Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 06:51 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,421,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So you can't present facts to back up the assertions? Didn't think so as there isn't any...
No, its that most people assume a certain level of familiarity with the impeachment of Nixon. You are demonstrating you are not familiar with it. so heres what people are discussing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,066,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
The FBI director due to poor judgement or perhaps a bias against Clinton single highhandedly and against the orders of his boss likely handed the election to Trump should still be the FBI director just because you think he was your only hope at getting something to stick against Trump regarding Russia?

If you analyze Comey's actions under Obama and Trump he clearly wants to wield undo influence over things. The left did not like it when it hurt their cause but are perfectly fine with it when it makes Trump look bad.
Trump derangement syndrome...

Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,421,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So Sessions recommended that Comey be fired?
Yup. The guy that excused himself from the Russian investigation recommended that the guy investigating it be fired.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:53 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No. You don't just fire a guy like that straight off. You need to get settled in and make sure there are no major security issues or cases that you need him for. Comey could have been using the fake Russian "investigation" as a shield to prevent Trump from firing him and Trump called him out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
It was the assistant attorney generals recommendations that led the the firing. A position the democrats held up until April 25th. I am sure it would have happened much sooner if not for the democrats trying to block every appointment.
Actually, trump asked for immediate resignations for lots of people, straight off. With comey's aberrent behavior, it wouldn't have been such a big deal at the get-go. Heck, I felt like obama should have fired him the minute he opened his mouth with all those details about clinton's emails because the FBI just doesn't do that sort of thing.

And, how about some backup for your allegation that the investigation is "fake"?

26,662 posts, read 28,773,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm confused. Is Comey an incompetent fool and traitor who, the Leftists and Hillary claim, lost Clinton the election or the hero of the Left who was going to capture major conspirator Trump? His status with Progressives seems to change daily.

Seriously, Comey lost both the trust of Trump AND the public. He didn't charge Hillary and he lied about the (lack of) extent in Weinergate.

Or, I guess Comey could be super competent and on track to capture Russian spy, operative, plant Trump who is intent on turning our country into a Communist satellite of Russia.
Who knows why Comey takes one side or another? Maybe he likes the feeling of power over people.

He's caused damage to both sides--guess he enjoys that for some reason.

But Trump sure liked him when he interfered with the election even though it's illegal for an FBI director to interfere with an election. The Hatch Act had to be invoked to make him stop. Trump had to fire him when he was going to reveal Trump's Russian connections. Great timing--not obvious or anything.

6,419 posts, read 8,298,114 times
Nothing fishy at all about Sessions who recused himself from the Russian probe recommending Comey's firing. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

17,273 posts, read 9,588,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Do you or anyone else have PROOF of your assertions? I mean other than the usual partisan loons saying so?
The guy was a CLOWN who got himself fired. I find it amazing the screams and screeching from one side after the Hillary mess DEMANDING his termination and now when it happens the opposite is being voiced by those same people?

Talk about looney...
Who's voicing the opposite? I don't care that he was fired but anyone who isn't an idiot knows why he was fired now. It's as obvious as the giant nose on your face.

12,391 posts, read 7,117,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
This is also all about prosecuting Hillary Clinton. Mark my words. Comey said there was no "there" there. Sessions and Trump want to prosecute Hillary.

Kill two birds with one stone - stall the investigation into Russian collusion and resurrect the prosecution of Hillary.

It's coming.
The Clintons will never be prosecuted, you can take that to the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
yay we can act like a third world banana Republic where the losers of a election have hyped up charges brought against them.
Yes I know, the Russian conspircy theory against Trump is straight out of some banana Republic.

I can't understand all the whining from the dems here, they wanted Trump to fire Comey months ago.

You dems got what you wanted, Comey got fired, so why are you whining?

7,834 posts, read 4,584,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
From the letter Trump sent to Comey....

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are no able to effectively lead the Bureau."
[emphasis mine]

Trump's letter firing FBI Director James Comey - CNNPolitics.com
I read that as either someone in the DOJ or FBI improperly conveyed the status of the investigation to the White House or Trump is making stuff up again. Not good in either case.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:54 PM

30,273 posts, read 11,895,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yup. The guy that excused himself from the Russian investigation recommended that the guy investigating it be fired.
No the assistant AG made the recommendation not Sessions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies