Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 10:49 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Anything to blame Trump - sorry but with the economic situation in America as well as the uncertainty in other countries - people are postponing things like big purchases and trips.
I am sorry but your information appears to be wrong. The data shows searches GLOBALLY are about normal, where as searches for travel TO the USA are down down down. furthermore our economy does not reduce international tourism unless we are doing extremely well and driving up prices. This is a sector I understand, you not understanding how our economy impacts this trade suggests you might not be very familiar with it...

The EU economy is picking up, but should be about offset by the strong dollar, a drop of a couple of % would be fine, but FL is looking at a 20% decline in people even bothering to look!

Old 02-09-2017, 10:51 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,489,000 times
Probably due to the fear of being caught up in one of the Left's riots!

Old 02-09-2017, 11:16 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Probably due to the fear of being caught up in one of the Left's riots!
Really? Or could it be that you know this is real, you know it is due to Trump's aggressive policies and extremist words..

Trump is literally scaring off tourists who don't want to be "vetted" just to go to Disney. Tourist want a pleasant trip, they have no interest in going to a country that declares itself as "first", bans Muslims from 7 nations, Calls Mexicans rapists etc.

You do understand they have 24 hour news, and are watching the freak show that our nation has become. This is exactly why Trump was supposed to embrace the left, throw them some bones and dial back the rhetoric ...

Old 02-09-2017, 11:27 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
yes , but the data for jan feb wont be in for a while , the industry uses searches to get a very close picture on what is happening, it is a very strong metric...
keep in mind the "booking" peak is actually right about now plus or minus a couple of weeks . Overall if you don't get the numbers in the door in late jan early feb you are in trouble.

The strong dollar is a factor but not one that has put off the Russians, they are WAY UP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Seems pretty clear that they are.

And who can blame them?! I mean just the thought of having to run the gauntlet of screaming, crying, hysterical, liberals at the airport gives me the willies.

So in other words, there is no data on actually bookings.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Really? Or could it be that you know this is real, you know it is due to Trump's aggressive policies and extremist words..

Trump is literally scaring off tourists who don't want to be "vetted" just to go to Disney. Tourist want a pleasant trip, they have no interest in going to a country that declares itself as "first", bans Muslims from 7 nations, Calls Mexicans rapists etc.

You do understand they have 24 hour news, and are watching the freak show that our nation has become. This is exactly why Trump was supposed to embrace the left, throw them some bones and dial back the rhetoric ...
"IF" it's real, I don't care, the Security of our nation trumps tourism.

And yes, they have 24 hour news and see the Leftist whack-jobs starting riots all over the country for no reason so yeah, if I were watching that, I'd second guess a trip to the US too. So why not get your people under control and then show us the tourism numbers?

Old 02-09-2017, 11:41 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
To use trump as the common denominator for every conceivable issue is nonsense.

Tourism is down in europe. Probably because of terrorism and financial unrest.

"The chief executive of European Tour Operators Association, Tom Jenkins, is alarmed by a reduction in the number of visitors from Europe’s largest markets—Japan and USA, and feels that this should ring the alarm bells in tourist friendly places across Europe."

Old 02-09-2017, 11:46 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,713,604 times
I have a coworker in Germany who is flying to Bahama in a month. He said, they purposely are not flying thru USA because of immigration hassle.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
To use trump as the common denominator for every conceivable issue is nonsense.

Tourism is down in europe. Probably because of terrorism and financial unrest.

"The chief executive of European Tour Operators Association, Tom Jenkins, is alarmed by a reduction in the number of visitors from Europe’s largest markets—Japan and USA, and feels that this should ring the alarm bells in tourist friendly places across Europe."
True, now that I can finally afford to vacation in Europe if I wanted, there's not a chance in hell I'm going over there with all those refugees/terrorists running around.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:55 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
can we stop snowbirds from coming to florida?

Old 02-09-2017, 11:55 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I hadn't even thought about this effect, this is bad news for the travel industry which is huge in the USA. As far as turning it around? No way. You are just seeing the beginning of the isolation of the US which will affect us negatively in many different ways. My advice is if you have any investments in travel or tourism related stocks, this would be a good to to get out.
Good. Hopefully people continue to refuse to come here. There is nothing appealing about visiting a fascist controlled country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies