Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 03:15 PM

9,469 posts, read 10,797,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I just canceled my NFL Ticket with Directv. I paid over $350 every year for the past 20 years and I'm done with the NFL.
This is the attitude to have. Time to boycott the NFL and bring these people down. The owners, coachs and players all have one thing in common, rich and spoiled. If you don't respect the nation and your shoving your foolish far left politics in the customers face then you deserve to lose the customer. Some of these places had fans booing very loudly, fans clearly agitated. Next week let's see how many snowflake hippies buy thier tickets. Will hippies money keep the money flowing that these people are used too? I don't think so. Oh that's right the people who buy tickets and by premium sports channels are the ones who have jobs, contribute to society and generally hate this protester trash to begin with. Snowflake millenials and ghetto trash do not pay for NFL tickets and premium sports channels do they? Time to teach these idiots a lesson.

Boycott the NFL!

Old 09-24-2017, 03:16 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I recall people getting mad at Tim Tebow for kneeling also......."It doesn't belong in the game". "Do it on your own time".

Like with many things the hypocrisy runs wide and far.
Get a grip.

Who cared whether Tim Tebow took a knee or not?

Old 09-24-2017, 03:16 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The NFL is about 70% black. They make big bucks. If they were truly concerned about how blacks are treated by the police why is it they don't pool their money and fight it legally? I guess it is just easier for them to have someone else do it for them.
First off, protest are legal but I don't think you meant it that way.

Those they are protesting for had legal representation. It did very little good in many of the instances.

Let's take an easy one. Look at the instance with the nurse. He demanded she do something unconstitutional. His superior demanded she do something unconstitutional or she would get arrested.

Now if I demanded that you do something like this and refusing to do so, I physically restrained you and forcibly held you against your will, I am getting arrested. The police should not be above the laws they hold us to.

The police force seems to be acknowledging the point. Why hasn't he been arrested and charged?

Old 09-24-2017, 03:18 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
It is amazing how sheep pickup on the word "dotard" that a North Korean dictator uses that wants to destroy us. Maybe they should go visit North Korea with a one way ticket.
I agree. They are so obsessed with their hatred of President Trump that it clouds their rationale to the degree they would hand our country over to someone like Kim. Their hatred for the United States of America has gone beyond any reasoning.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:18 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,622 times
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1141629&type=3

Old 09-24-2017, 03:19 PM

276 posts, read 178,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Nobody likes police killing any unarmed people regardless of their skin color.

And most of us don't like people hating our flag. The same flag that is draped over the casket of dead soldiers who fight to preserve our freedom to earn millions playing football.

There are other ways to display your hatred of cops.
This. Kneeling during the national anthem = "i hatr America"

Old 09-24-2017, 03:20 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Exactly! These idiots don't understand politics. Hillary still doesn't understand "What Happened". But NFL fans all over the country are speaking out.

It's time to contact the NFL TV advertisers like Verizon, Toyota, Ford, Chevy and McDonalds.

Yep. Let those advertisers know what you think.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:20 PM

27,151 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars kneeling at Wembley Stadium, London.

Donald Trump calls for NFL boycott as players at Wembley stage biggest kneel protest yet - Telegraph

NFL protest comes to Wembley as players kneel during national anthem in defiance of Donald Trump - Mirror Online

NFL players kneel for anthem in unprecedented defiance of Trump - Guardian

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-24-2017 at 03:29 PM..

Old 09-24-2017, 03:21 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Get a grip.

Who cared whether Tim Tebow took a knee or not?
Those that complained.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:23 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
And JJ Watt did that on his own time, didn't he? Your statement is the one filled with hypocrisy, because JJ Watt was not protesting anything. Only if you like to see people suffer, would you dislike what Watt did. Is that how you feel?
I agree, wasn't anywhere near the same deal. A lot of people here don't have a problem with protests, just doing it on the field just doesn't seem like the right place or time. These guys are basically on the clock working for someone else. The average working man doing a job isn't protesting on the company's dime. That's where I take some umbrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies