Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 07:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Excellent point. What about all of those guest workers? Aren't they enough to pick the crops or will crops rot without exploiting illegals?
No, there aren't enough and until they fix the problems with the program there won't be enough.
U.S. Farmers Risk Losing Everything Because Of Absurd Immigration Procedures | HuffPost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 07:17 PM

17,343 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
Illegal immigrants in México coming from Central America from my perspective are neither alien nor foreigners nor ilegal, they are from my perspective Celtral Ámerican Mexicans. for 300 year Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, were ruled from Mexico city and they got independent with us and formed part of Mexico until USA started to push their masonic movement to Split it from México.

From my part this is divine Justice that they who are emigrating away from the chaos that USA caused there are finding their way to the Nation which promised them a better future out of Mexico. That is why we in México give money to beggar Central Americans in our streets who are moving North to the Border. Either way they we will be benefited if they succed to cross the border they will find Justice in the country which caused pain there in their own nations, and they will be grateful to mexicans who help them to reach their goal, if they are not successful in crossing they will settle in the cities of the border increasing the mexican population there.
If this is the case, then perhaps the U.S. should think about annexing at least Baja California for reparation for feeding, housing, and educating the good people of Mexico who wish to live in this country. Those people could even vote on the matter. If annexed, the people who live in Baja would all become American citizens and there would be no need for them to immigrate here and break our laws doing so. They would gradually and successfully assimilate into American society as millions of Mexicans already have and continue to do in just a couple of generations.
Part of the immigration problem would be solved and there would be a shorter border between the two countries. It's a win win. Mexico loses about 3 million people that it can't take care of and the U.S. gets 3 million hard working good people that want to work and be Americans. The U.S. also gets another 2000 miles of beautiful coastline and access to the Gulf of California.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:17 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Thank you.

And screw any healthy American who wants welfare but won't work in the fields. I did it, from age 11 to 26--- And I've always been semi-crippled, even as a child. Why should I have to do it but they don't?????
oh God..and I walked 10 miles in the snow to school when I was five. Seriously, 99% of the people on welfare are women with children, do you really think they are capable of doing stoop labor? Do you think that welfare kids should be required to do farm labor when it's illegal for other kids under 14 to work? Who will take them to the fields, or should they walk? Should they carry their babies on their back or do you think the Government should provide childcare?

Old 08-10-2017, 07:23 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
My Uncle owns a farm in update NY. I was actually up at his farm this past weekend.
He has hired all American workers to help on the farm and he himself works on the farm (picking crops, feeding cows etc.) even though he is a retired multi millionaire from NYC area.
I asked him if the farm makes any money (as this is a retirement hobby more than a career) and he said that surprisingly the farm makes money.
Surprising, since the people he employs probably are paid well for farm standards.
Dug up a few onions while I was there, boy they were delicious!
Everything makes money here in NY!!!! 😀

Old 08-10-2017, 07:23 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Oh you most certainly can compare one good to another. You can compare whatever you want. Open your mind.
No, I'm not going to "open my mind" when it comes to this particular subject. You cannot compare durable to non-durable goods. Food is a non-durable good. It is something you consume, you eat food. it is not meant to be kept that long. Hence, why most people will complain when the prices on it go up. Cars, iPhones, those goods have utility over a long period of time. For example, my father bought a car in 1988. That car lasted until 2008. A Nintendo 64 that he bought me for my birthday back in the 1990s still works today. Durable goods. People are willing to shell out a large amount of money for a car if it means that car is of good quality. Why? It's a long term investment. People are not willing to pay large sums of money for short term goods, especially if you have to keep buying those goods over and over.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:24 PM

736 posts, read 353,685 times
It's not about the crops that people care about, but the hotel, janitors, restaurant workerr, and other low level jobs that illegals have taken over. Big business are pushing this farming and crop narrative in order to protect their slave work force in non farming industries.

If farmers want seasonal legal workers, then perhaps those farmers should ask for modification in farm visas or H-A2 to take into account things like housing, number of workers needed, and other variables that can changed from season to season.

Farming and other industries that use illegal immigrants are unregulated. It's time to end this and force companies and farmers to use the legal method of hiring workers.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:26 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Wait...I thought illegals were taking our jobs, and murdering and raping our people...

You mean...they just wanted to pick fruit for crap pay in extreme heat 6 days a week?!

Think that's all they get?

"the costs of education, police and fire, medical, and subsidized housing can total $24,000 per year in government spending per family, much more than would be paid in taxes."

LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years | Fox News

Old 08-10-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No, I'm not going to "open my mind" when it comes to this particular subject. You cannot compare durable to non-durable goods. Food is a non-durable good. It is something you consume, you eat food. it is not meant to be kept that long. Hence, why most people will complain when the prices on it go up. Cars, iPhones, those goods have utility over a long period of time. For example, my father bought a car in 1988. That car lasted until 2008. A Nintendo 64 that he bought me for my birthday back in the 1990s still works today. Durable goods. People are willing to shell out a large amount of money for a car if it means that car is of good quality. Why? It's a long term investment. People are not willing to pay large sums of money for short term goods, especially if you have to keep buying those goods over and over.
They said the same thing about gas prices and oil. Then the oil prices crash and made the high expense of developing alternative energy sources for oil and gas non cost effective. I will take a wait and see approach. Personally, I would rather pay more for produce harvested by legal workers. Legal workers being H-A2 or Americans. The farm trick might have worked in the past, but now politicians, farmers, and big business that support illegal workers don't get the benefit the doubt.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Think that's all they get?

"the costs of education, police and fire, medical, and subsidized housing can total $24,000 per year in government spending per family, much more than would be paid in taxes."

LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years | Fox News
Business want the cheaper labor force at expense of tax payers who pay for other expenses such as housing, education, food, healthcare, and so forth.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:55 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
If this is the case, then perhaps the U.S. should think about annexing at least Baja California for reparation for feeding, housing, and educating the good people of Mexico who wish to live in this country. Those people could even vote on the matter. If annexed, the people who live in Baja would all become American citizens and there would be no need for them to immigrate here and break our laws doing so. They would gradually and successfully assimilate into American society as millions of Mexicans already have and continue to do in just a couple of generations.
Part of the immigration problem would be solved and there would be a shorter border between the two countries. It's a win win. Mexico loses about 3 million people that it can't take care of and the U.S. gets 3 million hard working good people that want to work and be Americans. The U.S. also gets another 2000 miles of beautiful coastline and access to the Gulf of California.

Hard working, good people don't break laws and take from others what doesn't belong to them. No thanks on annexation. Many Mexicans don't assimilate and that would just dilute our own culture. What benefit would it be to us to allow 3 million poor and needy people to be absorbed into our society that can't even make it in Mexico?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies