Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 03:17 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Vladimir Putin gave direct instructions to help elect Trump, report says - CBS News

Absolutely mind blowing to me that not only did Putin personally direct this operation, but that Republicans are perfectly ok with it.

This was without a doubt a Russian coup of the U.S.

No surprise here, Donald Trump is not a legitimate President. US's intelligence is leap years behind Russia's intelligence. US intelligence's favorite response is, "there is no evidence." "sheesh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 03:19 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't think it is accurate to say republicans don't care. They may not agree that it changed the outcome, but any American who cares for our democracy cares that a hostile foreign entity was this involved in trying to subvert it.

I wonder if Obama mingling in the Elections of foreign nations was the inspiration.

I hear Putin has direct ties to Russia too!

Old 06-23-2017, 03:20 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Yet in every single one Dem candidates have exceeded expectations and vastly outperformed results from last year.
Republican President
Republican Vice President
Majority Republican Senate
Majority Republican House of Representatives
Majority Republican Supreme Court
Majority Republican Governors
Majority Republican State Legislatures

Yes, I think Democrats better keep on trying to exceed expectations.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:22 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
thank you for highlighting yourself as an uninformed and simple poster. You do realize the special elections were held to replace people appointed by Trump. Those appointed were put in positions b/c they represented extremely safe districts to bring about easy victories in said special elections. Yet in every single one Dem candidates have exceeded expectations and vastly outperformed results from last year. But again, keep being ignorant to how the world works and enjoy living amongst the confirmation bias safely ensconced in your bubble where you're a "real American" and are sticking it to the damned libs....the fact that any of these races were even competitive in the first place doesn't bode well for the GOP in mid-term elections.

Mid-Terms?....When Dems voters stay home?

Old 06-23-2017, 03:29 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Republican President

your response has nothing to do with my post

Old 06-23-2017, 03:33 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Quote:
your response has nothing to do with my post
You got Conwayed!

Old 06-23-2017, 03:35 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Republican President

They keep missing this small fact.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:04 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
No surprise here, Donald Trump is not a legitimate President. US's intelligence is leap years behind Russia's intelligence. US intelligence's favorite response is, "there is no evidence." "sheesh*
What exactly did Russia do to influence the election?

Old 06-23-2017, 05:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
thank you for highlighting yourself as an uninformed and simple poster. You do realize the special elections were held to replace people appointed by Trump. Those appointed were put in positions b/c they represented extremely safe districts to bring about easy victories in said special elections. Yet in every single one Dem candidates have exceeded expectations and vastly outperformed results from last year. But again, keep being ignorant to how the world works and enjoy living amongst the confirmation bias safely ensconced in your bubble where you're a "real American" and are sticking it to the damned libs....the fact that any of these races were even competitive in the first place doesn't bode well for the GOP in mid-term elections.
right, open seats for congress being competitive, how unusual.

but by all means keep telling yourself that in losing you democrats are making gains in congress. that will go over big at the comedy club.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:22 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
Either:

1.) A heavily-sanctioned foreign adversary, with an economy based solely on fossil fuels, a propensity for cyber crime, and with nothing to lose, coordinated with a US candidate with a long history of working with Russian mobsters and mafiosos, Russian money laundering, Russian investments, lawyers, lobbyists, and governmental cronies, worked to elect such a candidate in the hopes that an oil executive would be made the Secretary of State of the US, to lift such sanctions, whilst destabilizing the one opposing force to its world-wide meddling and criminal activity... or

2.) Liberals are mad about losing the election and every major media organization in the United States, not to mentioned most other free democracies in the world, is in collusion with every US intelligence agency, including the NSA, FBI, and CIA, to take down a POTUS that they simply do not like.

It makes me sick to my stomach that option 2 is worth even a moments consideration by any American, but yeah, here we are.
Option 2, obviously.
How many VOTES did the Russians actually cast for Trump?
Answer: ZERO..... the same number of electoral votes gotten by Hillary in the states she took for granted...PA, MI, WI, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies