Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 04:05 PM

35,080 posts, read 17,043,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And given that this was the 1950s, I'm sure a Black kid going to an all-White school during that time might have been subjected to some of the same treatment. The 50s were not that great of a time. I'm sorry about what happened to that teacher. Here is the thing. If the only reason you bring this is up it to justify you own disdain for Blacks, then quit wasting time and just admit how you really feel.

As for expulsion and criminal prosecution, this stuff has happened before. I'm sure there are people in prison who have assaulted teachers and students.
The attacks shown in the OP and in my recent post really happened. They weren't invented by a racist.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The attacks shown in the OP and in my recent post really happened. They weren't invented by a racist.
Except I was not talking about the OP or your post. I was talking about that individual. I figure the person I responded to was saying what he said just to vent anger towards Blacks. Why else say this? Now, if we are to talk about the attack in Milwaukee and what you posted, that is a different matter.

If someone comes here with the motive of "see, this is why we don't want Blacks going to school with us", then it becomes a problem. The whole reason of discussing this particular event becomes moot when someone else comes with the agenda that I mentioned.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:29 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
He should be tried as an adult. If not he'll be out when he's in his twenties, still young but even stronger. The way he stood over the teacher and continued to mouth at him while he was down, you can tell he's a bully who's gotten away with beating people before. Keep him in jail until he's middle-aged. You know he probably has no father and his mom is a bum.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
He should be tried as an adult. If not he'll be out when he's in his twenties, still young but even stronger. The way he stood over the teacher and continued to mouth at him while he was down, you can tell he's a bully who's gotten away with beating people before. Keep him in jail until he's middle-aged. You know he probably has no father and his mom is a bum.
Who raised hi>

Old 01-13-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Who raised hi>
His grandmother perhaps. Or an aunt. Who knows.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
His grandmother perhaps. Or an aunt. Who knows.
Did anyone?

Old 01-13-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Did anyone?
I don't know. All we know is that a student punched a teacher in the head. No normal student does this. A violent, angry person does this.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't know how bad the whole violence issue is in Milwaukee, but recently I came across this video, regarding Chicago.
And Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGk...VA1Q9eBq1yS-a-
A few videos about Milwaukee's inner city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk9UfRXW6pk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWgCgmDnwhk

Quote from the Gangland video, by Jerry Stojkovic:

"In some areas of the city, despair is normative. If you talk to gang members, young people who are 14,15, 16, and you ask them 'where do you see yourself at 30?'. They laugh. They don't see themselves living to 30".

Old 01-13-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
A few videos about Milwaukee's inner city.

Quote:
I don't know. All we know is that a student punched a teacher in the head. No normal student does this. A violent, angry person does this.
Quote from the Gangland video, by Jerry Stojkovic:

"In some areas of the city, despair is normative. If you talk to gang members, young people who are 14,15, 16, and you ask them 'where do you see yourself at 30?'. They laugh. They don't see themselves living to 30".
Do any of the community leaders, who know the ghetto community, try to address this problem? These are not isolated individuals.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Do any of the community leaders, who know the ghetto community, try to address this problem? These are not isolated individuals.
Some try, to no avail. Others do nothing. Some people just cut their losses and get away from the ghetto. I know about Milwaukee because this is my father's hometown. Outside of that, I never grew up in the ghetto. I only know what I know from documentaries and reading books. And I only look this up because I basically have to debate (and in many cases try to disprove) people who only seek to complain about Black people. The subject of this thread isn't racist in itself. However, some people come here with the goal of venting their hatred. I speak of the ghetto in terms of "the ghetto". This is what goes on in rough, low-income areas. This is what happens when the parents don't do their jobs. This is what happens when people don't have work. Many people moved to Milwaukee for work. My grandparents did. Now Milwaukee has a high unemployment rate with alot of factories closing. And the schools, well, at this point, not much the schools can do because the schools have alot of kids who are violent, were raised to be violent, and often don't know what they'll do in their adult life. It does start at home. It also start with having work and/or having a mind to work.

Not much I can do because I don't live in the ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies