Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 03:28 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
People talk about Black cops like they can't be part of the problem. Black cops can be just as bad as white cops or Latino cops.
Of course they can, so why is it always framed as racist white cops mowing down poor innocent black victims?

Old 10-03-2017, 03:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Baltimore? First off you need to stop watching The Wire because FYI that's a fictional television series. Secondly it's just as many black cops as white cops, including the ones that roughed up the perp in the police transport.
I have never made it about race. What is going on in Baltimore has nothing to do with a television show.

Quote:
Incidents of civil rights being violated are few and far between. Corrupt police departments like Fergusson need to be disbanded and have been. Any cop who is proven to plant evidence is subject to termination in all PD's.
Words. The officers were not terminated. I am supporting the protests until they are. The corrupt police forces have not been disbanded. Odd that the question. Is asked "what do the protesters want, no police"? And here you are saying that should be a part of the solution.

Quote:
Police should be held accountable, the vast majority are.
They rarely have been. We are finally seeing some accountability. It's because of the protests.

Quote:
But we also need to look at the other side, the population needs to understand COMPLIANCE. When stopped and given an order by a police officer, you need to comply. That goes for black, white, yellow, brown, everybody. When you don't follow police orders bad things are guaranteed to happen
Not when that order is a violation of ones civil rights. NO the nurse should NOT have gave in. We need to insist that police officers understand civil rights and never ask one to violate them.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not when that order is a violation of ones civil rights. NO the nurse should NOT have gave in. We need to insist that police officers understand civil rights and never ask one to violate them.
You deal with the civil rights AFTER the alleged violation. Resisting is a great way to get shot and that will never nor should never change. Police must take all appropriate actions to safeguard their safety and the safety of others in the area, courts have consistently upheld this

Old 10-03-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
You deal with the civil rights AFTER the alleged violation. Resisting is a great way to get shot and that will never nor should never change. Police must take all appropriate actions to safeguard their safety and the safety of others in the area, courts have consistently upheld this
NO. NO YOU DO NOT. You demand that they stop doing it. You can't take back the violation of the man's civil rights in court. The courts have also ruled that a citizen may protect themselves up to and including lethal force in an unlawful arrest.

Is it not better that the police are trained to simply do things right?

Old 10-03-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
NO. NO YOU DO NOT. You demand that they stop doing it.
Going to be hard to demand anything from the morgue

Old 10-03-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Going to be hard to demand anything from the morgue
Nurse Wubbells is alive.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:06 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
bigots? What an odd thought.

If football players don't respect the country, why wouldn't it make sense that a significant percentage of people who do (especially those who served) tune out. (especially if they weren't rabid fans to begin with)

I tuned out on baseball (for several years) when they went on strike in the 90s. Tuned out on pro football in the 80s when the Oilers left Houston.

What kind of odd duck would equate racism with whether or not someone is tired of watching a game that offers an inferior product (than it used to) & tries to inject politics into entertainment?

Stopped watching the Academy Awards 12-15 years ago to (when Shakespere in Love won over Private Ryan). Sometimes a consumer just needs a little push to move them to another product.
Those fools don't care about you not watching the Academy Awards. I've never watched them and they still keep giving awards to the wrong people.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:33 PM

1,875 posts, read 650,616 times
Quote:
Again....for I do not know how many times......it's not about Kaepernick.
As I stated in previous posts -- ideas needs the human agency to exist and propagate.

That means if it is not ALL about Kaepernick, then by virtue of the need of that human agency, Kaepernick must be PARTIALLY responsible. If you use your social status and prominence to propagate an idea, then at least it is partially about you.

You are essentially saying to the audience: 'Look at me, an important figure in society, and if I say X is notable, you should listen to what I say.'

Supposedly, Springsteen never allowed any of his music to be used in any commercial despite over the decades he received offers in the million$ per song.

Supposedly, floating on the Internet is a letter -- with profane language -- from ( James Bond ) Connery to ( Apple ) Jobs refusing endorsement offers.

Why do you think that is if the person does not matter ? A person has a persona and as the degree of social prominence rises, so does his/her influence. At least that is the belief. So whether the idea is about selling computers or dog food, that persona and that person matters.

Kaepernick has effectively said: 'If I endorse this idea -- that the US is oppressive towards minorities -- so should YOU.'

Since Kaepernick made the issue personal, you are wrong. It is ALSO about Kaepernick.

Quote:
And still you refuse to comment on what is going on with the Baltimore police Dept.

Why is that?
Why should I ? I do not and have never lived in Baltimore. Neither has Kaepernick based on public info.

But Kaepernick and I share one common residence -- the US.

Since he chose to cast the entirety of the country in one particular negative light, I have the right to respond.

Do I have that right ? Or is this a blacks only issue ?

As an Asian-American, I am a minority. Even though Asian-Americans as a demographic we have not experienced bigotry to the same degree that blacks have historically in the US, we have enough victims of our own that fully qualified us to speak on the same racial issues that blacks can.

You want me to condemn BPD ? Sure, I can do that...

'Bad BPD. Bad BPD.'

Did that helped ?

Old 10-03-2017, 05:37 PM

1,875 posts, read 650,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, the constitution gives us certain freedoms other people dont have
Am not talking about the US Constitution. Am talking about defiling symbols in general.

Do YOU approve of defiling symbols significance to Americans, but disapprove of doing to the same for foreigners ?

Old 10-03-2017, 05:45 PM

587 posts, read 305,028 times
LIFTIME BOYCOTT HERE
Most those guys grew up middle-class,&nbsp; went to nice colleges on scholarship ,<br>
live in 10 million dollar estates,driving Ferraris, all the Women they want. and have VIP fame.. I&apos;m thinking what a bunch of losers they all are ! Call all their sponsors and ask them to withdraw...NFL showed its guts and true feelings,

we will see which sponsors support these losers because they will prove to all they are losers too

Then I'll boycott them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies