Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
No he wants to arrest the folks using it to party. Last time I checked he was against recreational use and on the fence about medical...
He has NEVER been in favor of ANY type of legalization. He is a dinosaur, and what ever regressions he is able to make will be reversed soon enough.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 AM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Could you imagine the backlash and embarrassment on my behalf if I ever got popped for a DWI or found dead with a needle in my vein, or found tweaking out?
Hold myself to a higher standard and never partake.
Well, then there's something we somewhat agree on. I don't partake, but I am not going to look down on those who do - after all, I'm sure I drink more than my share of this world's beer.

As for DWI, I don't hold with that sh.t, at all. Those guys need to feel pain - be it by hefty fines, revocation of driver's licenses or prison time. It's the sort of thing that I would seriously consider breaking a friendship over.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:42 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I would say about 4 out of 5 jobs I have taken from 1990 to the present required a drug test. Mostly urinalysis, but saliva, as well.

What does testing positive for THC have to do with passing out from dehydration?
I haven't the slightest clue. Company policy. Not mine. I'm not suggesting nor saying there was a direct cause and effect. He passed out dehydrated, and was tested.
I know if you drink a few beers in this heat, and you have to slam them down otherwise the beer gets warm and nasty, you catch a buzz really fast and get cotton mouth a raging migraine and feel nauseous unless you slam bottles of water in between the beer.

Back home could drink all night and keep the beer in the snow to stay cold at the bon fire.

Perhaps they didn't just test for weed? Perhaps all substances? Alcohol included? I didn't bother to ask the details other than why he got fired.

Last edited by NY_refugee87; 05-12-2017 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: Auto incorrect

Old 05-12-2017, 10:43 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
No he wants to arrest the folks using it to party. Last time I checked he was against recreational use and on the fence about medical...
Congress Gives Jeff Sessions $0 To Go After Medical Marijuana Laws

He issued an ominous warning in February to states with legalized marijuana. “States, they can pass the laws they choose,” Sessions said at a Justice Department press briefing. “I would just say it does remain a violation of federal law to distribute marijuana throughout any place in the United States, whether a state legalizes it or not.”

He has also said that “good people don’t smoke marijuana” and that pot is only “slightly less awful” than heroin.

Congress Gives Jeff Sessions $0 To Go After Medical Marijuana Laws | HuffPost

Old 05-12-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, then there's something we somewhat agree on. I don't partake, but I am not going to look down on those who do - after all, I'm sure I drink more than my share of this world's beer.

As for DWI, I don't hold with that sh.t, at all. Those guys need to feel pain - be it by hefty fines, revocation of driver's licenses or prison time. It's the sort of thing that I would seriously consider breaking a friendship over.
I'm, like you, neutral on weed. I don't care.
However, there was a kid who got a bag of moldy pot in high school. The type of mold that grew in it, was identical to that of what he and I are allergic to-penicillin.

His first time smoking pot was his last. Rare case but still there can be adverse effects from poorly processed pot. Where's the weed expert with 25 years research to back that up?

When I say legalize it and regulate it like alcohol I mean just that.
Which would you rather trust? Billy bobs shine brewed out of an old radiator? Or some aged Kentucky bourbon? There are strict regulations on booze. It protects the consumer from getting methyl instead of ethanol. Which would kill and cause blindness. So regulate weed in the same fashion. I don't care. Make sure it's not treated with a pesticide or herbicide that will be cooked off when smoked to cause a seriously malignant tumor in the throat or lungs at a commercial level.

Allow the citizens to grow 2-3 plants for personal use or to obtain a permit/license that money, (if you lived in florida there's a license and permit in everything and more than likely those permits and licenses protect consumers as well as generate revenue for the state as there is NO state income taxes) can go towards the county of residency or state of residency. An agriculture license if you will.
Charge a specific "sin" tax to its sale. More revenue for the state, county, and fed.
Appropriate those funds to a civics project like stated previously-fund health care, and the maintenance and replacing of failed infrastructure.

It's money that the government is missing out on.
Puts a dent in drug dealers profits. Oh but people will still turn to street urchins to get weed cheaper! Not if you can't prove with a receipt that you bought it from a licensed retailer same punishment for moonshine applies here.

I don't care at all about weed.

That other chit, that needs to go.
Especially when the consequences of those substances are of no benefit to anyone.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Congress Gives Jeff Sessions $0 To Go After Medical Marijuana Laws

He issued an ominous warning in February to states with legalized marijuana. “States, they can pass the laws they choose,” Sessions said at a Justice Department press briefing. “I would just say it does remain a violation of federal law to distribute marijuana throughout any place in the United States, whether a state legalizes it or not.”

He has also said that “good people don’t smoke marijuana” and that pot is only “slightly less awful” than heroin.

Congress Gives Jeff Sessions $0 To Go After Medical Marijuana Laws | HuffPost
I know for a fact-He was vehemently against lawful recreational use.
And now that you see Congress still practices checks and balances and that he was put in check for medicinal use, what is the legitimate problem?

I'll say this right now.
Anyone pro medicinal use better be against big pharm getting their d!ck beaters on it. Or you aren't going to see oils smokeables, or edibles that can treat ailments at an affordable price, or be combined with another element that causes adverse side effects so the doctor can upsell and prescribe another drug to combat the side effects.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Good. I was once more liberal on this issue but the drugs have gotten out of control. Cops are giving narcan to the same people two and three times per day. Time for a new strategy. Maybe we should look at countries like Singapore and how they maintain very low drug rates.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html

*source provided for confirmation only.
Excellent.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:33 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,922,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Sessions won't change his mind.

You know who will change their minds? A lot of folks who voted for Trump, thinking he would never go after marijuana users.

Thank Southerners and their moronic brains for giving us this guy. He should have no control over my life or anyway else outside bible thump land. The sooner the US states break apart the better. The South will ruin us all with their stupid bible thumping corrupt politicians.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:35 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times
Why is the US drug problem so much more prevalent and violent than say in Canada, Australia, Japan, Europe...?
These countries have drug problems but no where near as violent or with such high incarceration rates.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:38 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
Better incarcerate that pothead for life. He or she might do something outrageous like binge out on potato chips or laugh at SpongeBob SquarePants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies