Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 07:51 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Grotesque of course, but we still learn something. For example, now I know that lobotomy is part of sexual reassignment surgery in some cases. Damn...
Possibly in the 40s and 50s when lobotomies were routine and popular.

Other than that, I would guess you'd probably had one yourself if you just believe illogical things like this.
In the decades since then, psychotropic drugs have replaced barbaric surgeries where ice pic-like instruments were shoved through the eye sockets of both the depressed and the schizophrenic as a cure-all. (orbital lobotomy). Some psychiatrists performed the lobotomies right in their office, they weren't even surgeons. One could do things like that back in the olden days. I'm sure you wish this was the 50s, where the 'good men' like you could decide what was best for everyone, but no, the 50s are long gone, now you just look foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 07:56 AM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I disagree with Trump on most things. However, I am not into the whole transgender thing. Gender is biological. Science backs it up. A man is a man and a woman is a woman. Doesn't matter what you identify with. If you were born a man, you're a man, period.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
It doesn't look like harming 320 million people, to make 30,000 freaks feel good about themselves, is the brightest idea.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:05 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It doesn't look like harming 320 million people, to make 30,000 freaks feel good about themselves, is the brightest idea.
Are you talking about the Holocaust?

Old 03-03-2017, 09:41 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Possibly in the 40s and 50s when lobotomies were routine and popular.

Other than that, I would guess you'd probably had one yourself if you just believe illogical things like this.
In the decades since then, psychotropic drugs have replaced barbaric surgeries where ice pic-like instruments were shoved through the eye sockets of both the depressed and the schizophrenic as a cure-all. (orbital lobotomy). Some psychiatrists performed the lobotomies right in their office, they weren't even surgeons. One could do things like that back in the olden days. I'm sure you wish this was the 50s, where the 'good men' like you could decide what was best for everyone, but no, the 50s are long gone, now you just look foolish.
The 50s are gone, but insanity remains insanity. Denying reality in service to irrational feelings remains what it was, is, and always will be. Except for the occasional extreme birth defect, you are born with a gender, you are that gender, period. It cannot change because of your irrationality or feelings. You can dress up, self-mutilate, and pass laws. None of that changes reality, not even a little bit. A male will never be a female, no matter what. The essence of femininity cannot be faked or surgically attached. The ability to bring life into the world cannot be acquired or added. Not with laws, not with pseudoscience, not with politics, not with psychiatry, not with wishing, not with faking, not with praying, and definitely not with left wing activism. The Law of Identity applies, and a thing is what it is, and a human is born with a gender that is permanent, immutable and irreversible. Regardless of surgeries and mutilations and drug abuse and trips to Victoria's Secret, if you are born male, with a penis and testicles, you ARE male, you will BE male, you will DIE male.

So it is preposterous for society to be forced to cater to delusion and start rebuilding bathrooms in service to this creepy nonsense.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:59 PM

34,057 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
So it is preposterous for society to be forced to cater to delusion and start rebuilding bathrooms in service to this creepy nonsense.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:49 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Trump only said its a state issue not a federal one.....I agree.....I personal think if you were born with a penis you use the Men's Restroom or showers........if you were born with a vagina you use the women's restroom or showers.

if I mentally feel like a woman can I go take showers with the girls soccer team at the university or go undress and walk around naked in the women's dressing room at my gym?

I wonder if this gets to the S.C. how will the judges rule on this because this is getting beyond weird.
But if you look like a woman and went into the men's bathroom how do you think the men would react. And if you were a women but looked like a man....how do you think girls would react. And how do you think that person would feel.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:10 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But if you look like a woman and went into the men's bathroom how do you think the men would react. And if you were a women but looked like a man....how do you think girls would react. And how do you think that person would feel.
It's basically a way to make them not want to transition in the first place. Conservatives always have these indirect devious ways of achieving their goals.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:50 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
No, lol.

Seriously? its just bathrooms... and its all over like not even 1 percent of the population.

This is not a big deal to most people.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Are you talking about the Holocaust?

You know exactly what I'm talking about.
Why play stupid, just to argue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies