Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:18 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times

Advertisements

Basically he called a black guy a ****** because he didn't approve of what he did. There is no proof that Tomlin uses the word himself but even if he does, so what?

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Oh Please.. Kneeling for our anthem has nothing to do with police brutality against blacks either.. that does not stop all these people from defending it for 3,000 posts.. LOL..
Our anthem/our freedom AND police shooting minorities = nothing in common

Why not advocate for better police training? Go into these cities where you believe the problem is and donate to better programs for police training.. maybe mandatory continuing education classes for Police etc..
Agree that these rich spoiled democrat protestors should do something productive for whatever their protests are about -- But unfortunately democrats have made it trendy now to be anti-American so they get their fifteen minutes of fame and attention without actually accomplishing anything positive......

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
If you're going to complain about everything these athletes are doing and the NFL for allowing them to do it, but watching the games anyway, then you're a total hypocrite.
I think this is the same as all the Hollywood whackadoos.

If you want to enjoy any of this, you'll have to divorce the performance from the person.

If you cannot do that, yeah...don't watch.

I also don't believe for one second that people would have been ok with these guys protesting the same issue on their own time in a different way.

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why is this such a big concern is the question. Because I don't care what black people do. None of my business, but why does white America care so much about what blacks do?
Because they want control over it.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:19 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Lots of things to do instead

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
The guy says that Chris Rock stated it best when he said that no white man in America would trade places with him despite the fact that he is rich. Well, of course there are countless white men who would trade places with Chris Rock. Probably many millions. That doesn't tell me anything.

I do not know exactly, precisely what the problem is. I do not know exactly what is being protested. There is racism to some level or another in this country but I wonder why Asians do not complain about anti Asian racism. Persons of Asian ethnicity fought against America in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam and I would think if anything would provoke racism, that would. So is there racism against Asian-Americans worthy of their protesting? If not, we should ask: why not?

For decades I have been saying that blacks need to join-up with the larger culture. If they don't, they will always be on the outside looking in. And in the case of blacks, unfortunately that often means on the outside in violent, substandard neighborhoods with single parent households. That's the reality, is it not? Even those citizens do not deserve to face racism, but it becomes difficult for members of the larger culture to automatically dismiss a feeling of angst harbored for individuals when there are negative statistics pertaining to their particular ethnicity. The problem has no end when persons voluntarily decide that they would rather be on the outside looking in, especially where, and how they live on the outside.
Everyone that is treated in a racist way should just shut up about it. Is that what you are saying?

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Once again this controversy has nothing to do with the national anthem. This is an artificial controversy stated by Trump to gin up his compliant base. Most thinking people know this nothing more than a political move by Trump and that is why even the owners are giving the middle finger to Trump. Unfortunately, Trump's base are automatons who take their marching orders from him and follow blindly.
It has nothing at all to do with Trump. Anyone making it about him is lost and are making excuses. He's entitle to his opinion just like the NFL is entitled to theirs where they think this is all a good idea where it rubs at least half of the fans the wrong way. This all started before Trump BTW. It all started with Mike Brown, which is ludicrous that they would use a violent criminal as their basis for their juvenile thought.

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Do you understood what "building awareness" means?
lmao, he/she basically described Kapernicks platform and reason for the kneel down.

I guess it sounds better when they say it though.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:20 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Sports can’t do without fans if they count on them for financial support. Fans can live without sports, if those in the sports flip them off. The method they chose to protest was at best, misguided. The sport in question has/had a rule in place that should have allowed them to squash any future problems, but they chose to ignore their own rule. Most People in this country prefer to live by the rules. It makes for a more peaceful exisistence.
It might have been misguided, but it got people talking. People are picking sides. And the fans leaving will garner even more attention, from team owners and higher ups in the NFL. Some players will get fired. But with the CFL and other football leagues looking for players, I don't think it will stop future players from pulling this stuff.

And the NFL has no rule about kneeling during the national anthem. That is up to the team owners.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:21 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
This is how a real 'murican shows respect for the flag

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKnD34kXkAYgDm4.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies