Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Legalize nationally 132 57.89%
Ban nationally 20 8.77%
Let states decide; federal government shouldn't interfere 76 33.33%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:30 PM

800 posts, read 508,818 times

Advertisements

I haven't smoked it in a long long time but I'd be very dissappointed in a federal crackdown. I'd still be a Trump supporter overall but much more lukewarm about it. At the very least it would be a bad bad move for re-election. This is an issue that younger conservatives(and many older ones even)AND liberals can often agree on. There isn't much for the different sides to agree on anymore and we ought to take seriously a few topics like this that can unite us a little bit. Our law enforcement will be busy enough deporting people, which is a far more worthy use of resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 09:31 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
It's just cruel to take drugs away!

People will do it whether it's legal or not.

well the first step should be to stop the liberal law that outlawed hemp back in 1937

and btw... hemp (aka marijuana) has 1001 uses NOT COUNTING getting high... people need to stop looking at it as a drug, and look at it for what it is... a plant that has many uses

Old 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Maybe you just have an addicted personality or something. I know quitting cigarettes was the hardest thing I've even done. But I also know people who decided to quit cigarettes and it was no big deal to them. Almost every I know smokes pot on a daily basis....and I'm not talking about people in dead end jobs. These are professionals, some who make a quarter a million and more each year. They do it for relaxation just as someone else may have a drink. And I also know when some were looking for a job they refrained from smoking so they could pass a drug test if needed. It wasn't a problem for them. So you may think it's addicting from your experience but I've never know anyone who had a problem giving it up.

Almost 1 in 3 people that smoke weed become dependent. Like I've said, I could care less as long as it doesn't affect other people. My only point is that anyone that says weed isn't addictive is full of ****.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...uana-addictive

Old 02-23-2017, 10:08 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Almost 1 in 3 people that smoke weed become dependent. Like I've said, I could care less as long as it doesn't affect other people. My only point is that anyone that says weed isn't addictive is full of ****.

I think some addictions are all about the mind. You have no withdrawal symptoms from quitting pot. It may be in your mind that you need it but your body doesn't. So you just have to change your mindset.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
This post is comedy gold. Seriously, what planet do you live on?

I'm 100% pro recreational marijuana. Hell, I'm 100% pro decriminalization of all drugs including heroin.
I'm just pointing out that weed is addictive because myself and a ****load of people I know have been addicted to it. To say that weed isn't addictive or habit forming is to deny reality. Stupid stoners justify their dependency by comparing weed to hard drugs or saying it's not as bad as alcohol. I agree, but you're still a drug addict

If you gotta be addicted to something, better it be marijuana than tobacco. Marijuana is less harmful on your health.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
It's not worth it for the increased temptation, through social normalization, and thus risk to children and young adults under the age of twenty five; before the brain stops forming. Consistent marijuana use, before that point, permanently stunts white matter growth in the orbitofrontal cortex. This likely to be wider spread permanent effect on the brains of the populace isn't worth the tax revenue.
So to you, the underground market for marijuana is less harmful to the public than legalization. If so, the street drug peddlers love you.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:54 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Jail is a lot more hazardous to ones health than pot... not to mention to the taxpayers that have to pay for it and the lives it ends up destroying for no reason. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. If the founding fathers can grow herb so can any adult.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:01 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,958,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Reference to the law on transgender bathrooms?
You are splitting hairs on this. I think that most people can see that there is an inherent contradiction in the Trump adminstration using a pro-states rights argument on the transgender bathroom issue and then a day later proclaiming the supremacy of the federal government on the marijuana issue. In any case, with his ACA executive order Trump has already given us an example of not enforcing federal laws when it suits his purpose (the IRS has announced that it will no longer penalize people who do not have health insurance despite the legal requirements of the ACA).

Last edited by xeric; 02-23-2017 at 11:11 PM..

Old 02-24-2017, 12:02 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Default Cannabis: Legalize nationally, ban nationally, or let states decide?

Particularly when it comes to personal recreational marijuana use.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:07 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Legalize marijuana and heroin. Tax on excess fees to both to pay for universal mental health and substance abuse care. Retroactively adjust sentences of those incarcerated for selling or using marijuana and heroin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies