Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2017, 10:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
More lying liberal fake news.

There's so much of it these days!
Fox?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 10:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yes. Yes. Wrong.
If you say so. Hillary lost in part because of it so you can continue to ignore the obvious and lose again if you wish. Nominate another war mongering establishment candidate and see what happens.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:42 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you say so. Hillary lost in part because of it so you can continue to ignore the obvious and lose again if you wish. Nominate another war mongering establishment candidate and see what happens.
No, not if I say so but truly a matter of how we understand these issues and/or promises. This too a little off topic, but obviously we all have our manner in which to mentally "file" these sorts of promises and outcomes. I think the following does a better job of describing my understanding and perspective, better than I can do with my own words in the space of one comment. For you to consider as you wish, if you wish of course. Note what I have put in bold below...

Obama Promised to End America’s Wars—Has He?

In March 2008, he declared of Iraq, “When I am commander in chief, I will set a new goal on day one: I will end this war.” Later that year, he listed his first two priorities for making America safer as “ending the war in Iraq responsibly” and “finishing the fight against al-Qaeda and the Taliban.” The president also promised a foreign policy that relied more on diplomacy and less on military might in his first inaugural address, telling his audience that “our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.” Well before the tumult of the Arab Spring and its aftermath, Obama famously offered to extend a hand to those willing to unclench their fist.

In many ways, Obama has kept his word. He ended Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom—the combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, respectively, that Bush bequeathed to him—and drastically reduced U.S. troop levels from their peaks in both countries. In the midst of the Arab Spring, the president led a limited military campaign against Libyan dictator Muammar al-Qaddafi with the support of the United Nations and a multinational coalition. He has been reluctant to intervene in Syria’s civil war in any significant way despite intense pressure to do so from both inside and outside his administration. In 2013, Obama announced his intention to shift the United States away from “a perpetual wartime footing.” He said, “Our systematic effort to dismantle terrorist organizations must continue. But this war, like all wars, must end.” And Obama has repeatedly shown his commitment to diplomacy by reestablishing relations with Burma and Cuba, and by striking a nuclear deal with Iran.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...umbers/474531/

Also more as I see just a little differently than you do...

Barack Obama's top 25 campaign promises: How'd he do? | PolitiFact

Promises made and/or goals not accomplished. Okay, but "lies?" I really don't think so...

Old 03-25-2017, 10:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
No, not if I say so but truly a matter of how we understand these issues and/or promises. This too a little off topic, but obviously we all have our manner in which to mentally "file" these sorts of promises and outcomes. I think the following does a better job of describing my understanding and perspective, better than I can do with my own words in the space of one comment. For you to consider as you wish, if you wish of course. Note what I have put in bold below...

Obama Promised to End America’s Wars—Has He?

In March 2008, he declared of Iraq, “When I am commander in chief, I will set a new goal on day one: I will end this war.” Later that year, he listed his first two priorities for making America safer as “ending the war in Iraq responsibly” and “finishing the fight against al-Qaeda and the Taliban.” The president also promised a foreign policy that relied more on diplomacy and less on military might in his first inaugural address, telling his audience that “our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.” Well before the tumult of the Arab Spring and its aftermath, Obama famously offered to extend a hand to those willing to unclench their fist.

In many ways, Obama has kept his word. He ended Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom—the combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, respectively, that Bush bequeathed to him—and drastically reduced U.S. troop levels from their peaks in both countries. In the midst of the Arab Spring, the president led a limited military campaign against Libyan dictator Muammar al-Qaddafi with the support of the United Nations and a multinational coalition. He has been reluctant to intervene in Syria’s civil war in any significant way despite intense pressure to do so from both inside and outside his administration. In 2013, Obama announced his intention to shift the United States away from “a perpetual wartime footing.” He said, “Our systematic effort to dismantle terrorist organizations must continue. But this war, like all wars, must end.” And Obama has repeatedly shown his commitment to diplomacy by reestablishing relations with Burma and Cuba, and by striking a nuclear deal with Iran.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...umbers/474531/

Also more as I see just a little differently than you do...

Barack Obama's top 25 campaign promises: How'd he do? | PolitiFact

Promises made and/or goals not accomplished. Okay, but "lies?" I really don't think so...
What that piece argues is that Obama was a Diplomatic failure. If you prefer that, have at it.

P.S. He didn't need diplomacy to bring the troops home, he just needed to do it.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:54 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What that piece argues is that Obama was a Diplomatic failure. If you prefer that, have at it.

P.S. He didn't need diplomacy to bring the troops home, he just needed to do it.
Okay, let's add "diplomatic failure" to the list of what we can call Obama, or any politician, but the facts remain as to what Obama did and/or did not accomplish, for reasons that Obama felt best given the ongoing emerging issues, challenges and pressures touched upon pretty nicely in these pieces I provided you, all that I doubt you considered beyond the space of another quick quip bumper-sticker reply, but ALL worth another read if you ask me, and a bit more consideration.

Maybe add "wins and loses" to the list of how to consider what Obama did and/or didn't do, just like we are now doing with Trump. Obama had some pretty good wins, and some loses too, more to my way of thinking anyway.

Enough with the "lies, lies, lies" in any case...

Old 03-25-2017, 11:11 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
File under lying liberal fake news.
???? So you dispute the fact that the ACA as passed includes amendments introduced by Rs?

OK. I've showed you mine. Now show me yours.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:49 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
BTW, did Trump do another "poor me" campaign rally to make himself feel better after this latest setback last night? Maybe he held it at Mar-a-Lago
Not so good as an ego-massage, oops, mean re-election rally - he went golfing, but in VA, not in FL, according to this article.

"'ObamaCare will explode and we will all get together and piece together a great healthcare plan for THE PEOPLE. Do not worry!' he tweeted Saturday morning. He then promptly went to play golf, and his motorcade was pictured at Trump National Golf Club in Potomac Falls, Virginia.The reaction came hours after House Republicans decided to cancel a vote on a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare - one of Trump's major campaign promises - on Friday.

Although it was GOP infighting that caused the legislative crisis, Trump blamed the Democrats after the vote fiasco"

Trump says a new healthcare plan will be 'pieced together' | Daily Mail Online

Old 03-25-2017, 03:37 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
More lying liberal fake news.

There's so much of it these days!
Fox News liberal???? Move over Eddie Murphy, we have a new comedian in town 😂😂😂😂

Old 03-25-2017, 05:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Fox News liberal???? Move over Eddie Murphy, we have a new comedian in town 😂😂😂😂
They'e only liberal now because they are now calling out Trump from time to time.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:24 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I've never been in a single video in my life, and on election day, I was at the Love's truck stop in Apex, NV. No crying I assure you
Did you hide!? Surrounded by Trump supporting truckers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies