Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:00 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump is trying to accomplish everything he campaigned on. Unfortunately the libs and establishment Republicans are trying to hinder him in every way
Yep. And establishment Republicans are definitely as much of a problem as radical leftists. You might as well lump them into the "resistance," too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 09:01 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump is trying to accomplish everything he campaigned on. Unfortunately the libs and establishment Republicans are trying to hinder him in every way
Wow, that sounds awfully familiar. Oh wait, that is what the Republicans did to Obama for 8 years.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:04 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
He has been in office for 3 months now and you are already claiming victory in 2020. Hilarious. What in the hell has he accomplished that will get him re-elected? NOTHING! Hillary would have been just as bad but it is silly to say he will win in 4 years. When it is time for him to campaign he will have angered the entire Republican party and they will attempt to find someone else to replace him.

You Trump herders are sure predictable. It is scary how far you will follow him.
Um, this is a Jill Stein voter saying this.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Already seen libs saying "we can run anyone in 2020 and they will beat Trump"

Be my guest. Lol

Old 04-19-2017, 09:09 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
The left can't do soul searching because it doesn't have one.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Camille Paglia: Trump Already Headed Towards Reelection, Democrats Have Overplayed Their Hand | Video | RealClearPolitics

If you leftists won't listen to truth here in the forums, at least listen to one of your own. The "resistance" is nothing more than a temper tantrum that won't yield the dividends leftists think it will.
Lol. One of whose own? She's been an independent lunatic for decades.

Really faulty logic. Some people are just nuts.

It's like saying hey righties -- Dylan Roof, David Duke, Ted Nugent or Sarah Palin is one of your own--you should listen to them.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:17 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I'm a liberal, but you might be right. White nationalism and identity politics are forces too strong to be overcome in the present. There will be more wars and corporate welfare, and the Republican plutocrats will be laughing to the bank as debt is racked up. As long Trump talks big game against Muslims and SJWs, the rural electorate will be fine with pissing their economy and social fabric away.

In 10 years when rural voters see that things have gotten worse for them and not better, they will come to their senses and hopefully vote on pragmatism over identity politics.
Right now it seems that way but I fear Trump policy wont improve the US. I see it as many view Obama policy (including myself prior to the 2013 Government Shutdown.) This is mainly due to hypocrisy in his stances. His "Drain the swamp" policies are more or less remove regulations to make it easier on businesses at the expense of the environment and customers. He signed a "Buy American, Hire American" law yesterday but he himself don't hire Americans. Even his daughter doesn't.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Um, this is a Jill Stein voter saying this.
So this is a typical WaldoKitty thread, one that mocks liberals with these pro-Trump posts.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:57 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If you leftists won't listen to truth here in the forums, at least listen to one of your own
They can't. That’s why the blame Hillary for running an incompetent campaign is such a hot topic. Democrats aren't going to blame themselves for running Hillary. They aren't going to credit Trump for arguably the most astonishing upset I've seen in my lifetime.

Democrats learned nothing from this. I was sympathetic at first, now the hell with them.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:08 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
They can't. That’s why the blame Hillary for running an incompetent campaign is such a hot topic. Democrats aren't going to blame themselves for running Hillary. They aren't going to credit Trump for arguably the most astonishing upset I've seen in my lifetime.

Democrats learned nothing from this. I was sympathetic at first, now the hell with them.
The parties used to work together for the better of our country. And they got things done. Yes, they had different ideologies....but it wasn't about them, it was about us. Now they just seem to hate each other and won't work together. And our president just likes to intensive it. He has bad mouthed both parties when they don't agree with him. If that's your idea of a president then you got what you wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies