Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 03:05 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I mentioned that most Muslims are decent people, but they are not showing up to rally for the victims, they are the star of the rally, they are the recipients of the rally and that to me is very odd.

Like I mentioned before, it would be like people rallying to honor Rednecks after the Black church shooting! It's just odd.

Muslims should be telling the world that we will not let these radicals destroy our reputation that more than ever I call on my fellow Muslims to sniff out all radicals or suspicious behavior in our neighborhoods.
That's how libs roll man. Notice when there's a BLM march, so many businesses along the way are trashed. Many of those shop owners and operators will place pro-BLM paraphernalia on their buildings in hopes that they don't get vandalized the next time around. And like clock work, another BLM march takes place and the businesses are thrashed again. And then on the 6 o'clock news the shop owners are asking why their businesses were thrashed when they had the pro-BLM paraphernalia on them. Same thing with what's going on over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 03:05 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
Article from 2015 but still relevant

"While Christianity has certainly been the cause of more than its fair share of violent bloodshed over the centuries, it has now evolved into a religion that is largely a force for peace.

Islam, though, has never been through an enlightenment or a reformation and is still rooted in the values of the dark ages. That is why Islamic extremism has boomed at a time when the rest of the world is embracing the liberal, democratic values of the 21st century.

Islam is still rooted in the values of the dark ages – and until we accept that, we will never get rid of radicalism - Telegraph

Old 06-06-2017, 03:06 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Once again, I know most Muslims are decent people, but I just don't understand the left's view on over-acceptance of Islam after a terrorist attack in the name of Islam. It's just an odd thing to do. If anything, Muslims should be holding public events demanding peace within their communities, demanding that we (Muslims) need to step up and sniff out any radicals destroying our name... Instead you have the bleeding hearts cheering on Muslims as they march down the attack site, WTF The left is just saying, YES THE MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS THE MORE WE LOVE YOUR RELIGION!!!

London lives on - CNN.com
(scroll toward the end of the video)

Must really suck for you. I mean you are seeing the LOCALS who live with the danger responding in a way you can't understand, a way that to you is "wrong".

I am delighted that the Brits are much stronger than many americans seem to be. They will not fall into the traps you so obviously wish they would. If you want an ally to "hate and fear" with you, i think you will need to find another nation.
Maybe it is because they dont have the same level of hate and fear being broadcast on sky as we do on Fox..
I say hurrah for Londoners.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:09 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,098,495 times
Quote:
Once again, I know most Muslims are decent people, but I just don't understand the left's view on over-acceptance of Islam after a terrorist attack in the name of Islam. It's just an odd thing to do. If anything, Muslims should be holding public events demanding peace within their communities, demanding that we (Muslims) need to step up and sniff out any radicals destroying our name... Instead you have the bleeding hearts cheering on Muslims as they march down the attack site, WTF The left is just saying, YES THE MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS THE MORE WE LOVE YOUR RELIGION!!!

London lives on - CNN.com
(scroll toward the end of the video)
Did CNN stage another event?

Old 06-06-2017, 03:10 PM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You probably don't want to alienate the Muslims, after all, they are there to stay and they are going nowhere

If they feel welcome there, they will view themselves as part of the community and maybe next time, they will report something.
Sounds good, but in the other thread our local Leftist like to insinuate that Europeans have this coming to them, being the evil colonist that there are. If that's the case Europeans are doomed regardless of what they do

Old 06-06-2017, 03:13 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,430,343 times
Quote:
It's not about going and attacking Muslims, as I said, most are decent people, but it is odd to HONOR Muslims after such events, jsut as it would have been odd to honor White Rednecks after the mass shooting in South Carolina in the Black church.

There should be much more pressure on the Muslim communities to be alert and sniff out suspicious behavior.
Because no one ever blames all white men for violence, despite that demographic committing most of the mass attacks in the US. People do try to blame all Muslims for acts of terrorism, and willfully ignore the scores of vigils and statements from Muslim leaders and groups condemning terrorism.

It's not just London . The Mayor of America's biggest city recently said "today I am Muslim too "

'Today, I am a Muslim Too': Mayor de Blasio Addresses Rally | NBC New York

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Must really suck for you. I mean you are seeing the LOCALS who live with the danger responding in a way you can't understand, a way that to you is "wrong".

I am delighted that the Brits are much stronger than many americans seem to be. They will not fall into the traps you so obviously wish they would. If you want an ally to "hate and fear" with you, i think you will need to find another nation.
Maybe it is because they dont have the same level of hate and fear being broadcast on sky as we do on Fox..
I say hurrah for Londoners.
Naw, they're in the same boat as they voted for Brexit. Apologist's seem to thrive on the US, the West, Christians, and white people always being the bad guy.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:15 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Sounds good, but in the other thread our local Leftist like to insinuate that Europeans have this coming to them, being the evil colonist that there are. If that's the case Europeans are doomed regardless of what they do
Yep, maybe you are right. I can see your point there

Old 06-06-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Because no one ever blames all white men for violence, despite that demographic committing most of the mass attacks in the US. People do try to blame all Muslims for acts of terrorism, and willfully ignore the scores of vigils and statements from Muslim leaders and groups condemning terrorism.
Muslim is a religion , a choice . Not so much with race / skin color .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies