Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:22 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Michele Obama or Oprah.
Chelsea Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 10:55 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Even though I voted for him , I'm not buying this one bit. And actually don't think he will be reelected. The left is gathering momentum and by the time 2020 roles around they will be full speed. I think the GOP will completely under estimate them and be caught by surprise.
Unlikely. The problem with the left is that they are never able to turn anger into success at the ballot box. When leftist ideology wins, its because moderates and enough conservative-leaning independents are fed up with the GOP governing things, not because leftists have managed to get a serious increase of leftist voters to the ballot box. This most recent special election is a key example of that. The 6th GA congressional district is a heavily conservative district. The only way Ossoff could've gotten so close is with the support of Republicans; but, in a district where President Trump only won by 1.5% points and where he is not very well liked, this isn't such a surprise. One key problem with this Democrat temper tantrum is that one of its core constituencies isn't involved in any significant manner (i.e. African Americans). Black American voters represent a huge Democratic constituency and have over-sized influence in states like PA, WI, MI, etc. The "resistance" has largely been white leftists. If Dems aren't able to diversify the "resistance" or at least get more GOPers on their side (outside of Georgia's 6th congressional district, where Trump has always been hated, the overwhelming majority of Trump voters are still giving him the benefit of the doubt/support the president), their temper tantrum will just be another footnote in the history books.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:56 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
As a libertarian myself I don't see a libertarian voting for Jill Stein.
Well then, I guess Wikipedia lied (which I doubt). I don't see anyone voting for Stein, Libertarians included.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:11 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
The left insisted on playing identity politics because they were certain it gave them an insurmountable and permanent advantage. If it has blown up in their faces it's their own fault. And Trump's bias is towards American citizens, not whites specifically. He loves the blacks, he said so himself.
Gee, I feel so warm and fuzzy. The man does nothing but lie. It's pathetic. And even he "loves" blacks (which he doesn't), he hates brown people of all kinds - even ones who are US citizens. Try double speaking away THAT particular case of idenity politics.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:17 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
of course he will be reelected. The liberals have no one to run. Tell me what their best candidate would likely be in 2020?
Tulsi Gabbard, Sherrod Brown, Al Franken, Bernie Sanders.

I think these four are the best ones. I like Liz Warren's relentless fight against the crooks on Wall Street and her dedication for the working class of America, but I think she might struggle with the working stiffs in rural America unlike the above mentioned 4.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:35 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Most Liberals dislike President Trump. They want everyone to dislike him too... To feel like they do. But it's backfiring. As a matter of fact, the more the Libs whine about our amazing President, the more America sees through the never-ending-wet-diaper-cry-baby Libs and so... as result, America wants Trump in the W.H. in 2020, even MORE than before.... America LOVES Trump! Put that on your Red Trump Hat in 2020.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:36 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Tulsi Gabbard, Sherrod Brown, Al Franken, Bernie Sanders.

I think these four are the best ones. I like Liz Warren's relentless fight against the crooks on Wall Street and her dedication for the working class of America, but I think she might struggle with the working stiffs in rural America unlike the above mentioned 4.

Al Franken??????LMAO

Bernie is too old and he will lose the primary

Other two ought be decent choices but they might not even win the primary.

Other than that the Dems have no one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies