Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 11:30 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times

Advertisements

Very little has been accomplished yet, and Trump still has over 3 years to go.
Camille Paglia was way, way too premature. But then, she's always been intentionally outrageous in what she says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 11:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
"The resistance" comes across as devisive rebellion that needs put down. Not very productive and certainly immature. This is not WWII France. Playground bullies need to grow up already.
I vaguely remember the Tea Party. People in this country have the right to dislike Trump. If that is called rebellion, so be it. Trump supporters expecting passivity after the way Obama was treated are just going to have to watch a large portion of the country continue to dislike Trump. In the GA election yesterday, the closer the candidate was to Trump, the worse they did. Has Trump had a majority positive poll since the election? Doesn't look like it.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
In all honesty I have NEVER seen Democrats so determined to make change occur. Never before so energized. So trash talk all you want folks, wont change whats occurring, or whats coming. Your clown show of a president is just making it worse for you folks.
The silent majority strongly dislikes violent protesters. If the Democrats get associated with groups like Antifa their electibilty will be damaged greatly.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:27 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,332,449 times
I love camille paglia, thanks for posting this. The sad truth is the Democrats wont listen, its become dominated by fringe groups, feminists and race groups like blm and black and hispanic power groups, sexual and race identity groups, celebrities and media manhattan/hollywood types and very little connection to the working class and middle class and regions outside of their metro, coastal white and minority strongholds

Old 04-20-2017, 01:46 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,332,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I honestly don't care that much about 2020.

I just came here to say I loved this talk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iv7LvRhvgNI
amazing video, thanks for posting this.

They really sum up the failures of academia and feminism and race and sex identity groups and the whole left

Last edited by floridanative10; 04-20-2017 at 01:54 AM..

Old 04-20-2017, 01:49 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Camille Paglia: Trump Already Headed Towards Reelection, Democrats Have Overplayed Their Hand | Video | RealClearPolitics

If you leftists won't listen to truth here in the forums, at least listen to one of your own. The "resistance" is nothing more than a temper tantrum that won't yield the dividends leftists think it will.
"Truth here in the forums"? BWAAA HAHAHAHA! This is a mostly Con forum filled with plenty of out-there opinions, but the truth is scarcer than a unicorn around here. Your post is a great example. Camille Paglia is an extreme ivory tower academic who is a LIBERTARIAN. Actual Bernie supporters voted for Hillary as Bernie asked us to. Paglia voted for Jill Stein because she hated the two major candidates for president - not because she's a Dem OR a Bernie fan. If you don't believe me, check out the Wiki article on Camille Paglia.

I think it's a tad early to be making predictions re "temper tantrums," especially since they are not dying down any - instead more people are becoming ever more fed up. The minority who make up 45's base can't see what is clear to the rest of us, so they have to make do with digging up obscure interviews with cranks like Ms. Paglia.

If you must quote a Libertarian, why not make it Rand Paul? I like him much better.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:17 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
"Truth here in the forums"? BWAAA HAHAHAHA! This is a mostly Con forum filled with plenty of out-there opinions, but the truth is scarcer than a unicorn around here. Your post is a great example. Camille Paglia is an extreme ivory tower academic who is a LIBERTARIAN. Actual Bernie supporters voted for Hillary as Bernie asked us to. Paglia voted for Jill Stein because she hated the two major candidates for president - not because she's a Dem OR a Bernie fan. If you don't believe me, check out the Wiki article on Camille Paglia.

I think it's a tad early to be making predictions re "temper tantrums," especially since they are not dying down any - instead more people are becoming ever more fed up. The minority who make up 45's base can't see what is clear to the rest of us, so they have to make do with digging up obscure interviews with cranks like Ms. Paglia.

If you must quote a Libertarian, why not make it Rand Paul? I like him much better.
As a libertarian myself I don't see a libertarian voting for Jill Stein.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
What are we supposed to say in response?

Old 04-20-2017, 03:31 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,287,874 times
It's April 20 2017. Trump was inaugurated Jan 20 2017. He's still trying to find his footing 3 months into his term, and we're actually discussing re-election? Really?

Old 04-20-2017, 03:38 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
"Truth here in the forums"? BWAAA HAHAHAHA! This is a mostly Con forum filled with plenty of out-there opinions...
That was my response as well.

How many threads on this forum start with a title that is an outright lie?

How many times do OPs link to articles that actually contradict their premise?

How many times have we seen Trump and Russian propaganda repeated here as gospel truth?

How many posts are little more than ignorant insults, half-baked conspiracy theories, and outright lies?

Truth here in the forums?

You can find it, but you have to do a lot of fact checking.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-20-2017 at 04:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies