Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:23 AM

882 posts, read 689,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Once again this controversy has nothing to do with the national anthem. This is an artificial controversy stated by Trump to gin up his compliant base. Most thinking people know this nothing more than a political move by Trump and that is why even the owners are giving the middle finger to Trump. Unfortunately, Trump's base are automatons who take their marching orders from him and follow blindly.
Trump wasn't even the President when Kaepernick started kneeling. What are you talking about? It started well before Trump.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:23 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
No, you're moving goalposts. All Cowboys have stood for the anthem. That is a fact that you can't seem to cope with.
I am fine with that, and I think it's what they should do (even though I support their right not to).

What you can't seem to cope with is that the team did a protest, on the field. Whatever happened to "they are there to entertain us" and "I'm so tired of all these entitled millionaires"?

You may not have said those quotes (?), but SO MANY have. Trump has insinuated it. Jerry Jones thumbed his nose at everyone who said that.

Honestly, can you not see that? I concede your point, they stood for the anthem. Why can't you acknowledge that even the Cowboys stook in unison with those protesting. As others have said, it's not a protest of the flag, nor the anthem.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:24 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
That's because they don't trust you.

I'm a minority so I have befriended them in college..

they definite;y have strong words for the racism they receive/received from White America.
I'm sorry but I'm not going to believe that Asians, the most affluent members of America, are going to secretly discuss with blacks their accounts and feelings about racist America while keeping these sentiments completely hidden from all members of the white segment of society. Forgive me if I do not believe that. So, since my original questions and viewpoints apparently are not going to be honestly addressed, that concludes this conversation.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:24 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Awareness for what? I do not think half of the guys doing it even know what they are doing it for? The whole thing lost whatever message it was supposed to have when it became a circus.
So players are going to kneel for the anthem for how long? Until what happens? Until not one person feels any racism towards themselves? Does that include white people? Or can racism against Whites remain because its not "real" or they "deserve it"??
Exactly when do people stand again?
haha.. I bet this is exactly how folks sounded with the Bus boycotts.

How long? Does it include white people? When do they ride again?

Old 09-27-2017, 08:25 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
My biggest question about folks who are against kneeling for the anthem:

How can you say in one breathe that you are against kneeling because it is disrespectful to the troops and those who have fallen....

Yet you support Trump, a man who disrespected a POW in McCain. "I like people who weren't captured." That is unbelievably disrespectful, yet many Trump supporters cheered Trump when he said it.

Many Trump supporters take issue with football players silently and peacefully protesting a social issue that is important to them because they feel it disrespects the troops and fallen soldiers. But when Trump disrespects a POW for no reason at all other than to be cruel, Trump supporters don't have an issue with it.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:25 AM

882 posts, read 689,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Did they refuse to visit the south when those states flew the confederate flag right next to old glory? There was not bigger threat to the flag than the confederacy, which actually went to war against the flag, yet, how many of these types refused to visit the south?
WTF? Do you think we can stay on topic?

Old 09-27-2017, 08:26 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
I'm just curious how your moral compass works.

The NFL has had numerous domestic abuse issues involving wife/girlfriend beaters, a dog killer, multiple DUIs, players with illegal firearms, and players involved with killings, and yet you still watched football. And yet, if someone protests the national anthem, now you're so appalled you will no longer watch the games. Why?
if these players are committing these crimes, off the field, then that is a problem for law enforcement to deal with, and they should.

but when these same player get on the field and start up with the politics, that is forcing me to deal with their politics, and i do enough of that on these forums. when i turn on a sports program, i dont want to be inundated with political bull crap. you have a problem with trump? fine, take it to the talk shows where they are wiling to deal with that issue. but it has always been my stance that you dont bring your politics into your workplace, and the football field is their workplace and politics has no place there.

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
I agree with this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfObia8aUZY

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I had plenty of civics courses in college. Enough to know that it is indeed a free speech issue. Mmmmkay?
Yu must have failed or had a really bad teacher. You don't have free speech at work. In this case the NFL and owners are allowing it which will definitely get out of control and they won't be able to reign it in easily. But try and protest every day at your job and see what happens.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:27 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
haha.. I bet this is exactly how folks sounded with the Bus boycotts.

How long? Does it include white people? When do they ride again?
So when? There was a specific goal for the bus boycotts.. that blacks could be equal and sit with whites.
What is the end goal here?
Also, exactly what is racist about our country or its laws?
Racism is individual and individuals thoughts. Our country is not racist by any means. And do not say Donald Trump. He is blip in our countries radar. Unless, this is all stemming from him. If so, just say that. They are kneeling because DJT is President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies