Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 12:11 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewarrior99 View Post
I didn't say it was anyone's fault but some people need help. My obesity problems mean I can't breathe that well without my oxygen. It's very hard to get a job in my confotion

So what? Am I responsible for you not pushing yourself away from the dinner table? If so, HOW am I responsible? I didn't cause your lot in life, YOU did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 12:13 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
Quote:
I barely make $10,000 a year as it is. Only rich people should pay more taxes and they have more than enough money to pay. Just imagine if we could provide care for everybody. There is no reason people need two homes or many cars or wasteful things.
I can tell that you're very young. In all do respect, wait until you get older and you'll understand. The rich are the ones taking the risks, they're creating business, they're the ones employing people. They're creating jobs. Why is that a bad thing? There's no reason to getting so hung over on percentages, especially if you don't know what it means. I don't know if you supported Sanders but if you do...Bernie Sanders doesn't know anything about businesses. He doesn't know what it's like to pay anybody.

But, what about the bottom 90% of tax payers. Bottom 47% pays no income tax. Top 10% pays 70% of it. That means the middle 43% pays 30%. The 10% are carrying us on their back and Bernie wants to break their leg for not going fast enough.

5,302 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
It makes sense. I get what you mean. I agree it's inherent. But...every belief system is based on something that is unproven. Every single one. To say something is a human right means nothing. Where do you get them? From your basis of human rights. It's just feelings which is essentially, subjective.
Unproven =/= subjective, but I know what you're saying.

Quote:
I think the rich can pay. I see them wasting money that could be used to give everyone the basics.

Wasting money? Exactly who the hell are you to say what another can do with their earnings? Where do you get that supposed right?

You and you alone are responsible for where you are in life. Not anyone else.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
But because we cannot all have high salaries, those that do, should cover the shortfalls for those that can't make big money.

A leech or parasite seeks to live off others. Which are you?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:15 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
PuhLEASE... I double dog dare you to bring your $10K/year earning rear to MY home and try to take that which you think you are entitled of MY earnings. I dare you.

You want to use your vote to STEAL from others. By what right do you make ANY claim to what another has earned?
Speaking of voting, I think it's something that should be addressed. We have taxation with representation, correct? So someone paying no taxes has one vote, and someone paying taxes has one vote. In essence, the person paying taxes is being taxed without representation. They should get 2 votes - one for just "being" and one for being taxed.

Last edited by ringwise; 05-10-2017 at 12:24 PM..

Old 05-10-2017, 12:17 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Yes, I consider it a basic human right, but that doesn't mean it has to be free. Water is required to survival, but we still have to pay for that.

Preventative healthcare should be available to everyone for a low cost, or free. Going to the doctor once a year would help catch cancer and other illnesses earlier.
This word " free " keeps coming up. UHC in not free. It paid through taxes. No one in a country with UHC would say it's free. They may say, when I went to the hospital, doctors, lab etc, the it cost them nothing, but what they mean in nothing up front. They know what's paying for it.

The difference between healthcare and water ( people also mention food as a necessity ) is that water and food isn't going to suddenly present you with a bill that will bankrupt you. The reason insurance exists for cars, houses and healthcare is because of what it would cost without it. As far as I know, there is no insurance for food and water.

I really wish those who don't understand, or have huge misgivings about UHC actually come to Canada and talk to the people.

You will hear mostly positive stories. No system is perfect, but you will hear Canadians wanting improvements of course, but the VAST majority would NEVER give up our UHC system.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
I wish I was still young. Yes, I got out and voted for Bernie. First time I voted and then the second time was for Hillary. The rich need to pay their fair share.
the rich already pay their share, your share, my share..

NO one should pay more of a percentage that someone else....doesn't matter what level you come from

Old 05-10-2017, 12:18 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
Quote:
I wish I was still young. Yes, I got out and voted for Bernie. First time I voted and then the second time was for Hillary. The rich need to pay their fair share.
Ok then let's take this step by step. The rich had their taxes raised a few years ago, but what do you consider to be fair? What percentage of their earnings should the government receive?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:18 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was anyone's fault but some people need help. My obesity problems mean I can't breathe that well without my oxygen. It's very hard to get a job in my confotion
Obesity is not a health issue that I should be expected to fund you for. It is somebody's fault - your's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies