Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 10:26 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,325,731 times

Advertisements

You would think Ryan is President, not Donald Trump.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:28 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Maybe better for Doctors, but not so great for medicare recipients who would get stuck with balance billing

"To an unusual degree, even for a doctor-politician, Dr Price puts doctors' interests high on his political agenda....The bill would also remove restrictions that have prevented physicians from raising their charges. First, the act would allow physicians to "balance-bill" Medicare beneficiaries—to charge them more than Medicare's allowable charge—which is currently illegal."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/872682

I couldn't read the article because it requested login.

Are you saying the Ryan repeal/replace bill is allowing Balance Billing for Medicare? Or is this something that Price favors, but it's not in the bill? Balance Billing for Medicare or even for PPOs is horrible. Just horrible.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:31 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,465,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We lost my mom to cancer earlier in the year. She fought it off and on for around 9 years. Her doctor was a really good person besides being a good doctor. If my mom was taken to the closest hospital they would not allow her doctor in to see her as she was not a part of their system of doctors.

This lady made calls to the house to check on my mom but she was not allowed to see her in the hospital.

Eff those who make these kinds of decisions for Wall Street. Eff them.
Sorry for your loss.

There was also loss on the provider side as you mention. Certainly a loss for your mother, but also a loss for her doc not being in a position to assist with care. A well rounded doc is trained and dedicated to the complete care of the patient. Being excluded, if not voluntary, from the hospital can be a large negative for all concerned. And then again I know some docs who couldn't give a flying F.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:33 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

Are you saying the Ryan repeal/replace bill is allowing Balance Billing for Medicare? Or is this something that Price favors, but it's not in the bill? Balance Billing for Medicare or even for PPOs is horrible. Just horrible.
Here's another article about it, this one says it's "proposed legislation". I don't think the Ryan bill is the only one that has been introduced, but this administration is so "transparent" that I don't know of any way to figure how many different issues like this will be voted on:
http://www.modernhealthcare.com/arti...NEWS/170309880

Old 03-21-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:

Look at it for once from the docs standpoint and it should not be so horrible. If the docs is to give up Medicare or even leave practice entirely due to unrealistically low Medicare reimbursements, then what else to do? The only reason I can stay in business today with Medicare is that since around 2012 we are now being reimbursed for quality measures. Finally getting paid for things we already had done, but never reimbursed for. And that is about $100/yr extra for most Medicare patients.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:

I think balance billing is a Price thing, not a Ryan thing.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:09 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Wow, so there are supposed to be work requirements for able bodied seniors, but not younger people? No, don't think so.
Yeah, I think that is just an attempt to do make conservatives like Sen. Paul and Sen. Lee come to the table, just as the New York provisions were to get Rep. P. King to the table.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:11 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Here's another article about it, this one says it's "proposed legislation". I don't think the Ryan bill is the only one that has been introduced, but this administration is so "transparent" that I don't know of any way to figure how many different issues like this will be voted on:
http://www.modernhealthcare.com/arti...NEWS/170309880
Well aren't there two plans that are HSA based (one of which is a bill Price's) while another proposal was by Rep. Ryan asking for states to return to their high risk pool.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Sorry for your loss.

There was also loss on the provider side as you mention. Certainly a loss for your mother, but also a loss for her doc not being in a position to assist with care. A well rounded doc is trained and dedicated to the complete care of the patient. Being excluded, if not voluntary, from the hospital can be a large negative for all concerned. And then again I know some docs who couldn't give a flying F.
I'm sure this is true.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:21 AM

19,615 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah, I think that is just an attempt to do make conservatives like Sen. Paul and Sen. Lee come to the table, just as the New York provisions were to get Rep. P. King to the table.
I do not believe it was ever proposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies