Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 02:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
No one will even LOOK at the issue when you spit on the flag. Symbols are important, especially in the United States. It's what we stand for in unity for a common goal. When you break that unity you are doing much more than lowering yourself two feet. The fact that this needs to be explained to hundreds of thousands of social justice warriors is extremely troubling for the future of our country
Kneeling is not, nor has it ever been disrespectful.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I have no problem discussing the issue, lost in all this is what exactly are you trying to get out of the protest.

No more police?
What exactly is wrong with wanting the police held accountable when they do wrong? Why do we make excuses for them when they violate our civil rights?

Any opinion on what is going on in Baltimore with their police.force?

If an officer is caught planting evidence, should that not bring charges and a termination?

Old 10-03-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm confused. Do police act in a brutal manner at football games?
You make yourself look really ignorant when you do this

Old 10-03-2017, 02:44 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The issue is police brutality.
No more police?
"People want to end police brutality, I guess no more police then."

I don't share your pessimism

Old 10-03-2017, 02:48 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You make yourself look really ignorant when you do this
First, before calling me ignorant check your punctuation. Second of all what makes a professional football game a good place for a racial protest?

Old 10-03-2017, 02:53 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:
First, before calling me ignorant check your punctuation.
You missed a comma, I think.

Quote:
Second of all what makes a professional football game a good place for a racial protest?
Millions of people watch?

Also, why did you change the subject?

Old 10-03-2017, 03:06 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What exactly is wrong with wanting the police held accountable when they do wrong? Why do we make excuses for them when they violate our civil rights?

Any opinion on what is going on in Baltimore with their police.force?

If an officer is caught planting evidence, should that not bring charges and a termination?
Baltimore? First off you need to stop watching The Wire because FYI that's a fictional television series. Secondly it's just as many black cops as white cops, including the ones that roughed up the perp in the police transport.

Incidents of civil rights being violated are few and far between. Corrupt police departments like Fergusson need to be disbanded and have been. Any cop who is proven to plant evidence is subject to termination in all PD's.

Police should be held accountable, the vast majority are.

But we also need to look at the other side, the population needs to understand COMPLIANCE. When stopped and given an order by a police officer, you need to comply. That goes for black, white, yellow, brown, everybody. When you don't follow police orders bad things are guaranteed to happen

Old 10-03-2017, 03:11 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,738 times
Quote:
First, before calling me ignorant check your punctuation. Second of all what makes a professional football game a good place for a racial protest?
What makes an NFL game a good place to protest? Black men with a modicum of money and influence work there and they have a large audience watching what they're doing. As we see, this has been one of the most effective protests of the entire BLM movement.

What made you look ignorant wasn't your use of the language but your use of stale rhetorical tricks. In this case a big fat red herring.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I didn't call you names. You make yourself look even more ignorant by asking a question that has been addressed countless times right here in this thread.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:24 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
Quote:
Baltimore? First off you need to stop watching The Wire because FYI that's a fictional television series. Secondly it's just as many black cops as white cops, including the ones that roughed up the perp in the police transport.

Incidents of civil rights being violated are few and far between. Corrupt police departments like Fergusson need to be disbanded and have been. Any cop who is proven to plant evidence is subject to termination in all PD's.

Police should be held accountable, the vast majority are.

But we also need to look at the other side, the population needs to understand COMPLIANCE. When stopped and given an order by a police officer, you need to comply. That goes for black, white, yellow, brown, everybody. When you don't follow police orders bad things are guaranteed to happen
People talk about Black cops like they can't be part of the problem. Black cops can be just as bad as white cops or Latino cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies