Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 03:39 PM

465 posts, read 236,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck Why are they muddled, and the players hating America are in the right.

Like George Carlin said, If you hate the weather, move
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
They don't hate America,they don't like Police killing unarmed Blacks in the streets .
Why don't you Antifa ever think of anything else other than constantly putting White people down for the beasts?

As far as that goes, the Animal Kingdom is what suffers and that is the aim all Antifa should aim for not the police.

Did you know that God judges the hearts of most White police officers as having way more decency than deceits?

The statistics of White officers killed per those same people you claim are gunned down for no reason but it guns.

"The South Was Right!" Antifa those same Southern Confederate statues taken away by those sliming for bankers.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:40 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
It is amazing how sheep pickup on the word "dotard" that a North Korean dictator uses that wants to destroy us. Maybe they should go visit North Korea with a one way ticket.
People are now using that word now because of that fat faced stupid idiot called him that. It sickens me to no end that people are somehow siding with that regime because of this damn stupid Trump derangement syndrome people have. I don't care for trump either, but those asshats in NK have been doing this threatening sabre rattling thing for decades now and if Clinton was in office they'd still be doing it.

I'm literally repulsed by people now adopting this term because of NK.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
As a veteran I believe that if you cannot respect your country then maybe you shouldn't be here.

What these players are doing is similar to a person being given a billion dollars to spend anyway they wish and then taking the check, spitting in the giver's face, and kicking him in the balls.

Yes all Americans have the right to believe as they wish but there is a right way to protest. Disrespecting the country that gives them that right is not only wrong but is treasonous.

My suggestion to the NFL players who disrespect America is to pool your money and buy a country in Africa and show us all how it's done.
Thank you for your service but what you fought for is our constitutional rights. Without them and a mandate to "show respect for our country" we would be no different than North Korea.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:41 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
What are you calling BS on? Ratings are down.
Because of the recent storms would be my guess. Nobody I know has stopped watching football because of politics.

None of them care. They just care about football.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:42 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,632,440 times
Dotard is pretty funny, though, regardless of its origins.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:45 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Because of the recent storms would be my guess. Nobody I know has stopped watching football because of politics.

None of them care. They just care about football.
Many here hold unrealistic views of the world, such as thinking a statistically-significant amount of people are going to give up watching/caring about football because a few players have decided to kneel during the national anthems (which are rarely, if ever, aired on TV).

This is not happening. Ratings or ticket sales may be down - but to think it is politically-driven feels a bit ridiculous. Not everything is about politics.

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If I am understanding your comment correctly, exceptional comment if so, you're talking about Trump speaking on behalf of his employer -- us!

This sort of judgement and tirade, about the NFL and/or players in the NFL dissenting/protesting, is really NOT what we employed Trump to do as POTUS, whether we supported the decision to make him POTUS or not!

Great point!
This is such a stretch that one can't see the beginning from the end. He was elected because of his viewpoints, and in spite of them. He doesn't so much work for us as he represents us, whether some people like it or not. Apples and oranges between that and the traditional employer/employee relationship.

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
They have been whining about political correctness for years and even cited Trump's opposition to it as a reason for liking him, yet they demand that people act politically correct during the national anthem
Nothing to do with conservatives. That's just another lie the agenda driven left tries to do. Associate trump with conservatives since they're progressive policies are known failures. So they make things up about conservatives. Sleazy but not surprising.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:48 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
Why are they muddled, and the players hating America are in the right.

Like George Carlin said, If you hate the weather, move
This has been decided over 50 years ago with the burning of the flag stuff being declared within individual's rights and freedoms.

Whassup with putting more emphasis on their not standing than on Trump's suggesting they be fired if they don't?

Where did that constitution supposedly guaranteeing every individuals liberty go to all of a sudden?

I'm suggesting middle America is muddled if they place a higher priority on demanding show of allegiance compliance then they do on the freedom and liberty to refuse to do so.

Another George Carlin quote: "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it."

And another: "The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions".

And the most relevant to this: "In America anybody can become president; that's the problem."

Old 09-24-2017, 03:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I don't think it's anything new. I'm seeing in the PBS Vietnam program the reminders of conservatives who believed in supporting presidential war policies no matter what.
No they didn't and you have no proof conservatives do that. No doubt there are many war mongers on the right. At least you see them coming. The left speaks out about wars only when a repub is in the White House. When a dem is in the White house, for the most part, they shut their pie holes like good little servants. Gutless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
That's really what "conservative" means, isn't it?
It means smaller government. Use less of. From the word conserve.
When you have to make up horrible things about the other side, you loose credibility. But then again the progressives don't have any credibility since the progressive policies, on both sides, are complete failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies