Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:28 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Awareness for what? I do not think half of the guys doing it even know what they are doing it for? The whole thing lost whatever message it was supposed to have when it became a circus.
So players are going to kneel for the anthem for how long? Until what happens? Until not one person feels any racism towards themselves? Does that include white people? Or can racism against Whites remain because its not "real" or they "deserve it"??
Exactly when do people stand again?
Hey, just because you have no idea what's going on doesn't mean they don't know. The only circus is the one that the cons have made themselves.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:28 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yu must have failed or had a really bad teacher. You don't have free speech at work. In this case the NFL and owners are allowing it which will definitely get out of control and they won't be able to reign it in easily. But try and protest every day at your job and see what happens.
Exactly.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:29 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not going to believe that Asians, the most affluent members of America, are going to secretly discuss with blacks their accounts and feelings about racist America while keeping these sentiments completely hidden from all members of the white segment of society. So, since my original questions and viewpoints apparently are not going to be honestly addressed, that concludes this conversation.
of course you won't believe it.

it's not a secret. There's usually a white person present who is trusted and like minded when these discussions are going on.

You really think money cures all? Do you not remember the "ching chong" dig that got the chubby white woman in hot water? Asians deal with a lot of racism. Racism from all sides too. I saw an Asian go in on a friend of mine when he was called a *****. We had no idea it was a racial slur at the time but after he lobbed one back and explained why it was understood.

A lot of Asians will keep it to themselves because they don't like to draw attention but if you actually were friends with any of them and had real conversations and peeled back a few layers you will definitely find out how they feel about the racism in America.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People who protest publicly will make alot of people angry. And the whole point of a protest is to get attention.
Ruby didn't even protest and she sure made a lot of people angry. It goes to show that those who say "protest the right way" are simply saying "shut up and get to the back of the bus".

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Once again this controversy has nothing to do with the national anthem. This is an artificial controversy stated by Trump to gin up his compliant base. Most thinking people know this nothing more than a political move by Trump and that is why even the owners are giving the middle finger to Trump. Unfortunately, Trump's base are automatons who take their marching orders from him and follow blindly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Trump wasn't even the President when Kaepernick started kneeling. What are you talking about? It started well before Trump.
TreeBeard, it started with the Big Lie of Ferguson and now jobless Kaepernick and of course Obama stirring the race pot as democrat politicians always do.... "Hands up, don't shoot"

The lie of Ferguson sparked the Democrats to riot in the streets and assassinate cops around the country. Blaming white people for black people dropping out of school, doing drugs, and turning to crime is the left’s MO.

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This is an artificial controversy started by Trump to gin up his base. Trump gets a pass from his base for his incendiary comments that started this whole mess. Just like the NK tweets, if Trump kept his mouth shut there would be no controversy. But Trump thrives on discord, division and disunity. That is his MO.

Expect more pf this type controversy in the future. This is the president. This is Trump.
Like I said before, this is about garnering attention. Trump is looking for any opportunity to be a petulant nutcase. He is giving his fan base what they want to hear. Granted, his petulant, bigoted, crazy demeanor, this is just the way he is. He does whatever he wants to do, and doesn't apologize for it, no matter how wrong it is.

I would expect controversy period. As it relates to the NFL, this started out as a protest against police brutality. Instead, it is becoming about who is patriotic and who isn't. Many people are using this as a reason to complain about Blacks, albeit in a roundabout way. Sides have been taken, in terms of political ideology and race. It's getting people talking.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:31 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,530,629 times
This is truly a country of idiots. Trump IS exactly what we deserve. No surprise Alabama would elect a law breaking, racist, and homophobe for senate. The NFL will do just fine without the support of these self righteous losers.

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
So when? There was a specific goal for the bus boycotts.. that blacks could be equal and sit with whites.
What is the end goal here?
You listed them yourself.

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why is this such a big concern is the question. Because I don't care what black people do. None of my business, but why does white America care so much about what blacks do?
This outrage is due to the fact that the Black man is not being submissive to the White man. Notice how these same posters had no issue with White Supremacists screaming, "Jew will not replace us." No issue with that kind of protest but a Black man 'standing up' is not to be tolerated. The only good thing I can find out of this is that I now know what people of color have known all along.

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
I'm just curious how your moral compass works.

The NFL has had numerous domestic abuse issues involving wife/girlfriend beaters, a dog killer, multiple DUIs, players with illegal firearms, and players involved with killings, and yet you still watched football. And yet, if someone protests the national anthem, now you're so appalled you will no longer watch the games. Why?
Maybe because in most of those cases the league did not sanction the behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies