Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 08:49 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The Obama edict to all K-12 and collegiate schools explicitly excluded that as a requirement. Now what? The NYC policy also excludes requesting any such proof. Now what? And how about California? What proof do they require of those claiming to be transgender?
And that was reversed with Trump's so it is a moot point. The states decide that meaning some states will use doctor's notes, some won't, some will outlaw it entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 08:56 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And that was reversed with Trump's so it is a moot point. The states decide that meaning some states will use doctor's notes, some won't, some will outlaw it entirely.
As it should be.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:01 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,612 times
Quote:
How do you know he isn't going through the set-up hormone replacement. Your claim makes it sound like the transvestite/cross-dresser strawman that conservatives used to push for the law.
Quote:
The Obama edict to all K-12 and collegiate schools explicitly excluded that as a requirement. Now what? The NYC policy also excludes requesting any such proof. Now what? And how about California? What proof do they require of those claiming to be transgender?
Does it matter as far as the loss of women's rights go? Women lose in so many ways. Taking hormones, removing his genitals, and having breasts isn't going to make a guy a woman. Wearing skirts, wearing lipstick, and batting eyelashes isn't going to make him a woman. And making the statement that he thinks he's a woman, when he could have absolutely no idea what it is to be a woman in the first place, isn't going to make him a woman. All that does is provide an indication of mental illness, which is not necessarily a problem as far as I'm concerned, but the fact that these men are treading on women is the biggest punch in the face.

I'm not a conservative, but a 20+ year vegetarian, agnostic/atheist, feminist, Trump/Republican policy loathing scientist with a gay brother who will be the legal guardian (with his awesome partner) to my children if something happens to me/DH, and I am completely dismayed with all this Trans business.

Men want to decide what women can do with our bodies. Men want to decide on our rights for privacy, for leadership, who creates life (absurd). Now men want to decide what it is to be a woman. The gall. It's unbelievably frustrating.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
So in the states that require no proof, girls and women have lost any right to fight back against sexual intimidation/harassment. Whatever a self-described transgender says they are goes, regardless of their actual anatomical sex.

Let's make a list of states that have removed girls' and women's right to fight back against sexual intimidation/harassment:

California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Hawaii
Iowa
Illinois
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Minnesota
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York (Executive Order only, not actual law)
Oregon
Rhode Island
Utah
Vermont
Washington

Or can anyone prove any of the above states require actual proof of transgender status before allowing anatomical males into women's locker/shower rooms?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Does it matter as far as the loss of women's rights go? Women lose in so many ways. Taking hormones, removing his genitals, and having breasts isn't going to make a guy a woman. Wearing skirts, wearing lipstick, and batting eyelashes isn't going to make him a woman. And making the statement that he thinks he's a woman, when he could have absolutely no idea what it is to be a woman in the first place, isn't going to make him a woman. All that does is provide an indication of mental illness, which is not necessarily a problem as far as I'm concerned, but the fact that these men are treading on women is the biggest punch in the face.

I'm not a conservative, but a 20+ year vegetarian, agnostic/atheist, feminist, Trump/Republican policy loathing scientist with a gay brother who will be the legal guardian (with his awesome partner) to my children if something happens to me/DH, and I am completely dismayed with all this Trans business.

Men want to decide what women can do with our bodies. Men want to decide on our rights for privacy, for leadership, who creates life (absurd). Now men want to decide what it is to be a woman. The gall. It's unbelievably frustrating.
Agree with all of it. 100%. Especially what I've emphasized with bolded text.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:34 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,612 times
Quote:
Agree with all of it. 100%. Especially what I've emphasized with bolded text.
The whole thing is just depressing. I'm so fed up with the left and the right.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Who cares about transsexuals? It's a mental issue with an ICD-10 medical code, they need to be helped not used in liberals SJW agenda.
well, wouldn't the likewise go with conservative punching bags though...

Old 02-28-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
well, wouldn't the likewise go with conservative punching bags though...
Is there an ICD-10 Medical Diagnosis code for that, as there is for Gender Dysphoria?

2017 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes F64.* : Gender identity disorders

Old 02-28-2017, 03:00 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Not anymore than he has already hurt himself because his supporters tend to think in black and white at least to a significant degree (they may not see EVERYTHING in black and white but they're a more literal bunch)
Of course a lot of neurotypicals do this in general but the ones who support Trump are the most guilty from what I've observed. Not that I'm saying this is true of you as well OP but based on your comments it might be
For the majority of the Trump supporters (again not necessarily you) they have the philosophy of if it walks like a duck talks like a duck it is a duck with everything..not just gender. Now I'm not saying that not everyone is guilty of this to so some degree but with you guys it's a very abnormal amount. Yes sometimes if it walks like a duck talks like a duck it is a duck (see Trump) but we need to think about it first. The thing that boggles me is while biological sex is technically unchanged gender has always been a societal concept. Generally women and men are different this is true but on occasion they are the same so why does it matter if someone changes their parts when gender doesn't always mean anything anyway? I may be a cisgendered woman but when I took a quiz it said I was 60 percent girl. I don't wear dresses I like to burp I don't own a bunch of shoes..in fact sometimes when I'm talking on the phone people think I'm a little boy (I had a tech support guy continuously call me "sir") but you would still respect that I am a woman if you knew.
Biology doesn't always say things about a person. Yes I believe in science to a point as we should when it comes to things like climate change but sometimes it's not 100 percent and I would know because my age hasn't correlated with the rest of me for a long time. There is nothing about me that says I was born when I was born except for maybe some health issues (but that's only due to stress in my life and those make me feel older if anything and not my age).
Also sometimes we don't make choices that are true to our biology. Some women don't wish to ever have kids. Would you say that's wrong too? After all women are biologically designed to have children. Why should they be allowed to get their tubes tied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Great point. I believe the haters of Muslims and TG people, and they are nothing but haters, don't know a single person who is Muslim of transgender. They, like all xenophobic and bigoted people, just make up all sorts of assumptions in their head that have nothing to do with reality. It's not really a phobia either, just like homophobia isn't a phobia. It's just hate and being a jerk in general. And if you don't personally know any of these people I don't think you have a right to judge them as a group at all.

I agree with you though in my case I wasn't trying to be judgemental during my seemingly homophobic past. I didn't know of any gay people when I was in high school and so when this gay guy came into the school store I was creeped out by him. I seriously think I was afraid of him though I'm not sure why since I'm a lady (looking back I think I know why now..I might have been feeling his disgust for himself or his fear of straight people). I'm in the minority though. There's a lot of stuff I should have understood and didn't but I just wanted to say this because homophobia might actually be a real thing for a few select people.
I digress though hatred is not warranted because even when I was creeped out by him I didn't hate him.

It also wasn't until this documentary that I began to understand being transgendered. It is a difficult thing to digest to be fair if you are not one of them but I also think that some people don't even try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
There are people who have a perfectly good limb but they ask doctors to voluntarily amputate it anyway, because they just felt that having that leg was wrong. They too are happy today.

Body Integrity and Identity Disorder (BIID)

If people told you that they wanted to have a perfectly good leg amputated, or that they have three arms, when they clearly do not, you would probably think that they are mentally disturbed. Psychiatrists, too, long considered such conditions to be psychological in origin. Voluntary amputation, for example, was regarded as a fetish, perhaps arising because an amputee's stump resembles a phallus, whereas imaginary extra limbs were likely to be dismissed as the products of delusions or hallucinations.

That is completely different. Cutting off a leg=/ cutting off the D or V. You're just replacing one genital part with another. You need two legs to function but you don't need a specific genital part.
If anything it's a more necessary version of plastic surgery. You most likely wouldn't think women who change out their boobs had a mental disorder would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Here we go, the "play the cards you're dealt routine"
Actually no I'm not sure what their agenda is but it's not "play the cards you're dealt". Don't let their words fool you. It's probably "be a normal person" because I believe this is the same person that thinks it's wrong to not want to cure autism. I usually don't call people out like that because it's petty but when they're this hypocritical it's too insane to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I empathize with the plight of transgenders
For me I empathize with transgenders I think because I too would like to defy biology. Sometimes seeing things as just biology hurts us. Biology is the reason I have hated myself for a long time. According to biology I am my father's daughter so basically I am a loser just like he is but I don't wish to subscribe to that so I'm trying to make steps to be as far removed from him as possible. I've already stopped talking to him years ago and I never once called him on Father's Day (but biology dictates I should) I'm pretty sure most people on here would say that he may be your DNA but that doesn't mean you have to define yourself as his daughter. It shouldn't be any different with transgendered people.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Is there an ICD-10 Medical Diagnosis code for that, as there is for Gender Dysphoria?

2017 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes F64.* : Gender identity disorders
No. But I think they should get a life and stop caring who uses the bathroom because 90% of those using women's rooms aren't going to use it to rape them. Most identify as a woman pre-op or post-op. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies