Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 09:46 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Trump is a businessman. He's used to running his own show, talking to whomever whenever he wants to and calling the shots. The political climate is a lot different - what is appropriate, what may not be, who needs to be present, etc. That doesn't denote ignorance. He has only been in office 140 something days....it is entirely understandable that he is still new to the political backstabbing, double-speak, many tentacled relationships within the government.

So you are confirming that he was completely unprepared and inexperienced to become the President of the USA.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:48 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
Quote:
So you are confirming that he was completely unprepared and inexperienced to become the President of the USA.
How can anyone confirm that when he IS the president?

Old 06-10-2017, 09:52 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
How can anyone confirm that when he IS the president?
Lots of people are things that they're unprepared for. They usually don't keep their jobs very long.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:07 AM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Trump is a businessman. He's used to running his own show, talking to whomever whenever he wants to and calling the shots. The political climate is a lot different - what is appropriate, what may not be, who needs to be present, etc. That doesn't denote ignorance. He has only been in office 140 something days....it is entirely understandable that he is still new to the political backstabbing, double-speak, many tentacled relationships within the government.
As opposed to unions, mobsters, tin-pot dictators, local zoning officials, overseas manufactures and hundreds of others that he dealt with keeping his enterprises afloat? Same game, different venue.

Even if we were to accept your explanation, if he isn't up to speed on how things work then hire people who do and listen to them. He can't seem to be able to do that either.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:11 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,398,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I agree.

And with regard to Paul Ryan's "he's new at this defense"; Trump was certainly aware that the Tarmac meeting between B Clinton and Lynch was inappropriate and looked really bad. Yet when it comes to HIS OWN shady dealing with the FBI Director, Trump claims stupidity.
Exactly!! Trump harshly criticized Bill Clinton's meeting with then Attorney General Lynch. Now as sitting president he pulls this k-r-a-p and we are getting the he is "new at his excuse" from scum bag Ryan. No!!!! Total f-u-c-k-I-n-g B.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNijmiXJAq8

Old 06-10-2017, 11:40 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Not at all. The nuances and maneuvering can be learned. Good, common business sense and a respect for the American taxpayers money is something that is sorely lacking in government, and that is what Trump brings to the table. The posturing and cya antics of politicians is hardly benefiting anyone but themselves.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
In the face of all that Donald Trump has brought to the presidency, I was baffled why people who Trump, who he has proven, at best, are very low on his priority list, loyally support him. Some of what I see here is probably just provocation intended to get people upset. But I think some are actually loyal supporters.

In trying to understand why there are blind supporters, I tried to understand Trump. There was a common theme in much of what he said - fear. Many politicians use fear to get votes but with Trump I think it's very real.

There have been times I thought Trump had a less than average IQ, sometimes way below average. He is where he is because he's an amazing salesman, but you don't have to be intelligent to achieve that. But when I factored in fear I wondered just how much it paralyzes him and his ability to think.

It is now pretty well known Trump has problems concentrating. I thought that was a sign of low IQ. But it could very well be that paranoia consumes so much of his thinking, it's difficult to concentrate on anything else.

It doesn't appear to me Trump is highly intelligent, average maybe, but not highly. What I will probably never know is how much fear consumes his ability to function at the level his IQ is capable of functioning. So I'll withhold believing he has a low IQ.

As far as ignorant - AKA uneducated - he has certainly proven that he is uneducated about government and world affairs. But I wouldn't chalk that up to low intelligence.
Great post, agree 100%

Old 06-10-2017, 09:31 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Trump is a great example of the Peter Principle. Ryan simply confirmed it.

Stupidest excuse ever given by a Speaker for a president's missteps.

Can anyone imagine what would have been said if Pelosi ever made an excuse like that for Obama? I think we all know what the reaction would have been. And Trump would have been one of the loudest bashers of the bunch.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:36 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Uh oh, the Comey testimony has left libs mighty crabby today. Time to turn off CNN, grab a tall boy and go fishing.

Yes, they seem to be constructing their own reality now.

I guess it was inevitable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jknxLDKi_80

Old 06-11-2017, 11:04 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by addakisson View Post
Ignorance is no excuse. If you don't know the lay of the land, you take people with you who do. Comey is not known as a liar. Trump has a long history of lies. It has been shown over and over again, long before he ran for public office.

Comey is on record lying about the leaked memo he claims to have created immediately following his meetings with Trump.

Comey claims he authorized his friends to leak the memos after a Trump tweet convinced him that a special prosecutor would be needed to investigate Trump, but the contents of the memo were leaked before the tweet and immediately following his termination.

That means the motive for the illegal leak was retaliation.

It also means the leak occurred at least a full day before the tweet.

It also means that Comey is a liar.

Trump response to Comey testimony suggests Comey lied - Business Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies