Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 06:54 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I suppose the answer would be "because they want to". We do know though that the NFL was paid off to do things like this by the government.

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/11/4/9...report-million

So...........make what you will of that. Is paid patriotism real patriotism?

It's all part of the recruiting budget for the Armed Force's.Your anti American spin isn't very good.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:00 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
I find it ironic that, as a form of peaceful protest, some NFL fans claim they no longer tune into football due to a handful of players peacefully protesting during the national anthem. Just out of spite I think I will protest the protesters of the original protesters. I am confident that my protest will clear things right up.

Just how weak is ones patriotism ... to allow a few players kneeling ... to keep someone from watching a game they enjoy?
I mean, the kneeling players went on to play the game. The show must go on. And it did. The product was no different because of a few kneeling players. I want to stress that point. The game was no different because of what happened during the anthem.
When the President of the United States says that these kneeling protesters should leave the country or be fired from their jobs I cannot help but hang my head in shame. To me that is the ultimate disrespect of our flag (country). In my opinion, the guy who represents us on the world stage just spat in the face of that rag tag bunch who gave the finger to the King of England. And the women who wanted a say. And those who no longer wanted to drink from separate drinking fountains. Or those that did not agree with the Vietnam war. And many other protesters, whether they were "successful" with their protests or not.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

It seems those highlighted parts no longer apply. Sad.
So these fans would watch games in which a convicted felon (Vick) plays but refuse to watch if several players exercise their First Amendment rights prior to the game?

Whatever.

But for the POTUS to call these men insulting names, say they should be fired, leave the country, ...

How low will Trump go before we all say enough is enough?

Old 09-23-2017, 07:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
You must be one of the Russian posters that help the trump campaign rig the election.
I voted Jill Stein. But you knew that.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:01 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,114 times
A lot of MAGA clowns live miserable lives and cherish NFL Sunday. So this is fascinating.

Someone post the gif of his wife reminding him to cover his heart during the anthem.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:03 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The NFL is quickly learning the same lesson as Hillary: call people "deplorable" and they don't like you. The NFL has politicized football.
Many of my friends are boycotting the NFL, and are just watching some college football if they watch at all. The prevailing attitude seems to be we just got our weekend back, and there are many other things to do that are more entertaining, and not politicized. People just want to get away from politics, and the day to day grind, relax, and be entertained.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:20 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
In a word, yes. I've been boycotting since last year.

I love football, but I'm not supporting black millionaires who play a game for that kind of money and complain by giving them ratings. We used to watch 3 games a week. Now I watch one team and only if the other team they are playing doesn't kneel. My team doesn't have anyone protesting. I turned off the game once already this season when the opposing team Browns knelt.

If those black football players want to kill their golden goose by insulting their country and their fans, they are as stupid as they act.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:24 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Good to read that Rs are turning away from football.

Guess watching men give each other traumatic brain injuries isn't as fun as it used to be when a few who still have their wits about them exercise their First Amendment rights.

Ain't that the berries.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:24 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Many of my friends are boycotting the NFL, and are just watching some college football if they watch at all. The prevailing attitude seems to be we just got our weekend back, and there are many other things to do that are more entertaining, and not politicized. People just want to get away from politics, and the day to day grind, relax, and be entertained.
Friends, right,maybe they are just saying that to you and watching anyway.Most people just don't watch the National Anthem.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:48 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's not going to save the NFL given the numerous other problems they have. Though I will say BOTH sides seem to be boycotting due to the whole Kapernick thing.

People are tired of billionaire drug dealers, wife beaters, dog killers, and cheaters like Tom Brady and deflate gate while they charge the peasants a fortune to watch their lousy game.

College football is ten times more exciting.
Tom Brady did not deflate game balls. He PROVED his innocence. You are a false accuser.

Incidentally, that is why I will never watch another game when Tom Brady retires... the NFL spent millions trying to crucify an innocent man.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:54 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Or, maybe the well-known slow decline in interest in the NFL thanks to years of them turning a blind eye towards things like: beating up your wife/fiance (Ray Rice), cheating to get into the Super Bowl (Deflate-gate), rehiring a blood-sport dog-fighting slimebag (Mike Vic), and the growing concussion scandal might be finally catching up to them.

I have no respect for a league that hands out worse punishments for not properly saluting the flag than it does for all the above listed horrible behavior; maybe America is slowly waking up that reality, too. Oh, that and maybe people are finding something better to do with 3 hours of their time than watch 15 minutes of real action in a 1-hour game be dragged out as long as possible.

If anything every does kill football in America, it'll be the actions of the NFL itself, not because of "dirty liberals."
The Patriots proved they did not deflate footballs. You are a false accuser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies