Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 07:15 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I also really enjoy how this thread keeps getting revived about once a year.
It must be an anniversary of some kind of break up, or where someone was scorn because of those horrible, horrible women. Or, just a revival of the He-Man Woman Haters Club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 07:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Why doesnt Mom have a financial responsibility as well?
That's a question for the court, not me.

Keep us updated, please.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It must be an anniversary of some kind of break up, or where someone was scorn because of those horrible, horrible women. Or, just a revival of the He-Man Woman Haters Club.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:15 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
If that is the case how come Dad can't refute that presumption? Examples- Mom has no job and no income, Mom quits her job, Mom voluntarily reduces her hours at work, etc...

If what you are saying is true there would be a mechanism for Dad to compel Mom to earn income to provide that support. There is no such mechanism...which brings me back to the original point of this thread...

No one cares if Mom financially supports her children, they only care if Dad does.
I know a couple where the dad worked 2 weeks on/2 weeks off, mom did not work. They homeschooled, so they were able to have family time. After the divorce, the mom got the house, the child for 2 weeks, still does not work, and has 2 weeks free time every month with no responsibility at all. The dad has to support 2 households and has no time off from anything, has to work and then homeschool.

Talk about getting royally screwed.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:49 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
If that is the case how come Dad can't refute that presumption? Examples- Mom has no job and no income, Mom quits her job, Mom voluntarily reduces her hours at work, etc...

If what you are saying is true there would be a mechanism for Dad to compel Mom to earn income to provide that support. There is no such mechanism...which brings me back to the original point of this thread...

No one cares if Mom financially supports her children, they only care if Dad does.

Daycare costs more than $2000 a month per child in my area. Staying at home might be the most affordable thing to do.

How many noncustodial parents are paying enough to actually support a child in daycare, plus half of their clothing, housing costs, medical care, etc? I see plenty of noncustodial parents crying about paying a measly $1000 a month toward child support, as if magic will fulfill the rest of their child's needs.

Ideally, both parents should be working but in some cases with young kids, there's no feasible way for the custodial parent to work full time with the costs of daycare. Noncustodial parents shouldn't be absolved of their financial duty because the custodial parent would be working *just* to pay for daycare.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:55 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,214,660 times
Default If that's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Sorry, I have no sympathy for men who brought children into this world and are trying to avoid paying their share. It doesn't matter what the woman is paying, a man looks out for his children if he wants to call himself a man.

Why do men end up living in a room in a shared house while the ex has the house , furniture, kids, dog, cat, car and a mostly unchanged life style?

Old 08-06-2019, 03:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Not sure why the OP thinks the custodial parent is not providing financially for the child. Depending on how much the non-custodial parent makes 25-40% of their income may not be too much.

I know many women who get less than $100 a week for 1-2 children (total, not each). They work as well and pay the bulk of the living expenses of those children. My teenager eats $100 a week by himself lol.

Most people IMO who complain about child support just want to whine unnecessarily. If you were living with your kid, you'd probably pay more. I make a very good income and pay over 50% of my income towards my household and my kids. My husband also works and pays a similar percentage than I do but one of us makes more than the other. Living expenses include housing and health insurance and oftentimes the custodial parent pays the brunt of that which can easily squash a measly $100-$200 a week. My husband used to pay $800 a month for our health insurance. Our mortgage back then was also $800 a month. So that is $1600 before you even get to food and clothing and transportation and school crap, etc.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:06 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Why do men end up living in a room in a shared house while the ex has the house , furniture, kids, dog, cat, car and a mostly unchanged life style?
Will be honest in that usually it is because many men are too lazy and self centered to take on caring for their children full time.

I'll note I have very close relatives like this - dads who basically don't want to deal with their kids everyday. Luckily my relatives don't whine about paying child support though but one I'm thinking of in particular, his wife cheated on him and moved his kids into another guy's house and even had his kids calling that new guy "dad" which was outrageous to me BTW.

They are actually still married even though they've been separated for over a year. I told him to go get a divorce and ask for full custody of the kids. He has a lot more financial resources than their mother and a family (including myself) that are willing to help with the children while he is at work, etc.

He refuses to take any steps to do so and he admitted he "works too much" to take care of the kids - that he is "tired." Which makes me roll my eyes. I'm a mother and I get tired too and I work just as much as him but I'd never willingly not see my kids or demand custody of them. Lots of men and deadbeat moms are just lazy and just want to complain. The woman who gets everything, she is not lazy and she took steps to make sure that she got what she wanted/needed. IMO the one who complains and doesn't "get" things they wanted, they often were the weak link in the marriage. I told my relative that his wife was going to leave him 5 years ago because he's lazy. His laziness extends to not advocating for himself and his kids. Many women when they divorce, they advocate for themselves and their kids. Many do not BTW as I know a lot of women who get nothing at all except the kids because the dad/ex didn't want the kids - they are too much work.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:14 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
As I said in my earlier post I had full custody of my son. I then was single for 14 years. I dated several women long term after I was divorced. However after going through a nasty divorce and seeing how my son was used as a financial tool by my ex I made sure that I never had any more kids. It's a shame. I feel like I was an excellent father. I was there for my son through everything. However I never wanted to be put in that position again.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:36 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post

Is the ex the custodial parent? In general, it would not be well-advised for a custodial parent to live in a shared house with unrelated adults. The noncustodial parent can easily live in a shared house. Custodial parent cannot.

If the noncustodial parent can only afford to live in a shared house, is he really making enough money to fully fund half of his children's expenses? Probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies