Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 03:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Both systems are LOSERS.

ACA was bad, but this is most likely worse.
I agree!

Old 03-13-2017, 03:17 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
So roughly 14 million people out of almost 350 million dictate healthcare policy again? Excuse me, but do the math.
350 million? You're already way off on just the US population which is about 320 million. But hey what's 30 million more phantom people in your mind.

Plus, 14 million less when Trump said that EVERBODY would be covered is pathetic... just like his presidency.

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody” — with coverage that would be “much less expensive and much better.” - Trump

Hmmm... More covered for less money? Square that circle.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:19 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I feel sorry for those who will lose coverage, this Obamacare repeal is nothing but politics, the Republicans care nothing for those lives that will be affected.
And the truth of the matter is, this is NOT repeal. Read the bill....it says this AMENDS the ACA. Remember when Stooge Spicer kept comparing those two stacks of paper (one ACA, one the republ. amendment)...well the TRUTH is that the smaller stack just LISTS THE AMENDMENTS....in reality, it's the TOTAL of the TWO stacks that represent the new tRumpCare.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:19 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,814,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
350 million? You're already way off on just the US population which is about 320 million. But hey what's 30 million more phantom people in your mind.

Plus, 14 million less when Trump said that EVERBODY would be covered is pathetic... just like his presidency.

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody” — with coverage that would be “much less expensive and much better.” - Trump

Hmmm? More covered for less money? Square that circle.
I'll propose a bill for Paul Ryan himself to ram through: Get rid of medical benefits for all members of congress who oppose single payer and let them go to the private insurance market to purchase their own. Time to put their money where their mouth is.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Not lose, it says many of them will opt out when the government is no longer forcing them to buy it.

But as a reminder, the CBO was massively wrong about Obamacare. They said it would result in 23 million more insured by now, and the actual number has been 9 million.
So who knows how wrong they are with this current prediction.

I work in healthcare, and I have worked with multiple patients who cried while telling me they were so excited to be able to buy health insurance through Obamacare only to find out it didn't cover anything. They would ask why they had to pay so much every month for insurance that paid for no care. And they were upset about how hard it was to find anyone that would even see them.

So while Dems counting them as success stories, many of the people I met were so upset. I'm sure there were positive cases too, but I didn't hear them.

Even Obama admitted Obamacare needed changes.
Obamacare needed changes. Just not the changes the GOP is proposing.

And your numbers don't match the government figures, by the way.

ObamaCare Enrollment Numbers

Old 03-13-2017, 03:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
CBO scoring is out.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...lthcareact.pdf

To clarify, that's 14 million MORE people than are currently uninsured and the numbers continue to climb. By 2020, total numbers would be 48 million total uninsured by 2020.
Once again, I do not support this, we need UHC but this takes for granted that nothing changes. Obamacare is going to collapse which changes everything.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:21 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I'll propose a bill for Paul Ryan himself to ram through: Get rid of medical benefits for all members of congress who oppose single payer and let them go to the private insurance market to purchase their own. Time to put their money where their mouth is.
You got my vote!!

Old 03-13-2017, 03:22 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
We need to move towards an optional Medicare for All system that would cover every citizen at any age regardless of where they live. That's the only way this debate is going to go away.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
For the most part those members have the money. Why not have them foot the bill for the poorest of their constituents?

Old 03-13-2017, 03:27 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
We need to move towards an optional Medicare for All system that would cover every citizen at any age regardless of where they live. That's the only way this debate is going to go away.
Not going to happen with this Republican Congress. They simply do not care about anything but giving big tax breaks to their corporate masters. That's what this really is all about. Anyone who believes conservatives ever think of ordinary Americans is living in a dream world.

Paul Ryan just made a statement applauding the CBO numbers for this very reason. He talked about the tax benefits, and completely ignored the massive number of people who will lose insurance. Because he sincerely doesn't give a damn about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies