Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:09 PM

993 posts, read 767,151 times

Advertisements

Trump, who attacked a gold star family is now the defender of the flag that draped their son's casket? And demeaned one of the most public & respected POW's - Sen McCain.

Trump has hi-jacked civility, morality, humanity, and civil rights by baiting us all. The flag is the very symbol of the freedom that the US represents. He has hi-jacked our sacred symbol.

I come from three generations of Naval officers. Family who fought in WWI, WWII, Korean War and Vietnam. Old guard Republicans. They would be horrified by this bone spur president whose five deferments led him to fight his "own personal Vietnam" avoiding STDs while grabbing women's genitals.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:10 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

I agree but this whole thing would have been over before it started if the Trump hand't turned it into a political issue, he's a child in a man's body. He taunts like a 9 year old school yard bully would. He engages in a war of words with his mini-me in North Korea and between the two of them they threaten every human being in the world with annihilation.

Trump wants to have his nose in everything he loves chaos and likes to stir things up. He knows exactly how to play people too and they fall for it every time. Not to mention as you said he keep people talking about things other then starting WW3.

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Who cares what this guy says???..., he didn't nor does he have the balls to say it to the coaches face. Typical.

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
I like Mike Tomlin. And I am not even a Steelers' fan.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Tomlin is an ass. He made that player apologize for coming out onto the field and respecting the anthem. The guy is a vet no less. It seems Tomlin only wants it one way, no room for someone to have a different opinion. Even Rothlesberger came out saying it was a mistake what they did. Division is starting in the locker rooms.

Before you get your manties in a bundle, this is what Tomlin said:

On Monday, Villanueva apologized for unintentionally throwing his team under the bus. Tomlin said Villanueva did not need to issue such an apology.

“I don’t know why Villanueva was apologizing. He had nothing to apologize for. I guess he feels like he brought this upon us somehow and that’s a shame,” Tomlin said.

He didn't *make* his player do anything.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:11 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
not really

pointing out that millionaires are politicizing sports and protesting over total lies and exaggeration isn't really Political correctness.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:12 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
He's not sorry he said it, he's just sorry he got caught and that he no longer lives in a world where he could have gotten away with it.
Sort of like Anthony Weiner?

May be a bad comparison but do people even think anymore before they post things online and not envision the repercussions that will follow?

Old 09-26-2017, 12:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Tomlin is an ass. He made that player apologize for coming out onto the field and respecting the anthem. The guy is a vet no less. It seems Tomlin only wants it one way, no room for someone to have a different opinion. Even Rothlesberger came out saying it was a mistake what they did. Division is starting in the locker rooms.
Mike Golic explained this. To win you must be a team and all be on the same page. He said he would have done whatever the team had decided to do in the locker room whether he agreed or not. He explained how there may have been a heated disagreement over what to do but once agreed upon you held together as a team.

Personally I would not have said anything in the media about what happened. The bigger question now is, I wonder who will be the new Fire Chief?

Old 09-26-2017, 12:17 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Sort of like Anthony Weiner?

May be a bad comparison but do people even think anymore before they post things online and not envision the repercussions that will follow?
Well, at least Weiner had the excuse of thinking with his little head. (no, that's not really an excuse and this progressive is very happy to see Weiner heading off to prison for his criminal activity!)

This guy? What part of his anatomy was he thinking with?

Old 09-26-2017, 12:17 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I agree but this whole thing would have been over before it started if the Trump hand't turned it into a political issue, he's a child in a man's body. He taunts like a 9 year old school yard bully would. He engages in a war of words with his mini-me in North Korea and between the two of them they threaten every human being in the world with annihilation.
Fine, Trump is the baby. So I guess the NFL and NFL players need to put their big boy/girl pants and stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies