Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 12:41 PM

207 posts, read 102,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Well.....

They certainty won't do it if we keep formenting the belief that Government will do it for them.

We don't need people to do it out of the graciousness of their hearts.

If you want to build a widget factory, you should be willing to pay for the roads that lead to it. If they don't, then they won't be able to ship their products.

You know....that whole "you didn't build that" attitude is what you use to make capitalism pay for itself without the force of government.
Nice little cherry picked example.

Who is gonna pay for the police to patrol and answer emergency calls?

Who is gonna pay to fix a dam that breaks?

Who is gonna pay for someone's auto accident which requires life saying medical procedures the person can not afford?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 12:43 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
And there's many who have lived and worked here in the US and they don't like their systems back home. See how that works. I have seen first hand wealthy individuals from around the world come to Duke University Medical Center in Durham for treatment. If they enjoyed their "free" tax payer funded healthcare so much from their country of origin, why are they coming to the States and Duke?

I didn't see Michael Bublé take his child for his cancer treatment to Canada or Argentina, where his wife is from, he came to the good old USofA, I wonder why that was?
Because he lives in LA? His medical insurance would of lapsed in Canada if he didn't remain a resident.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Everyone, that's the point!
That is what taxes are.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How much of your own money should you be "allowed" to keep....off limits for "the public good"?

80%?

50%?

25%?

And we don't have a low quality of life here....far from it.
Oh dear, this list are all countries with UHC.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...-life-rankings

Old 05-08-2017, 12:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
Who is gonna be paying for all these services out of pocket for generosity?
If you use it you pay for it, or get help from family/friends/some other organization. Not sure what you mean by "for generosity".

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I thought you could if you were married... Is that not the case?
I was being sarcastic. It is the answer people get when they have the nerve to get pregnant. Followed by the god help you if you are abandoned. It does not fit the script, so you must have done SOMETHING wrong. Being poor is a crime in some people's eyes.

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
Who is going to be footing the bill for basic infrastructure and emergency services?
Exactly. And they say liberals are full of pipe dreams.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:49 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I think you need to reread your post because I can't believe that people never earn "anything"they have.

To just give one example, I would love for you to tell that to a boy who spent all summer mowing lawns to get a new video system he wanted. I think his reaction would be something to behold!

(I would, however, like for you to explain exactly what you did mean, though.)
Did he buy the lawn mower or did his mommy and daddy let them use the family one?

Old 05-08-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The US has 10 times the population you do and almost 50% pay NOTHING in taxes that can be used for UHC. Why can't you Lefties do math? So in essence that's 150 million people buying 300 million insurance plans. It would be like every working person who pays taxes buying TWO insurance plans. I'm sorry, but it's not my responsibility to take care of anyone else but myself and my family. You don't see wild animals dropping off food that they just killed for their families to the one that can't feed itself. It's called survival of the fittest and it will never change. If you can't afford to take care of yourself, you do whatever is necessary to do so or you fade away into oblivion. People who truly can't take care of themselves are already covered. So everyone is bitching and moaning about people who can take care of themselves but refuse to do so. I have no sympathy for anyone that refuses to do what is necessary for themselves while they absolutely can.
Start with how much cheaper UHC is to run, and then do the math.

Your current system isn't working. It is going to collapse.

As for taxes

https://mises.org/blog/myth-half-ame...-federal-taxes

Old 05-08-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
If you use it you pay for it, or get help from family/friends/some other organization. Not sure what you mean by "for generosity".
We all use public roads, bridges, police, schools, etc

Assuming you dont live off the grid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies