Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 12:05 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
That was cool. Watched the video yesterday. The President was great, as usual. What a memorable event for those kids. They really loved him.
Nailed it.

That's what people are appalled by.

Send your son to Boy Scouts. Welcome him home a RWNJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 12:08 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No one expects Trump to apologize. He bragged that he never apologizes because he's never wrong.

We all accept that Trump is an idiot and a boor and completely inappropriate 99% of the time, and there is no changing that. He is a lost cause. The issue is the BSA doing the right thing for the benefit of their scouts. Because the scouts are the ones suffering the fallout. Trump doesn't give a ****.
The scouts are only suffering fallout because hysterical liberal adults and the left leaning media are stirring the pot to further their political agenda. BSA has long been in the cross hairs of the liberal media.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:09 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nailed it.

That's what people are appalled by.

Send your son to Boy Scouts. Welcome him home a RWNJ.
Wow.

I love when people show us who they really are lol.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I knew you'd say something completely irrelevant to the discussion.

I also knew you wouldn't try to respond to the 80% or so of the replies here which are critical of both the Boy Scouts and our "beloved" President.

What was irrelevant about it? Are Boy Scouts not representing the up and coming youth.
You and I know the truth hurts. The truth, you want to make irrelevant in your mind and block it out of existence. No wonder you guys are getting farther behind, in the counter culture war.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
And if he leaves, then what? WE are the Scouting program: my husband, my father-in-law, my brother, my sons, our Scoutmasters and other volunteers, all of whom are upset & disappointed by what happened. It seems to me that our roars of disapproval are an indication that character-building DOES happen in the Boy Scouts.
The scouting program is the local program. I would not let this incident color my whole opinion of scouting. Scouting is about your local boys and your local leader.

I personally don't see how the BSA could have prevented this disaster other than cutting the mike - and who is going to do that to a current President?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The word orgy was never mentioned. Yachts are something bad? Is that code for something?

I guess you didn't see the liberals here planning to boycott sales of Christmas wreaths by their local scouts.

Pretty pathetic way to act out your hatred for a President. It certainly wont be a protest that looks good on anyone.

Whatever behavior is objectionable regarding kids that were there should be dealt with by their parents or the troop leaders the parents give authority over them with regard to scouting. Its no one else's business.

This is all just liberal drama stirred up to further their agenda. Sad they are using children to do so. And, pretty hypocritical since that's what they accused the President of.
You can deflect and defend to liberals all you want. Because two people blame the scouts - doesn't mean 'all liberals' do. ONE person caused this uproar and that is Donald J Trump. In case you haven't noticed, he's famous for leaving a trail of destruction in his wake.

Even other Republicans won't defend his ridiculous speech to the boy scouts - only the diehard Trumplets are left to defend his AWFUL speech to the boy scouts. As per the usual, it was all about him, his electoral victory, making fun of his opponents, denigrating a former president, and discussions about all the 'hottest people' during his heyday in NY ~ NOT to mention the yacht story.

There is no defense left for this filth he spewed to young boys and young men.

As usual, Donnie's problems are all of his own making. He hasn't a clue how to comport himself as President of the United States.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
And here's another problem.

Most people in this situation would put the blame where it belongs: On the person who violated tradition and became the first president to use his opportunity to speak at a Boy Scout Jamboree for naked partisan purposes.

Instead of facing up to that and apologizing that president simply moves on leaving hundreds of thousands of angry, bewildered people. What's new about that? Trump has never apologized for ANYTHING that I can remember. After all, he never does anything wrong, correct?

Instead of seeing this situation for what it is, you pivot. You are already trying to blame liberals and "their hatred of the President".

Wise people would realize that this President has created many (if not most) of his own problems.
As I've said to my father a former Unit Commissioner, Assistant Scoutmaster, Scoutmaster and Order of the Arrow Elections Advisor; Trump left the Boy Scouts with the bags like he always does. Had this been just another stump speech by Trump since he took office (mind you that is only one of the few things he has done besides executive orders, hindering prosecution, trips to Mar-a-Largo on OUR dime and Tweet,) there would be little said about it because of how often that happens. Maybe the Sessions slams would gain more traction, I don't know.

That said, it wasn't. It was a speech to the future of our nation. It was a speech to hard-working young boys taught from the minute they enter the program whether as Tiger Cubs like I did; Webelos like my brother; or the Boy Scouts like a friend of ours did, to live by a moral code. A moral code our President simply doesn't with his lies and constant jabs. President Trump is not a Boy Scout, he never was a Boy Scout and he will never be a Boy Scout. It's his lack of moral fiber.

Sadly the BSA has to try and damage control because they got bit by a scorpion named Donald J. Trump.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
And if he leaves, then what? WE are the Scouting program: my husband, my father-in-law, my brother, my sons, our Scoutmasters and other volunteers, all of whom are upset & disappointed by what happened. It seems to me that our roars of disapproval are an indication that character-building DOES happen in the Boy Scouts.
Roars of disapproval? Where?

40,000 Scouts and leaders cheered and booed, clearly they were supporting Trump and his nonsense.

Not much of a testament for the Boy Scout character-building program.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Default Boy Scouts Chief apologizes for Trump Speech

LMAO...I saw this one coming. I didn't realize that Trump had promised to avoid politics in his speech, but did so anyway.

Trump is a gas, I'm telling you!

Boy Scouts Chief Apologizes For Donald Trump's Politically Charged Speech
Boy Scouts Chief Apologizes For Donald Trump's Politically Charged Speech | HuffPost

Old 07-27-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
If things are sane on the local level and you're fine with your family supporting BSA, then so be it.

But many families will likely explore other options.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:30 PM

19,784 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The President of the Boy Scouts of America issued a FORMAL apology for Trump's speech.

That tells you everything you need to know.
A LOT of Eagle Scouts voiced their consternation with regards to this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies