Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 06:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Don't you realize how ridiculous this sounds? How about we ensure we don't live under such an overbearing police state instead and hold departments accountable for their pee-poor training in basic scenarios such as these?
Why not just ensure we teach every child how bad crime is so that we don't need police?

Then you won't have to worry about being ridiculously pragmatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 06:48 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I have to wonder how much experience many of these officers involved with these shootings have with dogs. If you have dogs or have been around them a lot you have sense of whether they are aggressive or not. I have my own and going to multiple residential homes everyday for a very large part of my life I've had a lot of experience dealing with other people's dogs. Most were tame despite the barking, only a handful you wouldn't see me get out of the truck. Never got bit....
I guess you didn't see my earlier post. Either that or everyone thinks it is so ridiculous they ignore it:

COPS ARE BEING TRAINED TO SHOOT ANY BARKING DOG.

I hope I wasn't unclear. Whether the dog is acting aggressively or officer experience is irrelevant.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The dog wasn't being aggressive. Are you saying all animals should be preemptively shot just in case they do start to show aggression? Would this philosophy extend to humans too?
This is a difficult call especially if the dog is close, most dogs will approach strangers and many of them will be barking and possibly growling. That doesn't mean they are about to attack and most of them will keep their distance if they are being semi aggressive. That's why I mentioned in my previous post I have to wonder how much experience they have with dogs if they are involved with a shooting like this. It's a difficult call but a lot easier to make if you have experience with dogs.

I had dog that was most friendly dog you will ever meet EXCEPT if I was sleeping or she was in a confined space. If I was sleeping my own Mother couldn't get near me. This dog knew how to open a tent nn destructively and mistakenly went into my Buddy's tent, she wouldn't let him in. If you weren't already in the tent you were not in the club. I got stopped by the cops once and she was not to happy about the cop reaching for license. She was very protective in those situations and you would never know it

Old 07-12-2017, 06:59 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why not just ensure we teach every child how bad crime is so that we don't need police?

Then you won't have to worry about being ridiculously pragmatic.
What does that have to do with dogs being shot in their own yard?

Old 07-12-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I guess you didn't see my earlier post. Either that or everyone thinks it is so ridiculous they ignore it:

I hope I wasn't unclear. Whether the dog is acting aggressively or officer experience is irrelevant.
That would mean that tens of thousands of dogs are being shot every day.

I'm surprised it hasn't made the news. You'd think millions of dogs being shot each year would be a big news item.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:06 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That would mean that tens of thousands of dogs are being shot every day.

I'm surprised it hasn't made the news. You'd think millions of dogs being shot each year would be a big news item.
The COP SAID that they were trained to shoot ALL dogs. Some cops I guess don't follow their training.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:07 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Because many cops are scumbags and sociopaths just waiting for an excuse to shoot someone or something. If a cop shot my dog, I would spend the rest of my days killing each and every member of their family in the most cruel manner possible.
You should be banned.

Sick.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:08 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:

Again it's a tough call, even when you have experience with dogs. The dog I described above would certainly bite anyone under the right circumstances. She would of given you a very aggressive warning, stepping forward and giving you a smile. Ignore the warning and you are in danger of getting bit.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:08 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:

This is the sheer stupidity. What LEO Academy did you attend?

Absolutely FALSE.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
What does that have to do with dogs being shot in their own yard?
Well, if there are no cops, there won't be any cops shooting dogs, right.

I mean, if the answer is to ENSURE all cops are trained to not do stupid things instead of being pragmatic and not getting an alarm, why not just ENSURE we don't need cops by training people not to break laws?

How many times would you guess cops have shot dogs when responding to false alarms? I've heard multiple reports about it just this year. If the alarm hadn't gone off, the cops wouldn't have shown up and the dogs would still be alive.

What is more important, your tv or your dog?

prag·mat·ic
praɡˈmadik/
adjective
dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies