Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 06:28 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Does it matter as far as the loss of women's rights go? Women lose in so many ways. Taking hormones, removing his genitals, and having breasts isn't going to make a guy a woman. Wearing skirts, wearing lipstick, and batting eyelashes isn't going to make him a woman. And making the statement that he thinks he's a woman, when he could have absolutely no idea what it is to be a woman in the first place, isn't going to make him a woman. All that does is provide an indication of mental illness, which is not necessarily a problem as far as I'm concerned, but the fact that these men are treading on women is the biggest punch in the face.

I'm not a conservative, but a 20+ year vegetarian, agnostic/atheist, feminist, Trump/Republican policy loathing scientist with a gay brother who will be the legal guardian (with his awesome partner) to my children if something happens to me/DH, and I am completely dismayed with all this Trans business.

Men want to decide what women can do with our bodies. Men want to decide on our rights for privacy, for leadership, who creates life (absurd). Now men want to decide what it is to be a woman. The gall. It's unbelievably frustrating.
Absolutely no frustration/hatred for the Female to Male Transgender/transsexuals? Figures. It seems all the haters only care about the Male to Female trans, just like gay men receive much more hate than lesbians.... 😒
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 06:29 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Who cares and is there that many Transgender.

it is an none issue the Left likes to play up.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:34 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No. But I think they should get a life and stop caring who uses the bathroom because 90% of those using women's rooms aren't going to use it to rape them.
What does that have to do with girls and women not wanting to see, nor be viewed when naked by, naked anatomical males in the women's locker/shower room?

Absolutely nothing. Why don't girls and women have the right to not be sexually intimidated/harassed anymore?

Answer the question...

A female employee in the women's locker/shower room is unwillingly exposed to the male genitalia of a self-declared trans in the women's locker/shower room. She files a workplace sexual intimidation/harassment charge. The anatomically male trans claims not being able to shower in the women's facilities is discrimination.

Whose rights prevail?

Old 02-28-2017, 06:50 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Absolutely no frustration/hatred for the Female to Male Transgender/transsexuals? Figures. It seems all the haters only care about the Male to Female trans, just like gay men receive much more hate than lesbians.... 😒
Given that men have dictated and ruled women through out all of human history I cannot say that these FTM females are on my radar. I will also say it's not about hate. It's about guys ...guys...back off. As usual.

And keep in mind that most of this hate you're speaking of for gay men, for MTF trans, for straight men are coming from other men. This is a male problem from where I sit. And while I do have compassion for people suffering, women have, and have always had, more than enough problems from men that we need to deal with. That men are now demanding that they hide behind women from men, and appropriate and essentially erase female identity, is too much. IMO.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No. But I think they should get a life and stop caring who uses the bathroom because 90% of those using women's rooms aren't going to use it to rape them. Most identify as a woman pre-op or post-op. Get over it.
Stop caring who uses what bathroom? How about this...we have women's bathrooms and unisex bathrooms. No more mens bathrooms. Problem solved. You're over it? good.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:48 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
If Trump saying that he grabs a woman's privates in public doesn't hurt him why would this?
Seems that the rules are different for him.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:19 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
"Whose rights prevail?"

Women's rights prevail. Born women's rights to be exact. There should be no argument IMO. Everyone else who wants to be a woman can make their own accommodations because sometimes we can't all be right, despite what we think.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:23 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Whether or not this is a state, not federal, issue is a genuine question. Congress and the president cannot just force anything they want through the federal government without giving deference to the states and their rights. The federal courts will decide whether this is a state or federal issue.

Anyone who is a smart, rational thinker will realize this and know it's not about sticking it to trans people. Even if the president is transphobic, IF, there is STILL a genuine question as to whether this should be left to the states to decide.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:22 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Very fun how miserable left wing feminazis line up with the Conservative Christian right on this issue! Politics does indeed make for strange bedfellows.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Very fun how miserable left wing feminazis line up with the Conservative Christian right on this issue! Politics does indeed make for strange bedfellows.
Yeah, women having rights is about nazism of course... if you're a mysogynist. One thing I have learned is that party doesn't matter. Both sides are as bad as the other in too many ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies