Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2018, 02:23 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I do not think it says anything about the father. I see it as the other way around. If the "father" abandons the kids, it says something about that woman's choices. Alot of single mothers in the inner cities know what kind of men they are sleeping with. Many of them know they are sleeping with lousy, ineligible men. I notice that nerdy men have a hard time getting women, but hood rats and thugs can get women with ease. Yes, there are alot of lousy men, and the men have responsibility to share, but so do the women. A woman can prevent this problem by simply not getting in relationships with men who are thugs and hood rats. Men and women need to watch who they get involved with.
Yeah, no. The deadbeat father is at least as much to blame as the single mother trying to raise her kids alone.

And I say this as someone who has been happily married since my early 20s to the most stereotypically nerdy scientist imaginable.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:26 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You see it the other way around because you don't hold people accountable nearly enough. Since when is it the mothers fault concerning the actions of the father when it comes to sticking around and being in their childs life? I can think of few things that are more despicable than abandoning a child.

So they brought it on themselves? They should know that many inner city men are despicable human beings and there is a good chance those men are irresponsible.

What changed? What made those men not care? I wonder if its because they know the kids will get financial support from government so they leave? All the while forgetting that the kids need guidance.
Actually, I'm holding both the woman and the man accountable. The man is often shouldered with 75% of the blame, despite the fact that it takes two to make a baby.

Since when is it the mother's fault? I will show you. If a man was married and just up and left and didn't take care of the kid, then it is his fault. If he was a bum and a hood rat to begin with and not father/husband material to begin with, it is the woman's fault.

If she knew he was a despicable/irresponsible man to begin with and she slept with him, she has to take responsibility for her part. She didn't have to sleep with him. She could have said no. Yes, a woman should know better, just as a man should know better.

As for not caring, let me explain something to you. Hood rats don't care, period. They are hood rats. They look out for #1, and they think in short term. Good men care about their children. Good men are easy to spot. Hood rats have been there for years. Fatherless homes have been an issue in the inner city since the 1950s, before the launch of the modern "welfare state".

My point is this. Alot of single mothers in the inner cities got this way because they were dealing with individuals who were irresponsible/hood rats from the start. There are many women who are attract to "swag" and "thug".

I also brought up the subject of the nerdy men. There are kids going to inner city schools who are very invested in their academic endeavors, who love reading books and are not interested in being "hood". Many males who fit these characteristics are looked at as "not attractive" or "not exciting". Many of those males get turned down by females in favor of hood rats. Males who are more likely to be father/husband/employee material are being rejected alot. Something you need to think about.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yeah, no. The deadbeat father is at least as much to blame as the single mother trying to raise her kids alone.

And I say this as someone who has been happily married since my early 20s to the most stereotypically nerdy scientist imaginable.
Yes, the deadbeat is responsible. So is the woman who knowingly sleeps with a deadbeat. This is just what I am saying. If a woman sleeps with and procreates with a man whom she knows is a deadbeat, she is as responsible as that man. I am saying that by avoiding deadbeats altogether, that will stop 90% of the problem.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:34 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
This is nothing new. We had kids punching teachers back when I was going to school. Only difference is now there are cell phones to capture the whole thing on video.
back in my day, if you started that with a male teacher, you'd likely be the one laying on the ground as the teacher woulda whupped your butt.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:50 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
I don't know what would be going on with West Virginia. West Virginia has alot of problems, but I would think between West Virginia and Alabama, Alabama would have an incident like this, especially in Birmingham. Alabama has a higher murder rate, so naturally, I would suspect Alabama. I'm thinking it depends on where you were in WV vs in Alabama.
It's a personal observation that happened to me personally. I lived in the heart of Dixie and in north central WV.

Once again, it had nothing to with race or murder rate.

I'm saying - this is absolutely nothing new.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's a personal observation that happened to me personally. I lived in the heart of Dixie and in north central WV.

Once again, it had nothing to with race or murder rate.

I'm saying - this is absolutely nothing new.
I understand it's nothing new. It's been going on for a while.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
back in my day, if you started that with a male teacher, you'd likely be the one laying on the ground as the teacher woulda whupped your butt.
What would happen if you tried it with a woman?

Old 01-15-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Why do you want government raising people from cradle to grave? That's not their responsibility. Especailly when it is government that created the problem in the first place.

It's a societal problem. Plus it's a waste of time for students who are not going to have kids.
We have classes in school similar to this: Home Economics. If every teenager took a parenting class at school alot of teenagers might think twice. They would see how hard it is to take care of a child.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:01 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
We have classes in school similar to this: Home Economics. If every teenager took a parenting class at school alot of teenagers might think twice. They would see how hard it is to take care of a child.
Dunno about what they teach in that class nowadays, it was the females who took it when I went to school. It was more about the physical aspects like cooking and not much about societal needs. Like how to speak to children and what things to teach them. I cannot recall any of my classmates mentioning child rearing being taught in that class.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Dunno about what they teach in that class nowadays, it was the females who took it when I went to school. It was more about the physical aspects like cooking and not much about societal needs. Like how to speak to children and what things to teach them. I cannot recall any of my classmates mentioning child rearing being taught in that class.
Well, they probably should add child-rearing. One thing to consider is that in a Home-Ec book I found in middle school (late 1990s) there was some mention about children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies