Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 04:53 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,710,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It really is a shame what the left has done to the country.
The other way around.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:54 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Lot's of people. owners and other sports teams are against trumps statements.

The swell is growing. The old angry white guy racist football fan is dying off.
Not according to CBS. And CBS doesn't like Trump. So it's really really bad for those knee benders.

They are achieving exactly the opposite of what they want

Old 09-24-2017, 04:54 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,613,312 times
Very characteristic of the way he often expresses himself, Trump's message that is ironically pleading with people to be more respectful would have more credibility if he wasn't yelling things like "get that son of a b**** off the field right now!"

Old 09-24-2017, 04:55 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Looks like Trump wins again.

Vast majority of Americans are with him against the unpatriotic players and several owners.
Colin Kaepernick's protest seems to be gaining steam with some of his fellow NFL players, however, it doesn't seem to be catching on with the rest of the country.

In two recent polls that were both conducted within the past week, a majority of respondents said that they disagree with Kaepernick's decision to protest racial inequality and police brutality by not standing for the national anthem.
This according to CBS Sports.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...nicks-protest/
Who cares really.... the kneeling is meaningless, the cause is ridiculous. I'm sick of hearing about it.

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
After all this nonsense does anyone think it will help Colin Kaepernick get a job

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
I think it is safe to say most Americans do not think players should be taking knees in a political cause. On the other hand, just as many would likely say that Trump should have kept his mouth and his twitter account out of it and that he succeeded in doing nothing but further dividing the nation (and uniting the NFL against him).

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Very characteristic of many of the things he says, Trump's message that is ironically pleading with people to be more respectful would have more credibility if he wasn't yelling things like "get that son of a b**** off the field right now!"

Trump is willing to say what vast majority of America is thinking. And which the BS media pretends doesn't exist.

This is why he wins elections. And the rest don't.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:58 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,939,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Funny, national anthems aren't part of the broadcast.

If you crunch the numbers, that amounts to 3% of respondents. Knowing what we know about these sorts of calls (that elderly people are most likely to participate), i'm not surprised that a handful of old bigots would stop watching football because of Kaepernick.
And Kaepernick is not a radical black racist and left wing SJW loon? There is not even a basis for his protest, most of the BLM cases have been debunked.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:59 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am also conservative, and ambients post does not reflect my attitude either. sorry ambient my friend, but you are wrong on this.

true enough, however those are few in number. the reality is that what has happened is the issue he wanted to bring to the forefront has been pretty much glossed over and ignored, and that is unfortunate.

for the most part i agree with you. however you are wrong about the players protesting in the manner they do and keeping their jobs. we do have free of speech in this country, remember the first amendment

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

this is a restriction on government, and government only. it says congress shall make no law, it doesnt say you can say anything you want and your employer has to accept it, unless your employer is the government, and even then. while we do have freedom of speech in this country, we DO NOT have freedom from consequences.

if you went to work one day, and bad mouthed your employer to every customer that came into the business, should you keep your job? i say no you shouldnt.

if you are football player and your employer tells you you have to stand for the national anthem, and you refuse, should you be able to do what you want anyway without consequence? again i say no you shouldnt. why? because your employer is not the government. the first amendment does not apply to them because they are a private entity, and you work for them at their pleasure, and yours. if you dont like what the rules your employer set down for you to follow, then you have the choice to leave the company, or your employer has the choice to reprimand you or fire you. in the case of kapernick he ultimately got benched, and then was given his release, but it wasnt about the manner in which he chose to protest, it was his lack of doing good things for the team performance wise.
I don’t think that’s part of the job or at least it shouldn’t be. If you have a player that has penalty after penalty or keeps hitting a QB late or with a cheap shot, then yes, get rid of him. But kneeling for the national anthem shouldn’t have those consequences.

I’m conservative but I can guarantee you if there was a conservative player kneeling because of something a liberal president did, conservatives would be screaming about his right to kneel.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:59 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
POTUS is an embarrassment to the boomer generation. Crook, con man, draft dodger and bigot..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies