01:50 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Supporting Trump is a sure sign you didn't go to college.
^^^^Ridiculous post---and you felt you had to post it twice.

You mean the 47% who don't pay taxes and all voted for Hillary went to college?

Old 02-07-2017, 02:10 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Your information is out of date. That has not been true since the early 2000's. The demographics of both parties have changed dramatically. Party affiliation among U.S. voters: 1992-2016 | Pew Research Center

Correct!

Now they are educated government dependents.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:30 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/e...hips.html?_r=1

When the German engineering company Siemens Energy opened a gas turbine production plant in Charlotte, N.C., some 10,000 people showed up at a job fair for 800 positions. But fewer than 15 percent of the applicants were able to pass a reading, writing and math screening test geared toward a ninth-grade education.

“The toolbox is now a computer,” said Andy Winnett,

Its a false narrative that the country club capitalist cares more for uneducated people than teachers, social workers and the government workers who are on the front lines of an uneducated citizenry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies