Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 09:39 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Obstruction isn't simply a conversation. its a legal matter that has certain requirements. In this case, based on Comey's testimony, Trump asked if it were possible, then NEVER BROUGHT IT UP AGAIN. That does not meet the standard of Obstruction.

Further, there seems to be some desire on some folks part to link the firing of Comey to this exchange and use that as proof of obstruction. Even if we go with the notion that Trump fired Comey for not letting the Flynn investigation go, we still have not reached the legal standard of obstruction. Why? because the investigation was not impeded. period.

Wouldn't firing the man heading an investigation be act that impedes that investigation?

Old 06-09-2017, 09:57 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Wouldn't firing the man heading an investigation be act that impedes that investigation?
Not if the man being fired isn't up to the job.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:04 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How much time do you spend googling up opinion articles each day, which you then post here as fact?

The yoyo you quote was proven wrong. So now they do what leftists do, they resort to name calling.
I think you just broke the irony meter.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:08 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Further, according to federal law, if Comey even thought there might have been obstruction, he was obligated to raise that point and begin an investigation on it. He did not.
Once Comey was fired, then it became more obvious that there likely was Obstruction of Justice. The firing was the final straw. Since Comey was fired at that point, he no longer had job duties regarding investigations. However, he was pretty smart by leaking the memos to the press, with the specific intent to get an independent prosecutor assigned. And it worked, since one was assigned shortly after. He was able to leak legally and Trump is super upset that Comey "Trumped" Trump. Expect more tweets from Trump on the matter over the next few days. He's very upset. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Once Comey was fired, then it became more obvious that there likely was Obstruction of Justice. The firing was the final straw. Since Comey was fired at that point, he no longer had job duties regarding investigations. However, he was pretty smart by leaking the memos to the press, with the specific intent to get an independent prosecutor assigned. And it worked, since one was assigned shortly after. He was able to leak legally and Trump is super upset that Comey "Trumped" Trump. Expect more tweets from Trump on the matter over the next few days. He's very upset. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
It's quite interesting that the person appointed is a friend of Comey's.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Being VERY popular with your base ONLY does not make one very popular. He was elected without a majority and without a plurality of votes. His support per polls is now relegated mainly to his base which is about 35% of the electorate. Recent polls show him to be among the LEAST popular presidents upon taking office as well as 4 months into his term.
mostly due to unending and orchestrated liberal media attacks followed by those who don't bother to think things through on their own.

It's called propaganda and the barrage has been quite effective with the liberal masses.

One doesn't have to like the President as long as they like the policies.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:03 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Please do not take what I am about to say as in any way defending Donald Trump, I would never do that. But the fact is, all his life he has been a real estate salesman who wheeled and dealed and had secret little meetings with people where he asked them to do "questionable" things. Everyone knows he had shady business practices, and leopards do not change their spots.

So, when he got to the WH, he had no idea that things do not work that way at that level. Where he could have pulled some vendor aside and said "I HOPE you can give me two invoices so it looks like I paid more than I did ", he doesn't understand that you can not pull the Director of the FBI aside and say "I HOPE you will look the other way on this Flynn thing".

Not making excuses for him, as any normal person would know that is unethical at best, and illegal at worst, but Donald Trump is NOT NORMAL. He does not possess the intelligence, or that little part of the brain, that says "You can not do this !". I bet he still does not understand why he was wrong to ask Comey for that favor.
Post of the decade. Well done. Well done.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:08 AM

1,548 posts, read 912,981 times
I see they have a new angle on delegitimizing Trump this week. It'll be forgotten, as they all have been.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:24 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This writer explains clearly why the, 'Oh, Trump is just ignorant" defense is a problem in itself. Yes, I know the Trumpeters will soak it all up all the stink and thinks it smells like roses, but the rest of us sane people gets it.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1431...rant-president

Get what! You have to have done something wrong to be guilty. It is not Trumps fault Comey took so many things he is alleged to have said the wrong way. You can write anything down on a piece of paper and leak it to the public. That does not make it fact. The elephant in that room is the leaking. It has been going on for years. I think Trump was successful in getting rid of one of the alligators in the swamp. Good riddance!

Another elephant in the room is this eternal witch hunt by the alligators in the swamp when so much dirt has been hidden in the water that the last administration did that should have been exposed and prosecuted. D. C. is a really dirty swamp!

As for being ignorant, I think most people would love to have an I. Q. as high as Trump's. 156 is NOT a low I. Q.

Last edited by NCN; 06-10-2017 at 12:32 AM..

Old 06-10-2017, 09:30 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Trump is a businessman. He's used to running his own show, talking to whomever whenever he wants to and calling the shots. The political climate is a lot different - what is appropriate, what may not be, who needs to be present, etc. That doesn't denote ignorance. He has only been in office 140 something days....it is entirely understandable that he is still new to the political backstabbing, double-speak, many tentacled relationships within the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies