Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 04:23 PM

2,434 posts, read 1,452,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
It's because what they're doing is racial and racist. They're anti-white (with Trump being their number one target), anti-law enforcement and pro-black ... the coward owners should have stopped this nonsense before it got to this point.

Personally, I think black people are angry and acting out because a black man no longer resides in the White House. Like small children.

And I think white liberals are angry and acting out because a woman doesn't reside in the White House.

It could have been any white, male republican - both demographics would be behaving in the same manner.
Well that "black" man did nothing for the black community while he was in office. So I'm mad about that.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:23 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Every team in the league stood tall, owners and players alike, and Trump got his racist ass handed to him today.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:24 PM

459 posts, read 376,276 times
Default These liberal tears from NFL players

So, sooo delicious

Old 09-24-2017, 04:26 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
That is absolutely false, that if they can kneel before Allah or any other distortion other than what the country was derived from, it's snow.

It's time that America was put first, not last by such an irreligious group of people who deserve to have behind their names all has $0.00's.

They're way too spoiled with way too much money and nothing else to do but run around and make themselves richer insulting true heroes.

Because a thug is a thug because to be a thug is a thug for a cause.

They hate America and what it stands for that's why no applause.

They're ungrateful for living in America yet are held inside of awe.

They deserve nothing, that just as they came into the world, let be.
Not sure what you just said, but okay. I still don't know why they're thugs. I thought thugs were people who beat up other people.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:27 PM

2,434 posts, read 1,452,676 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAOejMIC9u4

Old 09-24-2017, 04:28 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
It was a dumb idea for our bobblehead of a President to ignite such an outrage.
this^

Old 09-24-2017, 04:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I agree. Football is going away as a form of entertainment. Actors too! The internet age hardly cares. Whoever equates equality to the overpaid entertainment we have in this country is stupid. They have no right fighting for any kind of equality.

Most people who still watch football are those Trump supporters. Do you think those liberal computer nerds care if football is on its way out? They have a game for that if they need it. lol
I don't support Trump and I still watched today.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:29 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,942,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
Why are they muddled, and the players hating America are in the right.

Like George Carlin said, If you hate the weather, move
Donald Trump didn't dodge the draft just so we could have the right to free speech.

Whatever happened to "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll die for your right to say it?"

How do conservatives figure they're showing their love for this country by censoring everybody that might happen to disagree with them?

So you think YOUR "president" is going to curry favor outside of you Cult 45 members by giving a childish and divisive speech, plus a bunch of empty minded tweets (the name says it all) about a couple of NFL players who kneeled in memory of an innocent young black man who was killed by the police?

Meanwhile, the Republicans are trying to push through yet another health care plan that they're keeping us confused about, the AMERICAN citizens of Puerto Rico are coping with the catastrophic aftermath of Hurricane Maria, and N. Korea is ratcheting up it threats of war. But let's focus the national discussion on what REALLY matters. A few young black athletes exercising their right to free speech.

I guess conservatives are taking George Orwell's words to heart and running with them.

"All men are created equal, but some of us are more equal than others."

Doesn't seem very American to me. Maybe YOU should leave the country.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:31 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Trump made one mistake. He should have addressed the sponsors instead of the owners.

What these so-called protesters are like is a person given a billion dollars to spend anyway they choose and taking the check and spitting in the face of the donor while kicking him in the balls. Every American has the right to their own beliefs but to disrespect the very source that gives them that right is just plain downright stupid.

My group stopped attending NFL and/or watching NFL games after Kaepernick took a knee and nothing was done about it. Most of us are vets and to see a bunch of morons who never served their country disrespect America is pathetic. With the latest bull**** we are turning to the sponsors and informing them that we are no longer going to buy their products. (No need to watch the games. It is easy to get a list of those sponsors on the web). We encourage all Americans to do the same.
Maybe if that is the feeling, one should have disregarded Trump as a first priority, unless one is functioning from Selective Amnesia with much Bias that is covertly trying not to be displayed. yet, it is overtly evident. Because Trump has denigrated every organization of this United States Government, as well as many others on a continual cycle, and neglected to fill out Governmental Appointed Position while he tries to play "Dictator" by use of Executive Orders, along with his incessant praise of Putin while dissing our Sitting President while he was pursuing the job, and bad mouthing the FBI director to the Russians while trying to convey to them that he could obstructive justice by doing so.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:32 PM

524 posts, read 252,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I agree. Football is going away as a form of entertainment. Actors too! The internet age hardly cares. Whoever equates equality to the overpaid entertainment we have in this country is stupid. They have no right fighting for any kind of equality.

Most people who still watch football are those Trump supporters. Do you think those liberal computer nerds care if football is on its way out? They have a game for that if they need it. lol

The NFL has tried its best to affiliate their corporate racket with Patriotism when in reality real patriotism and the NFL are totally mutually exclusive.

Unfortunately most Americans have not been living in reality for decades, they have been living an illusion built of lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies