Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2017, 02:51 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Rubio goes to Trumps for dinner, now they're besties after what trump put Rubio through in the elections with the name calling. I would say Rubio is a guy who ingratiates himself with the biggest guy in power to make up for his shortcomings. Rubio is a butt kisser who can't be trusted.
He is my horrible FL senator. Doesn't go to work for a year while he runs his dead-on-arrival Prez bid. Takes the paycheck, though. Awful history of personal finances....borrows money, buys bigger houses, bigger boats, then sells them off in panic. Very immature. But he won re-election (Dems ran a no-name, didn't fund him).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 02:56 PM

104 posts, read 148,837 times
History is not made up of "posts" or "blogs" or "tweets". History is a record of what the world effect and consequence is of social phenomena--you know things that happen that we all love to argue about. After the shouting has stopped (and it might take years) and the dust has settled, the historian takes a backward look at the dynamic forces in play way back when and what came out of it. He then suggests the causes and effects.
A good example might be the causes of WWI. There was a WWI from 1914 to 1918 and many died. That was one outcome or consequence of the many factors that contributed to the tragic conflict in Europe. It's been nearly 100 years and if you read the various takes on what the causes were there are many differing opinions. Scholars and historians still are arguing. So Mark Warner will be judged in the grand scope of things and Hillary, and Comey and Trump. We are all way to close to it in time to understand the long term meanings of the day-to-day petty skirmishes we see in government. Relax and enjoy the show.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:57 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That's not Sean Spicer's twitter page lol

Old 06-09-2017, 02:59 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump was vindicated of any wrongdoing.
Somehow I can picture your room with posters of Trump all over it, just like a teenager with their favorite popstar icons. Your love for Trump is spectacular.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
What did he nailed? He pronounced the words correctly??

Comey said several times in the hearing that meeting with the then FBI Director one v one and telling him to drop an investigation take on a very different meaning than just talking about it on, say, Twitter.

Yes it confirms the Presidents Constitutional authority to fire him. Granted it's a little different than what obama the liar did to federal Inspector General Gerald Walpin of the Corporation for National and Community Service who uncovered instances of “inappropriate contact†between Johnson and three high-school students while investigating misuse of nearly $1 million in AmeriCorps program funds at St. HOPE Academy of California.

But that had physical evidence of wrong doing while the the Russian-Birther movement has nothing.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Somehow I can picture your room with posters of Trump all over it, just like a teenager with their favorite popstar icons. Your love for Trump is spectacular.
You guys love to make it personal when you lose.

But there isn't a single photo of Trump at this house.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:03 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
How did he impress? Trump makes himself look bad, he needs no help in that endeavor.
I said how. He demonstrated that Comey set out from the beginning to make the POTUS look bad.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:05 PM

626 posts, read 903,607 times
What I found interesting was little Marco Rubio telling someone they should've stand up to Trump. Oh the irony.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:10 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
As we're seeing not without a fight. If I was going to pick a movie title it would be "The Empire Strikes Back." But I'm not sure I get your movie analogy.
I'm a lawyer, not a psychologist.

"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a scientist"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MULMbqQ9LJ8

Old 06-09-2017, 03:14 PM

3,248 posts, read 3,202,698 times
I thought Rubio asked the best questions; I didn't have the advantage of TV as I was driving in the car, but I really thought he made Comey look weak.

Where was that courageous man who raced to the ICU bed of John ******** & warn him that he was about to be asked to sign an extension of an illegal domestic surveillance program? He wasn't testifying on Thursday. I saw someone who was intimidated and weak and then in retrospect decided to CYA and have his buddy leak his memos to the press.

Comey believes Trump is a liar; but I think Comey is a coward ( & he admitted as much in his testimony). God help this country. The A Team, from both the left and the right, is definitely not in charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies