Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 06:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
LIFETIME BOYCOTT here ,

The NFL is corporate crap these days

lots of other sports to follow
Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:28 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Once again, another idiot spills his guts on social media when he's in a high profile position.

When will they learn? Of course, he deleted the post instead of standing on it and backtracked after his post attracted scrutiny...these cowards always do.

Quote:

They always have friends of many colors AFTER they get caught! What a fraud.

Cecil No. 2 fire chief out of post following slur against Tomlin | Washington County News | Observer-Reporter

Here is the thing. I do not know what the ratio is but I can almost guarantee that the vast majority of people with such thoughts KNOW NOT TO MAKE THEM PUBLIC, if they value their careers. There is simply too much empirical evidence that making such statements on social media, TV, radio, etc.....will have repercussions.

People, manly whites, think racism has declined more than it really has because THEY DON'T HEAR racist people as much as they used to. Well.....that is because they know they cannot express their views publicly, unless they feel they cannot lose anything socially or professionally. However, that does not prevent them from having racist views or voting in such a way partly inspired by race or not considering a job candidate because their name sounds like they are black.

People think blacks are over blowing the issue of racism based upon them not seeing racism among whites. Well....how can you see it when it is censored? You do not see overt displays of racism on this forum either......because the post will be deleted and the poster given an infraction or banned. Now because we don't see racism being expressed, due to censor, people don't think it really exists or is a problem.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:29 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
This guy is a poster child for the Alt Right. He fits the mold perfectly.

Glad they stepped up and did the right thing by getting rid of him. Tomlin is far from what he called him, Tomlin is a gentleman and is well respected by everyone. Being from Pittsburgh originally, I am glad to see the city acted so fast in getting rid of this throwback to 1950 mentality,
Agree with you on this one, Tomlin's a good guy and a good coach.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:32 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Since when haven't people been obsessed about race?

I never had to worry about race until the first time I was called the "N" word, at the age of 11.
Well, it traumatized you to the point where you became obsessed about it and see it everywhere.

I knew a guy who actually believed the government was out to get him and was actively surveiling him. Some real life event may have made him paranoid as well.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:32 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,073 times
Good story except it isn't true.

"Sorry folks, that’s just not true. Jerry Jones never made that statement or anything even close to that. In fact, this whole story was made up by a man named Richie Newberry, who started spreading the lie on Facebook. "

Did Jerry Jones Order The Dallas Cowboys Players To Stand During The National Anthem? NO!!! « 98.7 KLUV

There's another one on FB that the NFL rulebook says players will stand during the national anthem. That one is false, too.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:34 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Good story except it isn't true.

"Sorry folks, that’s just not true. Jerry Jones never made that statement or anything even close to that. In fact, this whole story was made up by a man named Richie Newberry, who started spreading the lie on Facebook. "

Did Jerry Jones Order The Dallas Cowboys Players To Stand During The National Anthem? NO!!! « 98.7 KLUV

There's another one on FB that the NFL rulebook says players will stand during the national anthem. That one is false, too.
Have any Dallas players taken a knee during the anthem?

Old 09-27-2017, 06:34 AM

5,997 posts, read 3,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Jerry Jones is a hypocrite. The NFL is an anti American, leftist, PC league. However, their league, their rules. It is a private enterprise, and they can do what they want. For the first time in over fifty years I stopped watching. That's my right, and I am now OK with anything they do as I am NO LONGER A CUSTOMER.
I'm pretty sure they'll get over YOU not being a customer.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:35 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,090 times
He's likely referring to the boos and (sometimes racist) chants from the crowd that are directed at the players who kneel.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:38 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
People think blacks are over blowing the issue of racism based upon them not seeing racism among whites. Well....how can you see it when it is censored? You do not see overt displays of racism on this forum either......because the post will be deleted and the poster given an infraction or banned. Now because we don't see racism being expressed, due to censor, people don't think it really exists or is a problem.
So much this.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:38 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Back when Dennis Miller was funny he used to have a joke about Wheel of Fortune being the "Thunderdome for Chicklet heads in this society". I think now he would give Facebook that title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies